• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

Aritra

Let me know, it's likely we'll still have an open slot then, and we don't care if you just come in for the FA.
You can still be(rightfully) disappointed with inno and hope they'll change without cheating yourself out of a couple of artifacts.
Thanks for the offer. I'll consider.
If yes, what kind of timeline am I looking at?
[I think I need to be accepted by start of FA but I'm not sure when that is. And I'll need to disband Kitras to do so; How far in advance does this need to be done? (I remember something about a hold period between leaving and joining but I can't recall the circumstances at the moment)]

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There's no hold period between leaving and joining. What you can't do is join two fellowships in less than 24 hours.

Aritra

There's no hold period between leaving and joining. What you can't do is join two fellowships in less than 24 hours.
Thanks. Does Kitras need to be disbanded a certain amount of time ahead, or just simply before joining?
(whether I do this now or not, this is good info.... maybe should have just DM'd, oh well, it'll be over quick ;))

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You shouldn't need any delay, with the proviso that they can't invite you to the new FS while you are in one.

Dissolving a day or two ahead is a zero-cost insurance if you do it between Tournaments. The FA will likely start at least a few days after the event ends, so just dissolve after the last day of the tournament next week.

Dividius

I am encouraged by a lot of the discussions which support my premise that this Event actually has the result of discouraging players instead of encouraging them. My FS chat is full of comments like, "I hate this fog." In other Events the comments are usually, "How is everyone doing?" or I just got 3 ??? buildings!" This Event feels like it is designed to cause players to not be able to fully upgrade the building and have to pay to do so or rely on the FA. Some people don't like the pressure to spend money to help with the game. I actually take the other view. I believe in supporting a game which gives me so much enjoyment. I just don't like to feel pressured into it. I love the 100% more diamonds sales. I decide how much I want to spend, how to use them, etc. I hope Elvenar generates adequate income; I just don't think this Event is the way to do it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am encouraged by a lot of the discussions which support my premise that this Event actually has the result of discouraging players instead of encouraging them.
I, on the other hand, am disheartened by this. For years players have asked for events to be a little more interesting and yet it's mostly complaints with Inno's second real attempt at implementing something more engaging than mindlessly clicking on chests until we run out of currency.

On Beta, I got 10 Artifacts and a second Witch hut along with over a dozen daily buildings most of which I got by accident. I have to wonder how many of these players with bad results are due to inexperience/ not understanding how to use the lights effectively.
The problem then becomes how can they make it more rewarding for players who are bad at the game without making it too rewarding for those who play it well?

Hopefully, the negative posts aren't reflective of the majority and it's just that those with the worst results are the loudest.
*Note: I know that some of you are playing the game very efficiently, but still have bad results due to luck, but that happens to someone every event.
**Note2: Maybe our Beta accounts were extremely lucky, that's also possible. I haven't used any lights yet on the Live accounts.

Last edited:

Kekune

In my fellowship, it's the opposite. Most who have commented find this format extremely engaging. People are joking in chat about getting their "fog fix" for the day. The only complaint I've heard about the style is that dailies seem somewhat scarce compared to past events, and minor issues with the mechanics of placing lights on pc vs. mobile. Most people are saying they'll get a full level 10 building, or very close to it.

I hope Inno keeps some variety in events. Different strokes for different folks.

Lyndis

I am VERY disappointed with this event. I haven’t gotten any Daily items since the first day. I’ve uncovered many lost items but never get the Daily...even with lost items that have a high percentage to get said daily. In past events I usually end up with lots of the Daily items and I was fine with that. But this new format is impossible and I’m very unhappy. I hope future events return to previous formats. We at least then had a fighting chance at getting the event prizes.

Lyndis

I, on the other hand, am disheartened by this. For years players have asked for events to be a little more interesting and yet it's mostly complaints with Inno's second real attempt at implementing something more engaging than mindlessly clicking on chests until we run out of currency.

On Beta, I got 10 Artifacts and a second Witch hut along with over a dozen daily buildings most of which I got by accident. I have to wonder how many of these players with bad results are due to inexperience/ not understanding how to use the lights effectively.
The problem then becomes how can they make it more rewarding for players who are bad at the game without making it too rewarding for those who play it well?

