• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How much Adventure is too much?

Fiona Selah

I am definitely on board with the idea that the rewards simply don't measure up to what they should be considering the amount of resources spent! Space for squatters, cost of building, the screeching on the brakes of building our cities and researching, building up armies, etc etc. Most of you know the drill way better than I do being fairly new.

Every waypoint should give rewards imo.

I enjoyed my first FA, but got burned out so quickly. If the rewards were even decent I would have been fine with pushing to get through all stages. I would completely be on board to back up a forum movement to greatly improve rewards!

Crow Last Elf

I DETEST crafting stuff I don't want, and throwing away 5 hour time instants to make more CCs just to have arcanes.

I am definitely on board with the idea that the rewards simply don't measure up to what they should be considering the amount of resources spent! S

I encourage my fs to not spend diamonds or too many time boosters during the FA... I feel bad about that, but the rewards are just not worth it. It would be great to really push during the FA again, and have all other fs doing the same, but I wouldn't do it unless the rewards for doing more than one path are better.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
25,600 by the always finish #1 group
21,100 by the usually finish #2 group
16,500 by the usually "top 5" finishing group.

We finish 5th almost every FA because we have a great team and reduce the stress of the thing by the following:

1) Constant communication, including daily and sometimes twice daily updates. Everybody knows what to make and what to avoid making.
2) Planning ahead. We know from the start how many we need of each item. And we track 5 of them by having people post in a thread that they have started one of those 5. Everything else is either easily made or can be if needed. Arcane Residue, like everyone knows, can slow us down but we encourage all participants to have 200+ CC ready and about 100 5 hr time instants. Most don't get close but some do and that makes it much easier to do the crafting necessary. I, too, think the AR too much and can easily see it could be a real drain if you weren't well prepared before the FA started.
3) Realistic goals revealed before hand. I usually set the goals based upon the workstation count and our past performances per workstation (25 points per workstation means that if we have 1500 workstations we can do about 35,000 points. We know this from tracking the last few FA's. There are other things I do to predict how it will go, but the point is I set the bar lower than what might happen. Last FA I set it at 10th place and about 32000 points. We got 5th and I forget how many points. The excitement of going past our goals is always a winner BUT if we don't reach our goals, a bummer. So I lower expectations to what I think the minimum we will do at the beginning and watch as they always surpass them.
4) Easy reporting. It takes opening the proper thread and typing 3-5 characters to report. And the players only report on carpenters, farmers, blacksmiths, necklaces and statues. They put them in the thread and our FAO (Fellowship Adventure Officers) put them in the giant spreadsheet we use to track everything. It even tells us when things will be ready to be collected!
5) No requirements to participate. Everyone usually does, but sometimes not. We never mention it. And, because we track who put what on each waypoint we also know who might not have had the chance to put something on the current stage -- so we reach out and privately ask if they wish to do so.

Overall, it all works well and nobody is under a lot of pressure. The only pressure we really feel is what others have mentioned, too many FA's in a year. I'd like to see it go to 4 myself. 6 is too many. As a result we'll probably take a break in a couple more, as we did a few back.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
All I want to know is, what was Inno smoking when they decided to have one measely 300 point waypoint on orange that required 52 arcanes in addition to 16 blacksmiths and something else. They must have been high that day ... there is no other explanation for it since I don't believe they are normally insane.

Darielle

I encourage my fs to not spend diamonds or too many time boosters during the FA... I feel bad about that, but the rewards are just not worth it. It would be great to really push during the FA again, and have all other fs doing the same, but I wouldn't do it unless the rewards for doing more than one path are better.
Yeah, I hear you. You're probably right. But I do get enough 5-hour time instants from the spire (we made gold again this week), so I don't miss those so badly. I do draw the line at diamonds though ... I've never spent them on an FA. I know a few of my friends flip the MA dial for 50 diamonds, but I won't do that. I'd rather save them for a magic workshop. :)

Dew Spinner

Yeah, I hear you. You're probably right. But I do get enough 5-hour time instants from the spire (we made gold again this week), so I don't miss those so badly. I do draw the line at diamonds though ... I've never spent them on an FA. I know a few of my friends flip the MA dial for 50 diamonds, but I won't do that. I'd rather save them for a magic workshop. :)
I don't think they do much thinking in that way because they don't play the game. How can you know the product you are selling if you don't use it? They have read enough complaints about this badge and still they haven't gotten rid of it or change it to 1 craft/1 badge. Thank God they aren't 15 VV still!!!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Ugh. I'm ok with a badge that requires crafting something in the MA, but the number 9 is definitely not "right". If it's 9 VV, then stop giving MA combos where the options are (a) I overdo it crafting something for 29 VV, (b) I overdo it crafting something for 19 VV, or (c) I craft 3 things to add up to only 7 or 8 and then have to wait through another MA cycle to complete 9.
:mad::rolleyes::(:eek:o_O:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LadyMercy

I am a part of a FS who personally LOVESSSS FA's - we go all out and do our best...the excitement that builds up to is is so much fun!! And then they started coming about every 6 weeks. OK - constant scrambling. Just get into building for chapter - have to stop that...oops an event - do that. Hands down - every 6 weeks is definitely exhausting. Plus having one this often truly takes away the excitement of it. I think an FA 3 times a year would not only put the excitement back into it, but bring more teams back to playing it. It would also give members time to work their villages and chapters. I am personally done all chapters, and I don't need to fill my time with continual FA's and events to keep me occupied. There is always plenty to do. Just my 2 cents.

Darielle

4 days is not long enough for those younger FSs who haven't gotten the system down yet. Stage 3 is not an easy stage for those FSs.
Hmm ... I didn't think of that. You may be right, and in that case, it wouldn't be fair to end too soon. It would be nice, though, if they had something other than the monotonous pit for 4 days for the ones who do complete the maps in 2 days or less. Or make the pit less monotonous in some way, I don't know. My group is pretty sick of the pit by now, I think, lol.