• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Knowledge Sharing Perk Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Expect a lot of misplaced or totally forgotten-to-use points until there are several levels in this perk. People wanting this perk should push it to level 5 as quickly as possible, since 5 free points per day is a lot easier to fit into the various sharing systems and a lot less likely to not be used in general. My Beta fellowship has this at just level one and I think in the past month, I have actually used that one point three times. lol

hvariidh gwendrot

we get gold on 3 worlds and 11-13 chests on all of the worlds closing in on gold on most and you know all will get there ))).. how fast did you guys get to gold on 3 worlds ?? any way you guys want to slice it ..your fellowships are older and we are doing just as well ) so not that your way doesn't sound like oodles of fun but when everyone is already filling up each others wonders and having fun doing it, we are not going to form the fun Stassi to make sure everyone checks in to make sure they get the daily allotted amount of fun :cool:

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

i mentioned all 8 actually .. as always you conflate and do false analogies to side step the facts lol the thread is "perk stratagies" not how to emotional manipulate members with guilt and resentment towards each other, but keep acting like you are the end all of knowing things and only 1 way to do things lol i personally don't get tired of soggies BS, she is more of an amusement at this point, but i get it you want to be "advanced" trouble is you're no more than the rest of us .. now that's a fact .. also a fact is many more ways to do things that just 1 .. your is all tight and restricted and that seem to work for you have fun with that ,our way is much more relaxed and free style yet there we are doing gold on more worlds than most and the rest will get there as well.. but i'm sure i will be told we don't know what we're doing again as we continue to pass you up even more lol i guess that matters to those concerned about how they appear in rank :cool:

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I have chosen the strategy to tell my members to either use the free kp as they want (e.g. as part of kp threads if they use those), or to pair with someone else (e.g. some NetZero users do this). The most important thing is to spend them daily. This gives no administration, (except a tiny amount with my own partner), and so far no complaints.

Interestingly some of those not using NetZero are using the free kp to claim chests in NetZero user's wonders.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Blah blah blah :cool:
Wrong on almost all counts as usual.
I've never cared about score or ranking, "advanced" in this context simply means goldspire since that's as advanced as a FS can get, so there is no "passing you up" once a FS reaches that level unless you consistently hit 19 chests as well.

Also, please keep in mind that all of this started because of your unfounded brag
" we're as advanced as any of the fellowships out there and done it in less time "

If you don't lie, or act so rude and smug you won't get called out on it.

Inspiration

What my fellowship does is that on the first day of the month, everyone dumps the free points in the #1 ranked member's AW. On the 2nd day of the month, the #2 ranked member. So on and so forth. That takes care of the first 25 days of the month. This is our first month doing this and we are actually still debating what to do in the final days of the month.
I also came up with this idea and thought of appointing the last days to the member # that corresponded with the days that got the least numbers of visits. Problem I'm having is getting players to use them at all! Most are selfishly using them as normal KP to use in Chains and therefore not adding anything to anyone's AW that they weren't before. On top of that is the age old problem that not everyone will use the KP Chains.

Iyapo1

Most are selfishly using them as normal KP to use in Chains and therefore not adding anything to anyone's AW that they weren't before.
?? How is this a selfish thing and how do you figure it is not adding more to the chains?
One of my FS has this perk up at 5. That is 5 extra KP added to the chains for each player that uses the chains. Players are free to pair up if they prefer that to the chains or spend them in whatever manner seems good to them. No fuss, no muss, no extra tracking or unhappiness.

Yogi Dave

Most are selfishly using them as normal KP to use in Chains and therefore not adding anything to anyone's AW that they weren't before.
Actually, I think KP chains is one of the programs that is immune to problems with the KP perk, that is if you create a chain for it. Having a separate chain allows the perk's level to change and continue without having it turn into a 4kp chain, then 5, then 6, then 3, etc.
On top of that is the age old problem that not everyone will use the KP Chains.
The age-old problem is thinking you can or even should get everyone to do it the same way. That's like herding cats only harder. My FS uses net0, but there is no requirement to use it. We mainly ask people to respect AWs that are in the net0 program. That works most of the time. But people are welcome to just say in chat their AW is nearly full with chests open, or use KP chains or do KP swaps or just put their KP wherever they want. It can seem like the mythical Wild, Wild West when chaos reigns.

Yogi Dave

As I said in my initial post, my FS uses a net0 plan, but everyone is allowed to use whatever method they want. Some shout out in chat that their AW is nearing completion with chests avail. Some do KP trades along with that. No one is using a chain, but they could.

We only have 2 criteria for a perk KP plan. 1st it can't require everyone has to follow. That is bound to fail. 2nd the mage team doesn't have to manage it. At the beginning we will help people get going and help with disputes. Then we step back. At least that is the plan.

Here is what I've seen here and what we have tentatively (timidly?) adopted in my FS which I'm sure will evolve. There have been 3 AW programs talked about here (4 if you count the Wild, Wild West ones of no AW program). So, I'll address all but the Wild, Wild West.

