• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gripe and Bemoan the Horrors of (BAD) Cross-tier (ALWAYS)

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
@Count Mein, I used to think posting a lot of small trades was helping the smaller players also. But in truth they don't, most of the smaller players you are thinking can take them trades (other then those in your FS) will not have discovered you and will have to pay the trader fee so your trades will not even be a 2 star trade for them.
e7t86avblnnbe6o6g.jpg

If you check the players that actually take your trades (in your notifications) I believe you will see most will be bigger neighbours that have already discovered you and not the smaller cities that you actually think are taking them. I always tell my members to post what they need because if I post a bunch of small trades my bigger neighbours always take them thinking that my trades are a smaller city that needs goods!

Anyway play how you like no one is saying you cant or that your not trying to be helpful posting trades how you do!
Now I hope we can get back to griping about cross tier trades. :D

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I had to google RIF. I got reduction in force or reading is fundamental. I'll assume the latter unless it is a typo for a premature RIP. :)

I guess you think you made a point by this one person being a big player and having no T1 factories. You didn't. Firstly, I was talking about people who make multiple trades in general, not this one player. Secondly, even big players may want to reach small players and thus offer small trades. It's not taking advantage. It's being considerate.

RIF right back atcha.

I'm replying one more time and then I'm through because I hate these stupid nit picky back and forths when others do them.

So I'll just say this.
You were replying directly to My post.
You wanted clarification about MY "gripe."
I clarified MY gripe and I quoted MY original post to show what I was talking about.
Now YOU are saying I was misinterpreting what you were saying about people making multiple trades.
I DON'T CARE what you said about that because I never commented on what you were saying EXCEPT in relation to YOU not understanding what I said.
So in conclusion ladies and gentlemen of the jury.
I remind you that this thread and MY post in particular are about Cross Tier trading and I do not care about Ms Mein's obvious points about regular trades and the reason for multiple small entries.
Thank you
I'm here all week
And may your gods go with you

DeletedUser20951

Numerous little tiny trades of the same do annoy me, as well (spoiler alert: many things annoy me), especially when it's big players placing 'em, but not near as much as cross-tier does, because I understand the benevolent sentiment behind the behavior, although I believe it shows better sense to check the Trader more often to accept newbie trades, if helping these players out is the goal, since, in all likelihood (two in three chance), they won't need what or how much you are offering. I don't fully discriminate against making my trades available to smaller players, though, but remain mindful of cluttering up the Trader, posting two or three one thousand of each of my boosted for whatever, two or three five thousand, two or three ten thou- You get the point. I adjust my trades depending on my needs to where I rarely take up three pages total, yet break them into various sizes.

DeletedUser20951

I clarified MY gripe and I quoted MY original post to show what I was talking about.
My troll senses have been tingling while reading this exchange, and I'm in your corner on it. You've shown amazing restraint.
And may your gods go with you
...I love taking the Gods' names in vain whenever absolutely heretically possible (ALWAYS).

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I don't fully discriminate against making my trades available to smaller players, though, but remain mindful of cluttering up the Trader, .

and a selfish reason not to fill the trader with pages of small trades
if you are like me an use the notification window to see things like who visited you
the offers you cluttered trader joe's with
become acceptances cluttering your notification

i think Squirrel made good points as to why the small trades may not be as helpful as people mean them to be
i'll just add this
if someone can accept twenty 1000 goods trades
they can accept two 10K or one 20K

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Numerous little tiny trades of the same do annoy me, as well (spoiler alert: many things annoy me), especially when it's big players placing 'em, but not near as much as cross-tier does, because I understand the benevolent sentiment behind the behavior, although I believe it shows better sense to check the Trader more often to accept newbie trades, if helping these players out is the goal, since, in all likelihood (two in three chance), they won't need what or how much you are offering. I don't fully discriminate against making my trades available to smaller players, though, but remain mindful of cluttering up the Trader, posting two or three one thousand of each of my boosted for whatever, two or three five thousand, two or three ten thou- You get the point. I adjust my trades depending on my needs to where I rarely take up three pages total, yet break them into various sizes.

Heh, you would not want me showing up in your trade window then. I rarely post trades because I can usually keep my goods balances by accepting the trades of other players. But if I get hit hard on a couple of goods due to a tournament or something, I will post my max of 60 trades all at one time, usually 20 for one good, 20 for another good, and 20 for a third good. And they will not be large numbers by some peoples' definition, usually 3000 for 3000. I have a lot of mid-ranged size players in my neighborhood, so I do not like to post giant trades. I also hate to see those giant trades because I will almost never take them.

