• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Increasingly difficult tourneys

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I should not again, be finding myself suddenly bankrupted of troops within my first page of fights, that is simply ridiculous.
Without military AW that's going to happen more and more. You NEED them to keep up with SS tech upgrades if you want to improve results. The players who told you to remove them either had no idea what they were talking about or were talking about the OLD AW before they got massive buffs well over a year ago.
As a super basic example, a level 1 Needles will give you 15% more troops.

Also, I suspect your baracks sits idle doing nothing for a few hours every day before you wake up.
A level 1 bulwark or shrewdy shrroms would fix that instantly by doubling your training queue time allowing you to cook units 24/7

Players need to use every available tool in order to excel in the tournament. Wonders and craftable buildings being by far the 2 most powerful.(and soon FirePhoenix)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

Yeah Scrolls touneys are one of the tough ones, sucks if it is your boost, as it is mine!
I don't know about that, you're in a better position to recover goods most spent on catering. Helps if you're also boosted in dust (I have both), as these are two hardest tournaments, and both use the same primary goods.

Unless you're talking about very early game where you want to go harder on your boosted tournaments to get to 500 relics. Yeah, that part was not pretty, but at that stage I was doing mostly catering regardless, as fighting that early sucked in general.

kctanzen

Difficult / more costly tourney types as a boosted good are a hidden Good Thing.
After you do manage to collect your 500+ relics for the manufacturing boost, you will find those relics rarely getting used up -- magic academy recipes, for the most part, do not use boosted relics.

Other than wonder upgrades, there isn't a consistent drain on boosted relics until things change a bit in the elemental+ chapters, which I've yet to reach.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Difficult / more costly tourney types as a boosted good are a hidden Good Thing.
After you do manage to collect your 500+ relics for the manufacturing boost, you will find those relics rarely getting used up -- magic academy recipes, for the most part, do not use boosted relics.

Other than wonder upgrades, there isn't a consistent drain on boosted relics until things change a bit in the elemental+ chapters, which I've yet to reach.

Some of the Pet Food recipes will use 5 of a boosted relic, so that is one more little drain on them.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
agree with kctanzen, its a blessing to have the scrolls and dust boost. Much worse to have those as your sentient goods.

The forum is full of posts about difficulty of tournaments, and funnily enough how often those correspond to the scrolls and dust weeks. I have never seen such posts on the easy tournament weeks.

DeletedUser8192

Everyone is getting slaughtered, this is the nature of the scrolls tournament. Don't remember people complaining when they were cruising through the steel tournament a few weeks ago ;)
I try not to complain here, however I saw a player frustrated with something I am experiencing myself, so chose to comment on it.
I don't comment so someone might start playing the violins for me, just figure if others point out they are experiencing the same, maybe someone will sit up and notice ;-)

Besides, Real life keeps me so darn busy that when I do actually get to log in here, I would rather have positive interactions with the rest of you fine folks..

SC

DeletedUser8192

Yeah Scrolls tourneys are one of the tough ones, sucks if it is your boost, as it is mine!
It is one of mine as well, just as an afterthought I did ask a couple of other players having issues with tourney as well, and they do not have scroll as boosted, but everyone else does..

Would be interested to know why the degree of difficulty with Dust/Scroll but not hearing from others about the other T2/3 boosts tourney..

DeletedUser8192

Seachant - - I can honestly say I've used some of your comments VERBATIM as I'm getting slaughtered as well. Thank you sooo much for posting your comments, it's nice to know someone really gets what I'm talking about. Heh-Heh, I'm sorry for your losses. ;-)

No sweat, I was glad to chime in, although I do apologize for such a nightmare of a post GAH..
I apologize for all of my errors I am seeing now that I am logged into my PC.

Voice typing on my phone really stinks sometimes :oops:

SC

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Would be interested to know why the degree of difficulty with Dust/Scroll but not hearing from others about the other T2/3 boosts tourney..

Difficultly has nothing to do with boosted goods. Dust and scrolls key unit is light melee, you have close combat troops up against ranged troops. The enemy gets to shoot you before you reach them, so the attrition rate is very high. It is simply a matter of your units verse the enmy units and their combination and composition.

DeletedUser8192

Difficultly has nothing to do with boosted goods. Dust and scrolls key unit is light melee, you have close combat troops up against ranged troops. The enemy gets to shoot you before you reach them, so the attrition rate is very high. It is simply a matter of your units verse the enmy units and their combination and composition.

