• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Game goes to shade and freezes

FAR2019

From looking at the screen, @FAR2019, did your error occur after filtering for steel offers, then attempting to switch back to the main trader?

@helya - another thing I forgot to note in my post and I noticed also in @FAR2019's screen: you can see that it says "1/1" for the number of pages in the trader, but you can also see that the green arrows are available to be clicked, as they would be with multiple pages of trades.

I checked ElvenStats to verify the avatars for the users in FAR2019's screen because I don't have an account in Khelonaar. Neither show as having the avatar screened.
DewBee - https://www.elvenstats.com/player/us4/1658651
Crimson - https://www.elvenstats.com/player/us4/849820717

The screen in your post shows you filtered for T1/T2/T3 goods. @Myne's screen, like FAR2019's, shows filtering for a specific item offered. The text says steel, the item chosen is different in both cases. The one thing all four of our screens have in common is that we attempted to filter for something when the bug showed.
Hi! Sort of, but I was trying to collect a trade and when I clicked the checkmark on Trader's list, then it went like that. But I have had the Trader acting erratically or freezing the game for a while now. When it happens, I just close the browser and start the game again. :(

OIM20

@helya - Like in this thread, the screens (other than @RainbowSKYEPIXIE's) show filtering alongside the errors.

@sambria's shows filtered for silk or crystal offers (image is silk, word is crystal)
@Tawneywild's first screen shows two filters: 1- standard goods, & 2- demand for scrolls. This screen also shows the avatar/user name glitch I mentioned in my post here.
@Tawneywild's second screen shows filtered for platinum or gems demands (image is platinum, word is gems)

I don't want to flood the bugs forum with threads on the trader, though I know individual bug issues are supposed to get new threads. What I'm seeing so far are several different issues:
  1. star ratios are inaccurate (this thread, as well as here and here)
  2. avatars and user names are not being returned accurately by the query (observed here and here)
  3. the trader isn't loading properly, causing blanks to be returned
  4. the trader is "greying out" when placing trades / the game itself is crashing
  5. data is overlapping in the trader (no screens or really any details, though)
Should I open a separate thread for the user name/avatar issue? (All of the others appear to already have their own.) Or should all the threads be merged under a "All Trader Issues" umbrella?

(On a completely unrelated note [but mentioned in one of the threads], molasses actually flooded Boston at 35 mph on 15 January 1919. That's slow compared to how we drive in our cars now, but in 1919, the average vehicle speed was around 30 mph. A 25 foot wave of liquid sugar moved faster than a car - and a horse, as they also have an average top speed of 30 mph. Please note this is average; of course there are faster records.)

OIM20

Understood, @FAR2019. :) I'm trying to note similarities because it helps @helya and the bug team to be able to recreate the bug in their own cities. If you can reproduce the bug reliably with a specific string of events, then you now where the code most likely needs to be checked for issues that are causing the bug.

I say most likely because it could be something in a very different area. The fact that filtering appears to be a common denominator in failing to load trades, loading incorrect star ratios, and in attributing either the wrong name or the wrong avatar to trades could be a result of an open set code somewhere else (before or after the filtering code).

OIM20

You're welcome. *hands you bowl of homemade chicken soup* I hear this is good for when you aren't well. *looks around for Soggy* *passes over three-tiered tray filled with chocolates* This is too. ;)

WizardKrieg

I reported the bug on March 22 and got the, "try a different browser, clean your cache speech". Sent pictures and later in the day they admitted there was a problem. I contacted INNO again yesterday as my ability to trade is almost at a standstill....they have no eta of when it will be fixed, but perhaps in the next update, whenever that may be. :(

