• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

March of Herds Summer Event :)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah I was hoping it was a mistake and they would have toned it down already, but that doesn't seem to be the case,. I hope they do make it a little easier when it goes live, I feel sorry for the support people if they don't! I think they wanted us to use up all our EE and POP spells that we have been getting from tourneys, (and stop us from just building level one workshops to finish quicker) but they went a little over board IMO!:eek:

Last edited:

DeletedUser3312

That would be good Soggs. Listening is not a highly developed skill possessed by the Developers though... smiles. I'm not sure how much farther I will get. this morning my 20 Advanced Tools was empty. It still shows 172,000 supplies but I will have to do the 20 again. which will happen as I still have to get 87,000 more hammers. but I don't like that part of my task that has been done just disappeared..... One of our FS members posted this morning that the 3rd supply task (#68) is 432,000 hammers to collect.

DeletedUser6372

Eh, there's only one building I see as worth getting for me, the one that produces Valorian Guard. Because I play Elf and I'm not into that chapter yet, so I'm stuck with lousy Treants or Orcs.

Honestly, I'm starting to come to the realization that pop/culture buildings are a huge honkin' trap. For that sort of space, I can generally produce another two or so residences and obtain said amount of population, or better, and I will be shortly needing to get Mana from my Culture, so any non-mana producing culture building is going to have to go away.

If anything, I've discovered that the pop/culture buildings are a crutch which you find will atrophy your residential area, making it nearly impossible to get rid of the dang things, even when they are from several acts ago, because of the population.

So, at least for me, the key is getting as many beets saved up before the Vallorian Valor shows up, then spam the heck out of it as much as I can that day, and finally... walk away from the whole event entirely once I have as many as I can get. Because there's literally nothing else in the event that is remotely worth the resource investment required.

DeletedUser3312

Thanks so much! Looked them over and calculated value per space. lol I spent 500 beets trying to get the flower cage as it gives the most value per space and can fit in anywhere but I got a ton of relics and 5 KP and one rune and I won my 50 beets several times. but sadly no flower cage. will try again in a couple of hours with the rest of my beets.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4522

I'm not showing the Event "badge" that shows the amount of sugar beets I have, and the daily prizes. I AM showing the questlines for the event. Anyone else?

DeletedUser3312

I'm not showing the Event "badge" that shows the amount of sugar beets I have, and the daily prizes. I AM showing the questlines for the event. Anyone else?

I had to go out of the game, close it, and go back in. then they were there. but the sugar beets are not showing on the ground. yet. Not sure when that will start.

DeletedUser6401

I had to go out of the game, close it, and go back in. then they were there. but the sugar beets are not showing on the ground. yet. Not sure when that will start.
My sugar beets aren't showing up around my cities yet either....

DeletedUser3468

Not impressed with having to throw 500 goods into a black hole for a few sugar beets and coins. This is in my newest city and it's not amusing when I only have 600 steel to have to throw 500 of them away just to advance. This is why I'm not bothering with this in my larger cities where I don't have room for the buildings anyway! (and, yes, I'm sure that higher level players are being required to throw much larger amounts of goods away... I know it was more than 500 in my 5th city!) This doesn't make it feel challenging, just pointless!

DeletedUser9276

Not impressed with having to throw 500 goods into a black hole for a few sugar beets and coins. This is in my newest city and it's not amusing when I only have 600 steel to have to throw 500 of them away just to advance. This is why I'm not bothering with this in my larger cities where I don't have room for the buildings anyway! (and, yes, I'm sure that higher level players are being required to throw much larger amounts of goods away... I know it was more than 500 in my 5th city!) This doesn't make it feel challenging, just pointless!

Actually sorta want to agree.

I basically had to toss 300 of T1 goods that I needed(I just hit chapter 2 recently, need to upgrade my marble factory which takes 210 marble and 135 planks, pretty costly)

I've just decided to focus on my progression and ignore the event, it's really not worth some very small culture buildings, the only thing I'd want is the "grand prize" but that's kinda unreasonable at my state currently.

Maybe almost maxed people like the event? I can't see as anything enjoyable IMO.

DeletedUser3468

I'm at the point of Elvenar burnout and this event, especially with the whole tossing goods that I could put to better use away for a few sugar beets is the last straw. Seriously considering putting 4 of my 6 cities on hiatus... taking a break from the game for a bit, especially now with this event going. I'll leave it up to my Fellowships if they want to leave me in or dump me. There are a couple of them where I'm at the point that I really don't care. Sadly, in the other 2 cities, I love my Fellowship and neighbors and it will be hard to let go, even if just for a short time... say, until this event is over! :oops:

DeletedUser9276

I'm at the point of Elvenar burnout and this event, especially with the whole tossing goods that I could put to better use away for a few sugar beets is the last straw. Seriously considering putting 4 of my 6 cities on hiatus... taking a break from the game for a bit, especially now with this event going. I'll leave it up to my Fellowships if they want to leave me in or dump me. There are a couple of them where I'm at the point that I really don't care. Sadly, in the other 2 cities, I love my Fellowship and neighbors and it will be hard to let go, even if just for a short time... say, until this event is over! :oops:

I've been playing a week and feel like I need a week off(lol). I enjoy the building of the game, but I really don't feel a sense of accomplishment. I completed chapter 1, and the only thing that came to mind is "Holy cow, I wonder how long this ones gonna take me" and there's nothing to make a player to want to stay online, most people just log in, upgrade, gather, log off. I enjoy talking to people, and I can't talk to anyone in game other than my fellowship, which they're busy folks, so yea.

I just wish it was more interactive, this event did nothing but show me nice daily/grand prize rewards that I'll have to sacrifice the next month of progress to get, I was excited because I thought it was something similar to tournaments, where you could work together to get beets.

I hate being negative, but instead of the event making me want to play, Its doing the opposite, I had around 6 hours after I got on to get the daily reward(not sure what happened, I was up 1 in the morning to get a head start because I was going to be busy, but the event never went up.) but I come to wake up at 8, seeing the event first daily reward only had 6 hours left.

Idk, my two cents, for some reason this event made me upset, sorry if anyone read this and thought lower of me.

:(:confused:;):)

DeletedUser3312

Completely agree. I am about done. It is not fun in the least. very frustrating to have to work so hard for such little gain and the constant throwing away of goods and coins is stupid in my opinion. I will not finish this event, have no interest in finishing it the cost is much to high for the "prize" Not sure what Inno was thinking, but I hope for future events, they get a little bit more practical regarding the tasks. I don't mind in the least not being able to utilize a bunch of level 1 factories to complete quests while my main factories are producing what I need to keep my city running. I greatly mind that mind numbing amounts of stuff we have to produce for each task to complete it. I am seriously disappointed as I looked forward to the events a great deal. Now it's just a picture on my screen that I will ignore. The clincher for me is #55. Throw away.. erm. I mean "pay" 5,453,000 coins. That is just stupid.