• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

BrinDarby

50 chests in a row..... 0 dailies, not even the 25% CHESTS...
Not in AirTraders, Pilgrimage, Zodiac have I ever opened more than 10 chests to
earn a daily prize..... usually it was 3-6 tries......

I Only moved up a chapter to get new bldgs, and unlike every other event...
I can't get crap.... (5) 420 pkgs ( 1/2 my event currency ++ ) - 0 dailies ...
this is just WRONG, and so NOT FUN....

on the mini map, you should have 3 choices per tile....
Nothing there (1) , a Cat (2) , a Reward (3) ...... then
When you open a reward tile you get a choice of 3 chests..... so the player has
some control over what they are trying to win........ instants, bldgs, ect ect......

GrandPrize progress is all in the cats, so you cannot structure chests like before
with 1-5 pts toword GP prize, but players MUST have some control over what they
are going for, and almost NOONE is gonna pass up a chest on the mini map
that runs counter-intuitive to most ppl, as with me ...

INNO, please never repeat this HORRIBLE event, or dang-it... chg how chests are
offered so players have some control over thier destiny......

this is BS, no fun, and really does just piss most players off ..... there needs to be a MAX
# of chests opened before a daily prize is just awarded, period !!!!!!

Aritra

[...] players MUST have some control over what they
that runs counter-intuitive to most ppl, as with me ...
While I object to the percent chance of receiving dailies within [chests] being so ridiculously low, I just wanted to point out that it is completely optional to uncover [chests] (unless they are part of a multi-reveal such as lantern or flask, in which case it's kind of bonus when that wasn't the intent). And I do pass up the [chests], mostly because the chance of dailies is so low, therefore lights better spent elsewhere. I have been developing a bit of a reputation of doing things differently than the norm, however, do believe I'm not alone in this practice.

BrinDarby

there is also the fact that tasks like Buy 20kp, or 1 research need a optional component...
there are players that can't do 1 more research... so what , they just get stuck on last 71 and
can't get to the ferris wheel, comon Inno...... this is stupid, forcing ppl to wreck thier acct
just to complete 1 freak'n task, it so BS.......... or those who have no research to do.

Deleted User - 4684565

I agree ! You should be able decide you're on destiny
And it true just like the Misty Forest
Here's the thing and don't get me wrong, most of the well-known players are very helpful but some of the well-known players and admins I
think don't understand where some of us players are coming from especially new players and some that have been playing for a while now
The game can sometimes be confusing and here's just one example Misty Forest " yeah sure he's complaining about Misty Forest again "
Oh well ! Elvenar and Inno gaming you really need to listen what people have to say Y'all Aren't Really Listening These Events are crazy, Level 3 or levels 1and 2 just can't do what higher levels do unless you spend real money buy who's got that kind of money just to throw around ? I know I don't
You say it makes it more challenging I say No it don't it makes more frustrating and confusing I have 5 cities all are in different realms , when it time to do neighborly visits I look from time to time at cities and I seen a lot of cities abandoned and left the players just quit and leave that sad and shouldn't be but sad to say it does I think part of the problem is that some fellowships just don't care , not all of them but some they are after numbers or if you don't do it their way they kick you out not right or some of them just plain don't care ! And that's why I have decided who ever joins my fellowships I'm going to do my best to help them

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
here is also the fact that tasks like Buy 20kp, or 1 research need a optional component...
there are players that can't do 1 more research... so what , they just get stuck on last 71 and
can't get to the ferris wheel, comon Inno...... this is stupid, forcing ppl to wreck thier acct
just to complete 1 freak'n task, it so BS.......... or those who have no research to do.
#71 "Research a Technology or Collect 25 Vision Vapor" Like this?;)

SoggyShorts

GrandPrize progress is all in the cats, so you cannot structure chests like before
with 1-5 pts toword GP prize, but players MUST have some control over what they
that runs counter-intuitive to most ppl, as with me
When discussing this event on Beta and with FS members on Live, a majority of players I spoke with were in fact skipping chests so as to save lights for maximum cats because the GP is so awesome and the chests so .... not.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Here is a system for daily prizes I would like to see Inno try, though they probably won't because of the coding.

