• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How is this not "pushing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13467

I got bogged down in chapter 3 with a group of about ten or so new people and think I counted 60k or so kp sent out to the top 3-4 top members so there is times that kp could go very big and look like an extreme push

A fine example of why players should never act like moderators or threaten other players in any way. Join the correct side...

DeletedUser3507

Emperor that was not harassment, by stating your violating the repeat rule. :D. If you want harassment msg me privately, :rolleyes::cool: and I'll do my best...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6219

I just find it hilarious that someone who is obviously an extra/alt account of another forumite - is posting under an alt account talking about alt accounts. I would have taken this way more seriously if you weren't hiding behind an alt. If you feel so deeply about your convictions in regards to this then why hide behind an alias?
I have never noticed any push accounts, but then again I play the game for me and do not care about the score of others. Your city and score have nothing to do with how I play.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I just find it hilarious that someone who is obviously an extra/alt account of another forumite - is posting under an alt account talking about alt accounts. I would have taken this way more seriously if you weren't hiding behind an alt. If you feel so deeply about your convictions in regards to this then why hide behind an alias?
Obviously the method of obtaining the information on other players falls into a grey area, so being anonymous makes sense.
I play the game for me and do not care about the score of others. Your city and score have nothing to do with how I play.
  • Does the success and power of other players effect how your FS does in the FA?
  • What if future events, updates and features also follow the FA model where higher ranking gives better rewards, would it effect you then?
  • What if legit players stop paying for this game since they can't compete with cheaters, will it effect your game then?

You don't play an MMO in a vacuum, the actions of others are bound to have consequences for everyone.

DeletedUser6219

Most of my FS already know they will never get a top 3 spot; my one on Khelonaar did take 3rd place this last one.
The FS that know they won't - don't actually care about the top 3 prizes.

I am only in one FS that would stand a chance at anything new like the FA mechanic. Personally I think the FA is a form of pvp which creates a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths from the get go. I hated pvp in MMOs I have played and don't really care for it here.

If someone quits because of a cheater having a higher score - that is their issue. This whole "But they have a higher score" line is nonsensical to me. My reply to that is "And? How does their score affect my score?" I guess I am a rarity in that respect because in my mind if I was the cheater it would seem like a hollow victory to me. There's a player on one of the newer servers who has bought his way to the #1 spot... good for him. If someone wants to spend the thousands of dollars he has on the game just so they can be #1... uhh ok.. have fun with that - I will settle for a spot in the top 100 and go on my merry way lol. I compete with myself and no one else.

Now I am not saying I condone pushing, but I just don't see it as a problem. I think if someone is pushing - report them as they are breaking the rules. but sending a snotty little email saying "Hey stop it or else" yeah that irks me. It's like a tattle tale saying "Hahaha I told on you." just report them and move on - let Inno do what they will.

Long story short - Doesn't bother me - report it and don't be all dramatic by sending the user an email.

Obviously the method of obtaining the information on other players falls into a grey area, so being anonymous makes sense.

• Does the success and power of other players effect how your FS does in the FA?
  • What if future events, updates and features also follow the FA model where higher ranking gives better rewards, would it effect you then?
  • What if legit players stop paying for this game since they can't compete with cheaters, will it effect your game then?

You don't play an MMO in a vacuum, the actions of others are bound to have consequences for everyone.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am only in one FS that would stand a chance at anything new like the FA mechanic. Personally I think the FA is a form of pvp which creates a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths from the get go. I hated pvp in MMOs I have played and don't really care for it here.
I also really hate the PvP part, but in case it isn't going anywhere, I would think the rank rewards will be improved. If for example the top 20 start getting 10x5h rewards, and the top 30 get 10x2h rewards etc, then it will really start to matter how many cheaters are beating you.

If you still don't care, that's fine, but other do care, so it still matters.
If someone quits because of a cheater having a higher score - that is their issue.
This game is funded by paying players. Even if you (like me) don't care about rank, others do care, and they directly effect the budget that this game has to work with.
Surely you can understand that less money for inno = less game for you.
report it and don't be all dramatic by sending the user an email.
Inno takes a long time to deal with cheaters, and doesn't have a huge staff. By mailing the cheaters and letting them know they are going to be reported a few have already ceased their cheating activities without tying up inno resources for an investigation. So it is in fact already working with positive results.

DeletedUser3507

What Soggy said I like. Those of us that spend $ do not tolerate cheaters no mater what method there using.
And if was up to me I would have removed there accounts long ago. And banned there IP address.
Along with other thing I will not mention in polite conversation.

DeletedUser13467

Emperor that was not harassment, by stating your violating the repeat rule. :D. If you want harassment msg me privately, :rolleyes::cool: and I'll do my best...
Those of us that spend $ do not tolerate cheaters no mater what method there using.
First of all, that's up to Inno to determine and enforce, which they do without your help. And more so, we are all equal. So stop acting like you're someone elite. Report all day, but you do not have the right to threaten or harass anyone. Period. Join the right side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Seeing how this thread is slowly spiraling out of control and the nudges to stay on topic have gone unnoticed, I will be closing this thread. Happy Gaming Everyone!

Clarify: There seems to be some confusion on the reason for the closure of this thread. To clarify, this thread was not closed specifically because it derailed of topic at chosen moments but because off the personal attacks seen here by the moderators and brought to attention in private.

~Xelenia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.