• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have to say that the current daily prize of a mighty 10 KP ancient knowledge instant is one of the most stout offerings I have seen in quite some time. I am going to go right out and use every bit of event currency I have accumulated so far in order to win it. Keep up the good work Inno!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Walking away, having dropped a massive amount of coin on it.

Money that cannot ever be recovered.
Unlike all those other forms of entertainment, like movies vs daydreaming? Or attending sporting events or concerts or plays vs participating in one, travel instead of viewing free pictures of places, internet charges for "free" games and social media.

Entertainment is about experiences, memories, interactions with other people, and changing what your brain is focused on to improve your happiness. If you go through life looking at entertainment as a waste of money, you are probably not looking at life the same as some other people.

edit: removed extraneous "Feedback" that must have been leftover from another intended post in the past)

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

Feedback
Unlike all those other forms of entertainment, like movies vs daydreaming? Or attending sporting events or concerts or plays vs participating in one, travel instead of viewing free pictures of places, internet charges for "free" games and social media.

Entertainment is about experiences, memories, interactions with other people, and changing what your brain is focused on to improve your happiness. If you go through life looking at entertainment as a waste of money, you are probably not looking at life the same as some other people.
I usually don't mind paying for entertainment, nor for online games.
However, there is something as return on investment. If the return -in this case the pleasure/enjoyment- is nowhere near the expectations one has considering the price that is a problem.
If I book a trip and have bad weather that spoils a lot, so be it, that's bad luck. If I book a trip but the hotel itself is horrible and neither the hotel nor the travelagency are willing to do something about it, that's something different.

I tend to have (extremely) bad luck with every bloody event on Elvenar. I've come to expect that, so I don't even bother going for daily prizes anymore, just focus on getting the the grand prize if I deem worth it. But now I spent over 7000 magic ingredients and barely made it to 7 artifacts, with all the regular quests already done...not exactly encouraging. So I understand @Hextapul IX 's frustration very well.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I usually don't mind paying for entertainment, nor for online games.
However, there is something as return on investment. If the return -in this case the pleasure/enjoyment- is nowhere near the expectations one has considering the price that is a problem.
If I book a trip and have bad weather that spoils a lot, so be it, that's bad luck. If I book a trip but the hotel itself is horrible and neither the hotel nor the travelagency are willing to do something about it, that's something different.
Your complaint has little connection to the post I replied to, which belittles people who spend money on the game, but to loop-in your point, no one is required to spend money. We each get to decide what we expect in return for what we spend. I never spend money on concerts, my best friend does all the time, even driving hundreds of miles and sometimes flying thousands to attend them. @Hextapul IX indicated that other people will walk away from the game fed up over having wasted money. I (and I think the majority) spend entertainment money based on our ability and today. I think the assertion that "we" will have wasted that money when we stop playing is at odds with typical players. I spent much more on a previous game I played (probably more ten times as much), and have never once felt like I wasted it. I could drop a couple of hundred a month on this and not miss it for a second. The claim that I (or any other person in particular) will be bitter about it when we leave is empty

Hextapul IX

Feedback

How other players or people want to spend their money matters little to me. Your money, your choice...

I have said it multiple times before...if you CHOOSE to spend money on a Freemium game when you can get the same experience for free, do not be surprised that there is a high probability that you will ultimately end up disappointed, especially when these games are designed to extract cash from you, and developers are first and foremost going to make that their first priority. Because it is ultimately about the money for a business.

l play Elvenar because l can succeed in what l want to accomplish in this game without having to spend a dime. l have mentioned before that this is the case for any player of this game. It just requires patience and a measure of self control. There are a lot of games out there where you cannot do that, so l choose not to play them.

I can also gripe about Event game mechanics, but l do not have to get all bent out of shape about event mechanics simply because l have not spent any money on it. That makes a difference in attitudes.

lf the game no longer piques my interest, l walk away with no regrets or bitterness. l just move onto something else. There are more than enough options out there, last l checked.

The key here is lnno chose to make the game free, thus giving every player the choice to either pay or not. If l was stealing a paid game to pay for free, then l should be called a leech, thief or something even more profane. But that is not the case here so when a person labels us as leeches, that is insulting.

l would hope for an apology from the person in question to those involved but l will not hold my breath...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
But now I spent over 7000 magic ingredients and barely made it to 7 artifacts, with all the regular quests already done...not exactly encouraging.

How have you gotten 7000 ingredients so far? I am up to date on the quests and have only bought 11 of the 420 packages. With the few extra ingredients I have, that makes about 4700 total for me.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
l would hope for an apology from the person in question to those involved but l will not hold my breath...
I wouldn't either, if I were you. The game is only free because other people are paying for it. It isn't a charity. Pretending that you aren't deriving pleasure off the spending of other people doesn't change that.

There aren't enough spenders to keep the game interesting without free players, and the game won't exist if there aren't spenders. If some players are insulted by being called a leach, I'm sure there are others who are offended by being called whales. Freemium is a symbiotic system.

Hextapul IX

l have shelled out enough money for computer games. I actually was extended an invitation to beta test Soren Johnson’s Old World game recently, but turned it down because l did not have the time to devote to it, even though it would have netted me a free copy of the game. It would be easy to get a legal copy that way, but ethically? I couldn’t justify it.