Make every daily prize a flat 5% chance to win, and then for every one you open and do not win the daily prize, add 5% to the next one you open. And once you hit a daily prize, it resets to 5% again. Then even someone with the most horrible luck will still be guaranteed one every 20 tries. But because that would mess with the percent chances of all the other items in the objects, I am not sure how they would code that.

Dopeykr

Wednesday 9:45 P.M. I showed that 1 more Grand Prize was remaining. Before Thursday 12:00 A.M I had collected the last Grand Prize ( an Artifact). A notice appeared saying I had no more Grand Prizes available, so I went to bed. Next morning before I logged into the game the 1.116 Update was available so I updated my game. Didn't check the Event screen until the Daily Prize changed. After checking the Event Screen it showed the Grand Prizes rotation starting again.

BrinDarby

@Enevhar Aldarion ,
I mentioned something like that with a cap @ 10 tries, and actually the coding is the easy part.
You don't adjust the %, you just run a counter... if the counter is 10, you get the daily prize.
No matter when you hit a daily prize, the counter resets automatically.
The flip side of this are people taking chests with the worst luck for a daily prize, knowing that
a cap exsists in the 1st place.

One good way to prevent this is.... in the current mini-map, a reward tile is used just like the cats tile.
You then give the player a choice..... increase % of daily and no chest, OR pick from 3 randomized chests.
You cap the % increase @ 4 + current.... so for example other events had chests that gave GP progress
points from 1-5. 5 being the ones with a high daily prize % and 1 being the lowest. In this case, by choosing
to increase %, is like going from 1 -> 2 in GP progress pts for that next chest. This works out to 5 being the
maximum ( 4 + current(1)). You then offer a choice of 3 chests with different goals in mind but the more
times you skip a reward up to that 4+1, the better the stuff you can win will be and the better your chance
of a daily prize.

In past events usually there are ~3 chests that make sense to open, depending on your GP strategy.
When you open the same chest more times in a row, the better you get a more accurate distribution of
listed prizes... even if you concentrate on 3 not just 1, because you keep picking 1 of those 3 every time.
The current event you're opening more types of chests and less of each one, contributing to the chance
of what happened to me..... 52 chests in a row till I won a daily prize...

@least be fair to players, if the lowest % chance to earn a daily prize is 5%, then realistically cap the # of
tries before a daily prize is won, @ 100% ( or 20 tries in this example ), reset that cap @ any point where
a player does earn a daily prize..... and (KISS) just use a simple counter variable.

@SoggyShorts ,
If I transcribed the task list incorrectly , my bad... I will go check after doing the forum thing.....
and some dailies are pretty decent for smaller CH players.... GP is so/so....

2nd edit : Just checked Soggy, and I am correct task is ...... collect 12 relics AND 1 research.... @ ElvenGems.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts ,
If I transcribed the task list incorrectly , my bad... I will go check after doing the forum thing.....
and some dailies are pretty decent for smaller CH players.... GP is so/so....

2nd edit : Just checked Soggy, and I am correct task is ...... collect 12 relics AND 1 research.... @ ElvenGems.
Nope, you're still wrong. To be fair Elvengems is wrong too, but the fact is that the quest has an "OR collect 25 vision Vapor" option.
www.tinyurl.com/misty2020

Here:
alt quest.png

Last edited:

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
This event is terrible. I can't figure out what the heck light source option is the best to buy to advance + get cats. What an utter headache.