Yes I understand troop v troop and their attack, I am commenting on the others who find the scroll/dust to be difficult but not the other ones..As long as you use appropriate counter then your troops should be hot-dogging it when your squad and rank are higher..

Hope that makes sense, this is my last post for the night as I am just finally getting a chance to have lunch/dinner at a very late hour, and am trying to voice type while I cook. I appreciate the input though Mykan, have a great evening :)

SC

DeletedUser3468

I've noticed that I've had more difficulty fighting in tourney lately too. It seems like we are seeing more of a mix of enemy troops in the battles and that's making it difficult to come up with a proper strategy to fight them (mainly because their mixed troops seem to do so much more damage than our mixed troops). I don't know if I'm being clear about what I mean here... it's late and I'm tired. I'm seeing the enemies having a mix of light ranged/ mage/ heavy melee or heavy ranged - just enough of each so that one type of fighter can't do well against them all but when you try to match them up against the ones your fighters are strongest against, it just doesn't work since we only have 5 troops (?) and they can have 8 or so. Sorry if I'm not making much sense, it's just it has seemed more difficult lately to me also.o_O

DeletedUser12171

Scrolls is hard because the counter unit on the enemy side (Heavy Range) is really strong against your key unit (Light Melee).

In Steel for example, the enemy counter (Light Melee) can be dealt with by simply keeping out of range. Also the higher initiative of Light Range helps you whittle the enemy counter down before they get to hit you, if they do.

In Scrolls, the enemy key has either high initiative (Light Range), or powerful debuffs + good range (Mage). So your key unit already have some disadvantage, and add on to that Heavy Range counter which have generally better HP, resistance and range against your Light Melee, makes for a tough fight all-round.

Well, you win some, you lose some. There are other weeks that are so easy you barely lose any resources. I guess this is the opposite scenario.

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

Needing Scroll relics for my MM spells is a daily torture. LOL I guess I need to work on "not needing" to make those. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes I understand troop v troop and their attack, I am commenting on the others who find the scroll/dust to be difficult but not the other ones..As long as you use appropriate counter then your troops should be hot-dogging it when your squad and rank are higher..
All else being equal, that would be correct. All else is not equal. The particular mix of troops in a couple of the tournaments, does not allow for a unit that is reasonably strong against all enemies present. It was probably done at random, but Scrolls and Dust happen to have a troop mix that does not give a simple answer, while most of the other tournaments do. On average, people who autofight Scrolls and Dust are going to lose a lot more than they do in other tournaments. Always.

The Unbeliever

Our FS isn't going for 10 chests on scrolls. This tourney seems to be objectively the toughest. Enemy army composition is difficult to beat w/o taking pretty significant losses, and that's after using 2 boosts. Dust is another one, but scrolls I think is the worst.
Forcing your fellowship to go for 10 chests on the Scrolls tournament is pretty much committing crimes against humanity. ;)

I find Scrolls tourney even less fun than those nightmare'ish Fellowship Misadventures.

Deleted User - 3932582

Forcing your fellowship to go for 10 chests on the Scrolls tournament is pretty much committing crimes against humanity. ;)
I don't get why getting 10 chests seems to be this unattainable goal. Hitting 30K in FA is difficult (and for pretty meh rewards); hitting 10 chests is not (and rewards are pretty good). You only need to hit 1600 points per person on average (for full FS), and 1600 should be relatively easy to do for any reasonably committed player no matter where in chapters he/she is. OK, perhaps FS exclusively made of chapter 1-3 players would have a hard time hitting that ;)

Yes, even for scrolls tournament. It is just somewhat more expensive (in goods) than usual, but it is just one of the 9. You do keep some inventory of goods, right? ;)

Foldedspace

I don't get why getting 10 chests seems to be this unattainable goal. Hitting 30K in FA is difficult (and for pretty meh rewards); hitting 10 chests is not (and rewards are pretty good). You only need to hit 1600 points per person on average (for full FS), and 1600 should be relatively easy to do for any reasonably committed player no matter where in chapters he/she is. OK, perhaps FS exclusively made of chapter 1-3 players would have a hard time hitting that ;)

Yes, even for scrolls tournament. It is just somewhat more expensive (in goods) than usual, but it is just one of the 9. You do keep some inventory of goods, right? ;)

I agree, it's not difficult at all if you have a fs of like-minded members. That's probably the most difficult part - getting a fs together who all are willing to put forth the effort each week.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think 10 chest groups that do mostly catering is probably anomalous.

There shouldn't be any difference between any of the tournaments as far as catering costs, because catering is not based on troop mix, but on value.