KP chains:
This one doesn't have generate any problems. Just create another chain for KP perks which people can use or not. It is self-regulating. Everyone gets to choose the AW they want to receive in and can change that daily. Assuming people will only use this chain once a day, everyone gets what they want. When the perk level is changed, the amount automatically changes too. If a person isn't on that day, they didn't use the chain and the chain doesn't stall. The only loss is to the player who didn't sign on. Also, there probably won't be as many conflicts of 2 people donating at the same time skipping someone and having to resolve that since there aren't people quickly swapping back and forth in the chain.

Balance base AW program:
This actually has no problems that I've determined. The people in the program just put their KP in one of the targets and the administrator of the program proceeds as always with maintaining the balance SS, assigning new targets as always. People outside the program can use whatever methods they have been using.

Net0:
This seems to be the problem child of the programs. @SoggyShorts' explanation for partners in net0 post is the solution for his FS.

Net0 and my FS:
The problem becomes how to protect the AWs that people want to use in net0 from getting KP from people not using it without. This hasn't been a problem before and probably still won't be one. To aid finding a partner or sub-group of members, we've added an in-game message to advertise for a partner. They can then do as they please, such as a group doing a KP rotation between them. There is a basic change in one aspect. That is to set your fav as an AW you don't mind being filled by any and everybody. It becomes fair game. If you want an AW to be used in the program, don't make it a fav. You and your buddy or group of people should only be putting their perk KP (or other KP) in it in such a way that it can smoothly be added to the net0 program when the owner has put 75% of the cost of the AW in it. (We use 75%, other FSs use 50% or other amounts - variations on a theme.) We just started yesterday at level 5 and will see how it goes

Now for the strange part, which may be our fallback plan. Something I never thought I'd say. A chain for perk KP is also a great way to go with net0 as long as people only use their perk KP in it. After you have used your perk KP for the day, you ignore the message until the next day, unless you have a problem with unopened messages sitting there and just have to look. Once or maybe twice a week the chain would get restarted since it begins to take too long for my taste to open messages with over 150 messages. There, I've said it and the sun is still shining and the palm tree out my window is just feeling a gentle breeze.

AtaguS

There, I've said it and the sun is still shining and the palm tree out my window is just feeling a gentle breeze.
This is my I'm-proud-of-Yogi dance :p
R (2).png
R (1).png
R.png

SoggyShorts

@Yogi Dave Have you discussed the upcoming Rune to KP feature? With runes basically having a value of 15 KP the issue of chest rewards increases quite significant;y for many swap systems (we're simply going to value them as 15 KP each and continue to Net0)

hvariidh gwendrot

are we still on this .. ok let's address unfounded .. this fellowship is years younger than these ones that want to call themselves advanced and we are right up there doing the same thing as them and apparently doing it on more worlds .. so more in less time = you are wrong again lol i know you like to move the goal post .. now that we are out doing you on more worlds, which you tried and failed with your fellowship .. so now it's all about how fast hahaha vs we'll be doing gold on a 4-5h world in a couple weeks then what will be your excuse :cool:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I can't even begin to imagine why this is even a subject that would start a fire. There has always been a few different systems that Fellowships prefer or not. I can see the merits of all of them but frankly I sat out of KP trades for quite a while because of bickering. I just got completely over bum arguments about what amounts to zilch in the long run. I do prefer the old fashioned KP swaps just because it doesn't take a book to explain them to newer players. I can see the value of the net zero but it seems to me that there would be jealousy over large cities paired gaining more benefit than small cities. IDK but I've wondered about that. Frankly, I just want to keep it as simple as possible so we have a Perks KP trade swap. Anybody who wants to can benefit from their 5 free KP per day or not. If not, I don't see that as my problem but makes me wonder.

SoggyShorts

now that we are out doing you on more worlds, which you tried and failed with your fellowship
More lies & misinformation.
3 cities, Khel, Winy, and Beta, and all of them are weekly Gold.
2 cities, Sin & Cer with a score of ~2,000 were abandoned in May 2018 long before the spire was invented.

Put another way: 100% of the fellowships I'm in are weekly Gold winners.
Keep on bragging about your mediocrity though, whatever keeps the toaster out of your tub I guess. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

AtaguS

this fellowship is years younger than these ones that want to call themselves advanced and we are right up there doing the same thing as them and apparently doing it on more worlds .. so more in less time
With all the things that have been introduced to this game since it started (time instants, kp instants, evolves, AW tweaks, troop instants, mobile app for the possibility of collecting and playing away from home, spire for goodies and diamonds, etc etc, not to mention the introduction of...more worlds) it is not a lot to boast about.

hvariidh gwendrot

false analogy is not fact lol everything i have said can be verified on elvenstats,com .. your fellowship has failed chapters on all but 2 worlds mine is thriving on all 8 .. we have been at this years less and right up there on with the top scorers so like i said you got your ways we got ours ..which is what the topic of this thread is about lol but the side talk is due to the comments of "we advanced types" and the "do it our way or players will resent each other and feel guilt" etc etc all of which is nonsense .. so if you guys don;t want to be called on your malarkey stop posting malarkey lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.