Attachments

• lock up 2.png
    lock up 2.png
    642.8 KB · Views: 46

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
We have active bug reports on this, so the developers are working on it. Feel free to continue to attach any screenshots you might have. If possible, with the Dev Console open would be even better.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya Since I play on both Beta and Live servers, I tend to have this bug behave a bit more strangely and they still have not gotten it fixed there either, even though Beta usually gets bugs and glitched fixed first.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but here is what can happen when I switch from one server to the other. Whichever one I load into first tends to behave normally, unless I am in the city for a long time and/or doing a lot of heavy clicking. But when I log out of that city, without closing the browser or the tab, and change the setting at the top of the screen and log into the other server, I sometimes can barely do anything before this glitch gets me. I can collect and/or post dozens of trades with no problem in the first city, then in the second city I may barely get through 3 or 4 trades before everything gets weird or goes dark and mostly locks up. So something is staying in the game files/ memory/cache/whatever. I wonder how many of the people experiencing this are having it happen the same way: not in the first city they log into, but in their second or third, etc.

Nectar of the Gods

@helya Will the new update fix the going to shade and freezing? Because the previous update did not fix the problem. It is happening on all worlds at different times, not restricted to trading. Fingers crossed the new update fixes this because it is quite annoying having to reload the page all the time.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I've gotten this problem at seemingly random times, but unsure of how to actually track or narrow down the issue. The following places I've seen it happen are:

1. During trading where there is much interaction going on. Unsure if it's happened while placing a number of trades, though.
2. More than once while queuing up troop productions. Occurs more frequently if I use time boosters to flush the queue before queuing up more.
3. Exactly once while selecting troops while trying to manual-fight in a tourney. Instead of fighting, I backed out and got met with the shade.

Recently, I've noticed that right before it happens, I notice a tooltip hanging around in the middle of the screen. Usually reading "No free slots". Any other action invites the shade, so I usually just refresh the game at that point.

Trying to go slow with the trader and barracks as though I'm picking apart a grenade-loaded Rubik's Cube helps mitigate the problem but doesn't prevent it altogether.

EDIT: On point #3, the icons and display started going wonky; anything I was clicking on was disappearing and so were anything the icons would appear over as well. I was fearing for my blossom mages at that point so instead of trying to fight anyway, I backed out. And got shaded.

I feel as if Zoof is describing my issues to a tee. The only one that doesn't apply is manual fighting.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya Will the new update fix the going to shade and freezing? Because the previous update did not fix the problem. It is happening on all worlds at different times, not restricted to trading. Fingers crossed the new update fixes this because it is quite annoying having to reload the page all the time.
I'm thinking no, there was a fix but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It seems to be getting worse, but it is definitely linked to the trader. It seems that every time I go into the trader and click a trade, then come out of the trader, the very next thing I click will cause the screen to go to shade and freeze. As long as I never take a trade, I can go all day without it freezing. The minute I take one, that's it. No soup for me. :(

SunsetDanar

It seems to be getting worse, but it is definitely linked to the trader. It seems that every time I go into the trader and click a trade, then come out of the trader, the very next thing I click will cause the screen to go to shade and freeze. As long as I never take a trade, I can go all day without it freezing. The minute I take one, that's it. No soup for me. :(

No not linked to the trader and probably not linked to anything within the game proper. I've said earlier that that trader is most often used so issues occur often in the trader. I now believe it to be a failure of the server to recognize function requests and return the necessary or correct information for your current position within the game so when that returned information doesn't correspond with your request, the game locks. There have been several bug reports documenting issues that I now believe to be related to the same problem and yes...it is getting worse.

Zoof

Ok, so here's a fun one. Can't believe I haven't tried this before, but I kinda accidentally on reflex hit the ESC key after it shaded and it unshaded. Just about everything in the game was borked and the interface was nigh unusable. Turns out that the hotkeys still activates their functions. Whether or not those functions work is a different matter.

But I did manage to replicate that weird top-left corner thingie after pushing "W" to go to the world map.

Also, the more you play around with the game with the hotkeys, the more it seems to break. I oughta try this the next time I get shaded to see if this wasn't just a one-off.