DeletedUser20951

I will post my max of 60 trades all at one time, usually 20 for one good, 20 for another good, and 20 for a third good. And they will not be large numbers by some peoples' definition, usually 3000 for 3000. I have a lot of mid-ranged size players in my neighborhood, so I do not like to post giant trades. I also hate to see those giant trades because I will almost never take them.
While I prefer less trades being posted, I do have several neighbors that employ a similar method, and I've gotten used to it... Greatly helps alleviate any irritation that they're big dogs who regularly snag all of my trades, and I can't say I've ever felt animosity towards them. Now, if they were putting up cross-tier in that number... Yes, I might be tempted to bite the hand that feeds me. XD

Disclaimer: I never send mean messages to anybody in the game for any reason, but I will think mean things about 'em.

But I think anybody who posts 50K or 100K does so with the knowledge that they have to wait till another 'big' fish shows interest
Aye, my large trades stay up longer, and that's fine, since I only post to balance my goods, not because I am in desperate need.

DeletedUser20951

Considering how many players these days are mobile only, even if you did send mean messages to them, most of them would never get it. lol
O_O

Muahahahahahahaha! Ah, man, never thought of that in this context, but too true. Still, I believe it's harassment to go around being vile unprompted, and would rather not chance it, despite whatever negative views I possess of a player (when I'm going to insult someone, it's gonna be in public and/or a retaliation that I wouldn't mind repeating in public, because if you won't say something with witnesses present, I don't think you should say it at all). I'll send random weird missives, and the rare kind ones, though, as I don't see the harm.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I also hate to see those giant trades because I will almost never take them.

I post 50K and 100K trades if I get really low on something. They are intended for my FS members who may have large stockpiles. I'm really surprised when somebody besides fellow FS members take them. I'm thinking that players who don't have that luxury probably account for a lot of the cross-tier trades.

DeletedUser20951

Dude! I don't know if it's just a coincidence or because of this thread, but my next door neighbor changed their city title to "no cr tier trade from me" and I am utterly delighted! Never have spoken to 'em, but now I am fond of them in the very vague way that I am capable of.

DeletedUser20951

We should all aspire to be fond of each other in very vague ways. ;)
You speak the truth, and, hey, my limited emotional range means I'm incapable of hatred, which I see as a good trait. Hatred seems exhausting. Even if I could feel it, I probably couldn't keep it up, same as with anger. The last time I was actually angry was several years ago and it was in response to a life or death situation regarding a family member. Priorities (mental disability), for the win!

DeletedUser12171

I also hate to see those giant trades because I will almost never take them.
if there's a good reason to "hate" big trades, I'd like to hear it

I'm now in Constructs and I have been posting trades of 50 - 100k from as far back as S&D. Let me break down what my goods situation looks like

atm I have 4.3 million T1 goods, 4 million T2 goods and 5.8 million T3 goods. they are atm roughly balanced. I have 6/6/4 factories and Mountain Halls at level 21.

My standard weekly tourney engagement is 9 provinces to round 6, the next 7 to round 5/6 and the remainder up to province no.40 to round 2. I just checked and my next tournament round, round 3, on Province 20 will cost me 56.7k T1, 82k T2 and 87k T3 goods to fully cater. Since I cater approximately 1/4 of my tournament encounters, it would cost me about 56k goods to clear this province if I were not fighting 100%.

Can you begin to see how 1. with goods in the millions, I need to post larger trades to balance them without posting excessive number of trades and 2. 100 k goods barely covers 2 rounds of tournament encounters. Since I am a boosted-only producer I definitely need to balance hundreds of thousands of goods each week to cover my tournament needs. If I were to post all that I need in batches of 1,000 or even 10,000 I'd be posting upwards of 100 trades each time.

I don't have anything against smaller players. As I've said elsewhere, if anyone needs a trade, post it and someone will take it. I take small trades too. I don't see the necessity of me posting numerous trades of 1,000 each for a small guy that I don't even know exists, when said small guy, if he needs, can post trades of 1,000 each whereby I would pick up. In fact I pick up small trades all the time, even for my non-boosted goods, as long as they are even and non-cross tier, because I can certainly spare some non-boosted for a smaller player. I need big flow of goods, therefore I post big trades. Someone who needs small flow, can post small trades. If anyone has a mindset against that, well, that's just too bad! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DeletedUser20951

I don't see the necessity of me posting numerous trades of 1,000 each for a small guy that I don't even know exists, when said small guy, if he needs, can post trades of 1,000 each whereby I would pick up.
So much this! It's one thing to try to be solicitous, but a whole 'nother thing to do so in a way that ends up being a headache for all of the mid-range to high-level players. I see placing fewer trades of large amounts as a decent act, overall, versus putting up a bunch of tiny trades for hypothetical newer players that might need 'em.

Vergazi

What about a filter that only displays the towns out to X number of rings from your town in the Trader? Did someone suggest a 2nd Trader just for Sentient Goods in the past? ( I'm lazy and not feeling very searchie atm )