420 pack of lights, don't try and clear the whole map, instead continuously move forward three columns with candle, insert lantern up middle of three columns. use flasks to bomb forward when there is an obstacle or maximize advancing. Do not try to uncover missed squares, remember that more cats lay ahead and you will uncover more, using less light with a progressive technique than a "discover all' technique. There is no FOMO, because the misty forest is unlimited. I hope this helps :)

nothingpants

420 pack of lights, don't try and clear the whole map, instead continuously move forward three columns with candle, insert lantern up middle of three columns. use flasks to bomb forward when there is an obstacle or maximize advancing. Do not try to uncover missed squares, remember that more cats lay ahead and you will uncover more, using less light with a progressive technique than a "discover all' technique. There is no FOMO, because the misty forest is unlimited. I hope this helps :)
Thanks, that confirms what I was thinking. Looking at a brand new system that's very different from anything I've seen, with no real tutorial or explanation in-game, was pretty intimidating and frustrating.

Having done a bunch of clearing, it feels like I have much less control than any event in the past, even when compared to the "find the hidden pairs" type. Maybe that's not true but it's how it feels, and especially if I cared about the daily prizes with no chest control it would be very bad.

Also going for cats and ignoring chests takes away a lot of the fun of it - I'm getting to open almost any "presents" as it were. Maybe that's what the event is designed for though, to make the fun stuff distract & prevent you from getting the valuable stuff? Doesn't strike me as a very player friendly design.

Hextapul IX

So you, and others who think the same, would rather be a leech on all of us who have spent money on the game?
As one of the so-called ‘leeches’, l have to laugh...

First of all, l really don’t care what you may think of me and others like me. You are just a person who l will never meet anyhow. You may be a decent person, but giving Inno my money just to make a complete stranger like me really isn’t a priority for me.

Inno makes the game free to play. There is no contract that l have to sign or no credit card to plug into Inno‘s bank account so they can take my cash. Inno is not holding a gun to my head, or chasing me with lawyers forcing me to pay them.

That’s why it is called Freemium. It’s in the fine print. No actually it is clearly posted when you download the app. Free to play. No strings attached.

Inno wants me to give them money, and is trying to entice me to do so through their game mechanics, but why should l do that? But l am smarter, as well as more patient than that. Because the reward for giving them cash is mainly to save me time or give me more space so l can put more pretty trinkets into my city.

If Inno wanted my money so bad, they should charge me. Or cut my account.

Second, eventually, you will walk away from this game (and you will), either from boredom, or because another shiny new game that catches you eye is released or most likely...because you will have gotten fed up with the direction the developers have taken with the game. Walking away, having dropped a massive amount of coin on it.

Money that cannot ever be recovered.

l will laugh again. And again, and again, and again...

Aritra

Maybe that's what the event is designed for though, to make the fun stuff distract & prevent you from getting the valuable stuff?
Except its not valuable stuff. Some dailies are better than others, which I think is someone normal, but chances seem most common around 5%, which is ridiculously low (and I thought percent chances were low before). Insult is added to injury by having the alternative prizes things at such a low value/quantity). I don't feel like I'm sacrificing anything by not uncovering them on purpose. Really quite unfortunate.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

I like the CONCEPT. But that's about it.
- The amount of clicking needed is horrible.
- The selection between candle, lantern and flashbomb is annoying, and if one has a bit of a lag for whatever reason, you may end using precious lanterns and flashbombs on tiles you don't want to.

Then the use of the items. Good grief.
Why oh why make things so complicated again? you have the currency, then need to 'buy' packages or single items to use on the map in order to use them. I do like the idea of the preset packages, but then they should come at some kind of discount, and as long as you have the 'currency' there should be a set price on the items so one can use them without having to buy them. So either 'buy' packages up front, which should require slightly less currency, or straight out use the items and deduct the cost for each single one from your collected currency.

And as usual, I have my personal issue again with the randomness. Elvenar really does seem to have me on some kind of blacklist as I ALWAYS score horribly low on random stuff in the events. I finished all the regular quests, got myself a stash outpost, used almost 7000 currency and just managed to get 7 artifacts. Lots of crap on the map, but I hardly see any cats, which needless to say is incredibly annoying.

Last edited by a moderator: