• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just wondering why we tolerate cheaters?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

No longer entirely true. By placing higher in the Fellowship Adventures, one player denies another the rewards the second player would have received for getting a higher-place finish.
Technically this is correct, but really, are we talking about differences in FA rank-based rewards? ;) These rewards are so terrible and the differences are so small that it's not even funny. It is also not necessarily true that FA rewards improve with higher placement - I know quite a few people who preferred Black Lotus for seeds to the Monument for small culture/pop.

DeletedUser4194

A reminder of our rules of engagement on the Forum:

2. Be polite and constructive
  • Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite. Aggressive, vulgar and provocative language will not be tolerated.
  • Report aggressive messages to the staff of moderators and never reply publicly to them. Reply to posts always in a civilized and constructive way.
  • Remember that we all have different backgrounds and different opinions. Respect is the key of the game!

DeletedUser8993

This is what normal play with a single account looks like.

JL7316_1.JPG
JL7316_2.JPG

I've been playing for 7 months longer than the individual above, but I haven't even broken 100k AW ranking points yet. That's despite getting 10 chests every tournament, participating in KP donation threads, making sure our Fellowship gets every AW chest before we upgrade, and throwing every spare gold piece at KP, not to mention tournament prizes and Wishing Wells.

EVERY one of his AWs has been maxed at level 30 since July, and he has EVERY AW. I have maybe half of the AWs, and all but one are in the level 13-16 range. That's the difference between having 9 accounts and having only 1 account. Any questions?

Risen Malchiah

And to think Sinya is a relatively newer server compared to mine and most of my AWs are between 11 and 16 after pushing hard in the tourney *every* week since its inception. (Tourney average around 4800)

What does a player with maxed out wonders do with their KP?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Again, I'd ask, how much did they spend on diamonds for KP and for completing tournaments? Because as much as we might all be sure it's cheating, we don't know.

I was in a group in an online game where one of the members spent $82,000 in one year (about $6500/month). The cost of the extra KP for the image you posted at the normal rate is about $121,000. At the best rate, it's about $95,000. I have trouble imagining spending that much money on a game, but there are people who do it.

DeletedUser2870

No longer entirely true. By placing higher in the Fellowship Adventures, one player denies another the rewards the second player would have received for getting a higher-place finish.
Though true, that's up to the individual players and fellowships. You want to end higher, you get to be more active and find a FS that really goes for that.

But that argument can be made in other ways too: me not taking a trade from someone denies him those goods, so perhaps he can't finish his research or finish a quest. However, I cannot be held responsible for that, unless suddenly I have to take all trades from everyone.
Within a FS I could make that same argument. I score 3000 points in a tourney, but perhaps someone of comparable size scores only 500. Yet he gains the same from the chests...oh, how unfair since I put in more effort. Just ignore the fact I got more rewards from doing the extra provinces.

By using that argument we get dangerously close to a political argument that everyone should get the same rewards, no matter how much effort and investment one put into whatever it is.
So let's stop giving out more rewards to the top scorers and just hand out free stuff to everyone. Never mind that would literally kill any game (or real life economy for that matter).
Elvenar has -as I stated before- competitive elements. And rewards for those who care to work on that. Nothing wrong there. But it's only a small part of the game and not the defining feature.
I'm not opposed to a competitive game, nor rewards for higher scores/more effort/better results etc. It's just that for me, and many players with me, it's just not a deciding factor in choosing this game.

DeletedUser2870

Again, I'd ask, how much did they spend on diamonds for KP and for completing tournaments? Because as much as we might all be sure it's cheating, we don't know.

I was in a group in an online game where one of the members spent $82,000 in one year (about $6500/month). The cost of the extra KP for the image you posted at the normal rate is about $121,000. At the best rate, it's about $95,000. I have trouble imagining spending that much money on a game, but there are people who do it.

Exactly my point. It's not my way of playing, but I know someone who spends about $3000,-/month on a single game and he plays 3 different online games that way. Not my cup of tea, but he can afford it and he likes being on top of the ranking lists.

@JL7316
Now that I would agree to be evidence of someone using push accounts. Meaning you can report it. And Inno will very likely choose to ignore it. Then, if you're still riled up about it you can go to court and try to force them to enforce their own rules. Good luck with that btw.
See, how it isn't so hard to show evidence instead of just claims? Makes it easier for others to look at it too.

Now I just have to wonder why the heck you feel you need to watch another person's account for over a year, but then again, everyone needs a hobby I guess. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
What you still don't seem to understand is that you don't speak for everyone.

DANG TOOTIN

That's my job

Explain how you'd get 600,000 AW ranking points in a little over a year

Yikes
Good question
I've been playing three years, have every AW and am only at 85K

See the one below. But basically, throwing money at the game is one way. Using spells to boost production is another. Especially when combined with intensive tourney play. I've known 2 Russians for instance who played competetively to do about 50 provinces each week. 50 provinces a week means 68 kps, +11 kps/province for provinces 9 and up, so 68=(39x11)=497 kps/week from the tourney alone, not counting the KP instants from the chests.

So you're saying crazy people

DeletedUser2870

DANG TOOTIN

That's my job

Yikes
Good question
I've been playing three years, have every AW and am only at 85K

So you're saying crazy people

*grins*
If someone is so obsessed with the game, let him. Same as my friend who spends about $10.000 a MONTH on online games. In every game you will find people who are obsessed like that. In every game you'll find people willing to spend more time and money than you do. The question is whether that is unfair or not. I'd say not. If not for people spending real money, free games would not exist, it's as simple as that. A dev-team has to eat (hmmmmm...come to that, maybe the elvenar Devs should be starved for a while until they start listening to their playerbase and beta-testers...but I digress). Any 'free' game exists because in some manner one pays. Whether it is by endless commercials or by offering paid features.

The screenshots @JL7316 showed would indicate push accounts. However, it does not prove that player did not spend a fortune on buying the KPs for diamonds. And that's where the problem is. I agree it seems suspicious. But unless one has access to the financial records, it could theoretically be a fluke.

Btw, that screenshot of a push-city looks awfully much like some of my testcities I used (and still use at times) to run...well....tests. On how different strategies work. Catering vs fighting. Residences vs pop/culture buildings. On the Spire. On trade-acceptance rates and times. In one case on the yield of Wishing Wells. Tests on all kinds of stuff, because I in some ways am obsessed as well in figuring out some stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

GlamDoll

@mucksterme I hope you read the second part of the message...the part you didn't include in the quote. :)

And here I thought he was giving you a compliment?/Nod/etc. ...then again, It has been brought to my attention, that even the smartest among us, can misread/misunderstand, me.

Of course, it stands to reason, I have NO IDEA, what mucksterme, was truly saying, but if and/or til I hear otherwise....it is how I interpreted it.

I mean, let's get real here. Some people can be like that, and it's cool! Comedians come to mind, at least for myself.

YMMV

:)

DeletedUser16929

Suaceman [sic] does pretty good for a guy that can't spell. There is a player in Winy and one in C-world that out does those accounts. I didn't know we were allowed to post their names and screenshots. It is okay to have 50 push accounts, but write something impolite and they delete that. :rolleyes:
ya, i know.... i have been deleted a coupla times! :D:D:):):p:):):D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.