• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I'm tired of guest races

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
based on the comments from many it sounds simply like "i'm tired of playing this game". I mean, these are the tasks and always have been.

soooo… perhaps suggest some "minichapters" in the ideas/suggestions. Come up with some good short-build things, that maybe tie together. Format it up, and submit. basically you want a break from the long-haul builds so perhaps if they integrated some fairly do-able, but small scale challenges to drop in between main chapters it would provide a nice break. maybe even make them repeatable if you want to spend that time as restocking or just enjoy those shorter activities.
This!

Darielle

I do not build more than 1 of each GR production building, and I use teleports to swap them in and out of my city as needed for chapters that require GR resources (not GR currency) to upgrade the buildings and/or for research. Once the upgrades & research are complete, I sell off the GR production buildings and finish with PPs.
I used to do that too. I guess that's why I hated 17 so much, when I found out that I couldn't use portal profits to do that. They are slightly useful, but you can have all the pps in the world and you won't get through 17 without multiple GR buildings.

Darielle

I've parked partway through 16 in my largest city. I was just burned out. I'd rather use kp to upgrade Wonders. I am still producing the drafts, beer, and tea. So when I restart I'll have all the basic crap I'll need. I just started Fairies in my medium city, and I am enjoying the early GRs.
I enjoyed them too. One of the players in my fellowship said she hated the Orc chapter because it is so long and boring. It made me smile. I would give anything to have an Orc-style chapter now. Those were the good old fun days. So why am I still here? Sometimes I wonder if it's only because I love my fellowship. If not for them, I might have left by now due to the mind-numbing insanity of the most boring slog I've ever experienced in a game.

From what everyone has said, I'm hoping that Inno realized how bad Chapter 17 was and threw a bone to the players in 18,19, and 20. I'm starting to work on 18 again ... only got through the ones that didn't require badges so far, but it doesn't look too bad. (Hoping I won't kick myself for saying that.)

Kadhrin

I'd say take a break, in some way or other, and there are several ways to do it.
Maybe focus more on one city and park the others for a bit. Having cities at different chapters may be helpful.
Fortunately, we haven't seen any more chapters with the "completely rearrange your residences and workshops" requirement.

MagicPagan

Can I suggest that you try in one of your cities. Try different things and see how they work. Try different setups and see how they work. Maybe you find one that makes you not hate it so much and you can move all your cities onward.
I think I'm going to take an indefinite break from guest races and focus on building up the city. You have no idea how I groaned when I woke to the 48 hour countdown clock on yet another little event...

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
One often forgets that speed is a stressor. So, if you made speeding through the chapters your goal, it's bound to add to the stress. And, unless you can see the stress actually leading to place of accomplishment in an amount of time you find satisfying, (the accomplishment being the reward for enduring the stress), you will probably feel a bit of burn out. It does appear that every player eventually finds something that takes just tooooooo looooooong. The only way to go around that is to create in the game (usually for yourself), challenges that don't take tooooooo loooooong, according to your own, personal, tolerance for stress. A challenge is only fun if you know, within reason, just how long and how much effort you will need to put into it. Or at least believe the effort will get you there before you burn out. So, as Darielle has said, (I think it was her), "mini-games" are the answer. By "mini-games" I include those personal challenges you set for yourself as well as any the devs add.

AJ

Darielle

One often forgets that speed is a stressor. So, if you made speeding through the chapters your goal, it's bound to add to the stress. And, unless you can see the stress actually leading to place of accomplishment in an amount of time you find satisfying, (the accomplishment being the reward for enduring the stress), you will probably feel a bit of burn out. It does appear that every player eventually finds something that takes just tooooooo looooooong. The only way to go around that is to create in the game (usually for yourself), challenges that don't take tooooooo loooooong, according to your own, personal, tolerance for stress. A challenge is only fun if you know, within reason, just how long and how much effort you will need to put into it. Or at least believe the effort will get you there before you burn out. So, as Darielle has said, (I think it was her), "mini-games" are the answer. By "mini-games" I include those personal challenges you set for yourself as well as any the devs add.

AJ
Wasn't me, but I heartily endorsed defiant's idea. :)

ThunderingRaymy

The only break I have taken was an entire retreat from the game for about 4-5 months due to RL. Otherwise, I like to push through the chapters cuz I get bored of the same routine and even though the next guest race requires similar actions, the details are different enough to engage me for a little while. I'm on Ch. 17 now and started Elvenar in Dec 2020, so I assume that is fairly fast. I too dislike the recent chapters where PP are only partially useful and you must build a certain number of bldgs to progress in the story because I don't want to purchase more premium expansions, or teleport my manufactories. Not that the standard goods are necessary for me anymore, but I like their aesthetic appeal. I've finally reached a point where I'm considering parking before the next chapter. I'd also like to be of greater help in the FA's and need room for that. I'd like to cut back on the number of tasks to perform in my city each morning and evening. And this chapter is luring me into multiple daily visits!

Every person has their own limit for when they need a break. Some may like to turtle through persistently, while others hoppitty hop and then take a short nap, only to hoppity hop again. I didn't really take any naps and moved faster than a tortoise, and now I think I regret it. I did end up deleting my second city because I pushed in both cities and couldn't stop myself from behaving that way. It's in my DNA so at least I discovered that I'm a one city gal.

Sorry I can't really give good advice even though I've been through Ch 15 & 16 recently. It's kinda like giving birth. I can't seem to recall the pain and suffering or any details of my decisions at all! LOL!

GoldenSlipper

Wow! I'm stuck in chapter 6! Lol. I had no idea what was going to come...So I'm a babe in the woods.. I appreciate every post because I'm learning, and that I totally enjoy. My game was simply to have as many challenges which allows me to learn and then pass what I learned on to even newer players. I did play Elvenar when it was new, (yeah, that's m a n y years ago), when almost everyone was new. Then life happened, as it so often does and sometimes at the most inopportune time, but that is what lives does, right. Anyway, here I am now a nuub again, but thankfully I just happened to perk up when I read the first post on 'parking'. It's obviously the first time I experience this phenomena in the middle of chapter 6, but I thought this was just a one time thing, being stopped from researching because the dwarves happened and they were being demanding right of the start. I happen to love dwarves. But for me in something like that I see as a learning opportunity, and I love learning, learning anything really. Chapter 6 and this thread is teaching us/me to read ahead; I had forgotten about reading ahead.
I enjoyed learning so much from all your posts on this thread, and am looking forward to chapter 15 and the "parking"experience. I learned here that it will benefit me reading chapters ahead of schedule, avoiding a unpleasant surprise. I learned to start now to decide what style player I am, wanna be and follow that inclination. And best of all, I will take what I learned and pass it on to my even nuubier fellow members, so they too will benefit and together, you and I will have done a good thing today. So thank you.

I started at the very end of Oct. 2021. Maybe I powered up too quickly. 15 full chapters and a third of 16 in a little more than a year and a half made me impatient (not that I'm patient in real life.) But the time and trades of 15 wore me out. So less focus on the big city GR, and more concentration on Fairies in my other city. It's one of my favorite chapters.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
After a mere four weeks since my last tech, I am only a few days away from having 42000 pearls for my next tech in chapter 17. And only 15 more techs to go after this one. So exciting that I'm only considering quitting once or twice a day.

Genefer

I used to do that too. I guess that's why I hated 17 so much, when I found out that I couldn't use portal profits to do that. They are slightly useful, but you can have all the pps in the world and you won't get through 17 without multiple GR buildings.

Well, that's disappointing :)

I hope I get a 200% diamond offer to purchase expansions, because I do not have any room in my city. lol