Hopefully, the negative posts aren't reflective of the majority and it's just that those with the worst results are the loudest.
*Note: I know that some of you are playing the game very efficiently, but still have bad results due to luck, but that happens to someone every event.
**Note2: Maybe our Beta accounts were extremely lucky, that's also possible. I haven't used any lights yet on the Live accounts.
Everyone I’ve talked to don’t like this new fog format because no one is able to get the daily event items. What’s the point of the event if we can’t get the cool buildings, etc.

Aritra

It's too bad that they can't (or can they?) have a way of having two different questlines, one for cities in higher chapters and one for lower chapters (triggered by the chapter of city at beginning of quest) so that the fulfillment requirements are more attainable for the lower chapters and still challenging to higher chapters. If this were possible, I think it would satisfy some of the complaint, and the format would take getting used to (dailies still need higher percent chance of acquisition, though).

Aritra

Everyone I’ve talked to don’t like this new fog format because no one is able to get the daily event items. What’s the point of the event if we can’t get the cool buildings, etc.
Thing is, the fog issue is separate from the dailies attainment, other than the unknown location, semi-randomness of it. Issue with dailies, in my opinion, is the percentage chance is far too low. It is one of the top reasons to participate in the event and far too easy to walk away with nearly nothing.

Iyapo1

It's too bad that they can't (or can they?) have a way of having two different questlines, one for cities in higher chapters and one for lower chapters (triggered by the chapter of city at beginning of quest) so that the fulfillment requirements are more attainable for the lower chapters and still challenging to higher chapters. If this were possible, I think it would satisfy some of the complaint, and the format would take getting used to (dailies still need higher percent chance of acquisition, though).
I have 3 cities. Two in chapter 3 and 1 in chapter 5. All of the quest were attainable. Some were far more unpleasant than others. But my scout times are to die for!

I just cant see them putting forth that kind of effort for chapter 1 or 2 players. They dont stay in those chapters long enough.

Also, I am not sure if it is true but it seems to me that chapter 1-2 cities have uncommonly good luck with dailies.

DeletedUser23895

The last two days, while trying to fulfill Misty Forest quests, I have been met with messages that tell me my access to the next quest has not "unlocked" and gives me a time in the future that it will do so. The last quest message put me out of play for nearly two hours - waiting for the next quest to load - and the feed is telling me the one following won't be available until tomorrow. Am I to understand that you just don't want players to finish early, or is there another reason for slowing play? If my success at fulfilling quests, and my ability to upgrade my Witches Hut, is to be penalized because I finish too quickly, I'm not sure that future quests are for me. This isn't the way Elvenar should be treating loyal players...

Aritra

The last two days, while trying to fulfill Misty Forest quests, I have been met with messages that tell me my access to the next quest has not "unlocked" and gives me a time in the future that it will do so. The last quest message put me out of play for nearly two hours - waiting for the next quest to load - and the feed is telling me the one following won't be available until tomorrow. Am I to understand that you just don't want players to finish early, or is there another reason for slowing play? If my success at fulfilling quests, and my ability to upgrade my Witches Hut, is to be penalized because I finish too quickly, I'm not sure that future quests are for me. This isn't the way Elvenar should be treating loyal players...
Just wanted assure you that this is normal.
I'll leave the explanation to the more experienced players around here.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If my success at fulfilling quests, and my ability to upgrade my Witches Hut, is to be penalized because I finish too quickly, I'm not sure that future quests are for me. This isn't the way Elvenar should be treating loyal players...
You have finished the entire fixed quest cycle and are caught up with the quests which become available once per day. There will be one more quest each day at the same time, until the event is finished. Everyone has the exact same number of quests available (75), no matter how fast they work. Some have been getting one a day for the last three weeks, others won't get through the whole list. There is no penalty for going too fast.

DeletedUser21641

I do not enjoy this event either. It is not that complicated but I seem seldom to get any buildings or goodies. it is appearing to be a complete wate of time and not profitable .

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I personally think that there are more solo players out there than we are aware of. I know of at least 3 of them that are active in the area around me that I have discovered in my larger city. (I had at one point tried to recruit all of them and everyone of them kindly turned me down). We visit each other and trade with each other. I fully agree that someone shouldn't feel like they're being forced into participating in something they don't want to in order to gain all the requirements for a prize that I feel anyone who completes all of the quests should be able to obtain.
I know of two very active (further along than I am) who play solo and have politely turned me down twice ... each 6 months apart so I don't become annoying. They have never missed a single day of gifting me, but without any fellowship even of one.

Actually only one is further along than I am, but they both gift daily.