• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Increasingly difficult tourneys

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Building on Soggy's post, one of the least fun things that happened to me in early events was having a building I really wanted come up and not having enough event coin to get it. By completing the mainline quests quickly, I get to budget how much I can spend on any given building, rather than hoping I'll have enough to get it when it shows up. And since finishing, I have completely redesigned my city and upgraded almost everything that can be upgraded, in advance of starting the next chapter. I've also spread-sheeted all of my current/past event buildings with the return per square, so I know which ones I want to replace and in what order, as I get the buildings that I most want from the new event. Now I'm going to look at the true costs of my residences, factories, and workshops so i can decide how many of them I might want to get rid of before I start the next chapter. I can also focus on the next three tournaments without the distraction of the event to have to make choices about what to do when. I'm doing very little sitting around.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Does spreading it out to do 2 or 3 extra little quests each day instead make the game thrilling?o_O
Not for me, but whatever blows your hair back:p

It really all depends on which chapter someone is in, or if they are in between chapters, etc. It seems I am always in the middle of a chapter, so I am not ignoring that just to rush through the event stuff.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
where's the thread for players who do not care how others play ?

I care about how others play, otherwise I would not reply to threads asking for help. What I do not care about are the edge cases, the players on the extreme upper end who are a small percentage of the player base. I hate going into a thread and reading the questions and discussions, just to get to those comments by players who basically are saying why are you having this problem or why is it taking you so long or whatever, and then when they tell how they did it, they have (exaggerated) 19 Father Christmas Trees or 50 Wishing Wells or 2000 Portal Profits, or dozens of Magic Residences and Workshops, or whatever they have, that is something so few players could have or can no longer get, etc. And these players treat what they have as the norm instead of the extreme. /rant

DeletedUser20951

I care about how others play, otherwise I would not reply to threads asking for help. What I do not care about are the edge cases, the players on the extreme upper end who are a small percentage of the player base. I hate going into a thread and reading the questions and discussions, just to get to those comments by players who basically are saying why are you having this problem or why is it taking you so long or whatever, and then when they tell how they did it, they have (exaggerated) 19 Father Christmas Trees or 50 Wishing Wells or 2000 Portal Profits, or dozens of Magic Residences and Workshops, or whatever they have, that is something so few players could have or can no longer get, etc. And these players treat what they have as the norm instead of the extreme. /rant
Heh, I just remembered that I have made uncharitable remarks in the past about the "braggarts in the forums", but it's a mild, offhanded sentiment on my part. Nearly everybody enjoys bragging about what they are good at, but it has the result of making people who fall short feel inadequate, which is rarely what is intended unless one is engaged in a wizzing match with another. Why self-deprecating humor is so effective and I make gratuitous use of it, even though I am quite possibly the most arrogant person I've ever known. XD

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
While I'm probably an extreme case for some things since I'm a min/Maxer who actually likes spreadsheets, I do try make sure that my advice is accessable for everyone.
Since i'm a 100% free player everyone should be able to apply my strategies if they wish and achieve the same results.

Oh, I know you are cool about everything. Even when you do fall into one of the edge cases, you do not act like everyone else should be the same way or have gotten the same luck with event buildings as you just because you could do it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Oh, I know you are cool about everything. Even when you do fall into one of the edge cases, you do not act like everyone else should be the same way or have gotten the same luck with event buildings as you just because you could do it.
Heh it wasnt always easy. The 2016 winter event gave such overpowered pop buildings that those who grabbed ~15 of them were playing a different game than those who didnt. IIRC my dwarven winter stars were still better than my orc residences. All of my city designs were useless the next time I brought a city up through chapters 6-8

DeletedUser9216

I'm sure you've all noticed that, for the last couplea months, the tourneys are becoming more and more impossible? I used to be able to whip out 10 provinces most days.....and now, I'm lucky if I can get through 3. I refuse to bankrupt my goods for this "rigged" component!
Oh yes I've noticed, and it is beating me up, drains my resources. I have a stiff budget for Diamonds now, shared with my Mage a possibility of quitting because the game is taxing me and unable to afford keeping up, even with using all resources. Example, purchase Diamonds to get more goods, go back to world fighting to same province, but requirements just jumped up to more diamonds and goods to complete province - NOT FAIR. Goods Gouging!

DeletedUser9216

Happy Birthday Elvenar! ! Thank U for the birthday pony for my fantasy city - cute, and only 2x1 without path connection requirement - Thank U again.

Now.... when are you going to fix this serious expansion limitation. With all the new awarded buildings 3x4 and higher space requirements - there is no room to jockey for my needed goods to keep playing. Due to higher expected requirements for upgrades. Why are builder # requirements so HIGH now, like over 800, 900 and 1000 + builders for upgrades; and Technology Activation Costs are getting outrageously expensive. Elvenar getting that greedy! it is taking the fun out of the games' expectations by stifling allowable growth, so when I finish my 5 remaining expansion plots, do I start over, or maybe start another world city with new ranking points, Is that how it works? I like my fellowship group, their like my private family, guess I'll consort with my Fellowship Sr. Mage as to what to expect. Have a good evening you'all.

DeletedUser

You are in chapter 11 in a top 100 FS and are using non-boosted factories.o_O If you aren't making enough goods to do what you want simply switch to making only planks silk and dust and you will more than double your output.:)

That’s what I do and don’t mind spending anymore. Takes me a couple of days to recover and still fun