Point being...It is all part of Inno’s business model to offer the game to play for free. So we as players do have to understand that symbiotic aspect, and that model allows players to legally and ethically play it.

shimmerfly

It's just not nessecary to call people names though.
Guess I'm old fashioned in that way.

This event is the first I have not been eager to collect and use the event drops. I did get the new Windmill of Evil which did make me happy.
When I started the game I felt like a kid again. Excited to play! Now...nothing to get excited about.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
did get the new Windmill of Evil which did make me happy.
I'm pleased it makes you happy. Personally, I'm tired of finding it as a mystic object
1604166018115.png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
l have shelled out enough money for computer games. I actually was extended an invitation to beta test Soren Johnson’s Old World game recently, but turned it down because l did not have the time to devote to it, even though it would have netted me a free copy of the game. It would be easy to get a legal copy that way, but ethically? I couldn’t justify it.

Point being...It is all part of Inno’s business model to offer the game to play for free. So we as players do have to understand that symbiotic aspect, and that model allows players to legally and ethically play it.
You've shelled out money for computer games that you no longer play? Should I laugh and laugh and laugh that you "wasted" your money? No, I wouldn't do that. Your games, your money, your enjoyment, your business, not mine. I think more than one person owes an apology in this thread.

DeletedUser2870

How have you gotten 7000 ingredients so far? I am up to date on the quests and have only bought 11 of the 420 packages. With the few extra ingredients I have, that makes about 4700 total for me.

Looked at the different stages of the building and decided I wanted to go for it.
1 - Concentrated on doing all quests asap,
2 - got the stash outpost and pretty much harvesting every 2 hours to make the most of that upped the number quite a bit.
3 - made use of the offer at the start to get extra ingredients, because like I said, I KNOW I am consistently extremely unlucky in all events in getting daily prizes or getting extra currency/feathers/ingredients/keys/whatever if they are offered in chests and I wanted to make sure I'd get 9 evolutions.

And as I said before, I do not mind paying for online games. What I do mind is Innogames consistently screwing me over and over, which is why I've taken breaks from this game before.
Same as the way I felt when they screwed me out of 5 blueprints when chapter 17 started.

So yes I do understand him, because I know I'm not the only one being frustrated.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Looked at the different stages of the building and decided I wanted to go for it.
1 - Concentrated on doing all quests asap,
2 - got the stash outpost and pretty much harvesting every 2 hours to make the most of that upped the number quite a bit.
3 - made use of the offer at the start to get extra ingredients, because like I said, I KNOW I am consistently extremely unlucky in all events in getting daily prizes or getting extra currency/feathers/ingredients/keys/whatever if they are offered in chests and I wanted to make sure I'd get 9 evolutions.

And as I said before, I do not mind paying for online games. What I do mind is Innogames consistently screwing me over and over, which is why I've taken breaks from this game before.
Same as the way I felt when they screwed me out of 5 blueprints when chapter 17 started.

So yes I do understand him, because I know I'm not the only one being frustrated.

Oh, I understand all of that. When I have spent on an event, I have waited til the special, final day offer pops up. But I have never bought the outpost. I have probably averaged spending $20 per year for four years of playing, or the price of a decent indie game each year. Something I consider to be a fair amount that someone might pay for a game they enjoy playing.

StinkMan

this is the worst event setup EVER. i spend enough time completing these tasks and adjusting my play style to do so, and now i have to spend HOURS to redeem my ingredients for prizes that keep getting worse and worse? i almost said forget it, and i'm just about there. KEEP IT SIMPLE PLEASE!!!! :mad:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It's just not nessecary to call people names though.
Guess I'm old fashioned in that way.

This event is the first I have not been eager to collect and use the event drops. I did get the new Windmill of Evil which did make me happy.
When I started the game I felt like a kid again. Excited to play! Now...nothing to get excited about.
If you are looking for a culture/population combo building, there are 2 coming up in the event which are better than Windmill of Evil. Dr. Freakenspleen on day 16 and Headless Halloween on day 18. Both of them provide more population and culture on a space for space basis than Windmill does.

DeletedUser7738

opinions are fine as long as they are not directed at anyone personally or taken personally. Besides, an informed person knows when their knowledge has run it's course, an uninformed person does not.

I have reported my issue to support & got a TY form response. In another thread I attached a pic of my usual misty world, I have found very few objects or cats & now finished with the std event list of quests & just hoping to get a couple more witch's hats to make the event evolving bldg worthwhile. For me, this is the worst ROI event in the 3 years I've been playing Elvenar.

Hextapul IX

You've shelled out money for computer games that you no longer play? Should I laugh and laugh and laugh that you "wasted" your money? No, I wouldn't do that. Your games, your money, your enjoyment, your business, not mine. I think more than one person owes an apology in this thread.
Here is the distinction....all of those games REQUIRED that l pay in order to play. This game does not. And you can succeed in this game without paying. So if you want to pay for something that you do not have to pay for, l guess l can laugh about that....more so because you have spent hundreds of dollars (and face it, these games are populated with players who drop hundreds and even thousands of dollars all the time on mobile app games) on a bit of software that a company is giving away for free. And l get the same exact benefit for zero cash.

So if l called anyone stupid, l do apologize.