• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I was terrible at collecting from around my city on Beta, managed to get maybe 6 per day, and still got 10 Evolutions and a second witch hut.
To be fair, I have had experience with this style of event from other games, so I knew how to play it from the start.
I think you must have had experience plus luck. I'm glad for you, but unhappy for those who do not have that luck. And if it wasn't luck, then please share your methods for gaining 10. A special way to go through the mist perhaps? I understand the basics ... buy only the 420, don't try to uncover every tile, keep moving forward and use globes/lanterns where they have most effect, etc, but beyond that? I could use a second witch hut ... I foolishly clicked "collect" when I am on the last research of S and D. Grrr. Yeah, you do have much more experience than I do, hehe.

Today, I was mildly happy to see a portal profit as the daily prize, until I saw the amount. TEN percent? For a DAILY PRIZE? Goodness. Okay, I will try to be grateful for anything I get, but considering what a fiasco this event is, I'd think they'd try to mitigate the disaster. I'm only getting about 1/2 the prizes I normally would for the amount of effort I put into it (I collect an average of 15 items from around my city daily, and some of those are more than 1 point each, plus I am about half way through the regular quests before hitting the dailies.) I've got 2 artifacts to upgrade so far. Woo hoo. There's no way I'll get 10 evos and a second witch hut unless I start getting a lot luckier and find a lot more candles candles candles candles. I'm thoroughly sick of needing candles. :(

I look forward to events. I'm not tired of them as many people are. They still bring a joy and wonder about what I'll get and what they'll write. But Inno seems determined to kill that joy. I don't know why. You'd think they'd want to make money, and trying to make an event ridiculously un-relaxing and nerve-wracking in order to possibly squeeze out more diamond-buying from the populace seems penny wise and pound foolish, to me.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I think that they are trying to make things interesting. Good news everyone: we do not have endlessly unending mystery quests that require massive workshops set on 24 hour productions!
I like this format but I do hope that it is possible to collect enough cats.

shesidhe

I have a player in my FS who has reached a point in the event where she has no foggy tiles and no way to move forward - completely blank forest. Is that the end of the doing the forest for her?

Iyapo1

I have a player in my FS who has reached a point in the event where she has no foggy tiles and no way to move forward - completely blank forest. Is that the end of the doing the forest for her?
Is the forest indented on any row? She might be able to use a globe to light behind the block?

Aritra

Ok. The quest list. Seriously!?! No one has said anything yet (I think).
Sooo many relics. Sooo much vision vapor. Sooo much scouting.
Sooo many spell fragments at once. I don't plan on disenchanting my entire inventory for this event.
Gaining relics per the quest is frustrating to keep them coming at a high rate. Almost out of CC and the relics to make them because MA keeps having anything but my CC ingredients. Ugh Supplemented a lot of relics through the tournament, but I guess that's on break for a few days (I still have the provinces resulting from the scouting but those costs tend to be higher so I'm not eager to bang those out).

Did some think the previous events were too easy? I'd rather more quests than such high demands continuously. Not gonna be able to meet the demand so I'll likely get stuck early (yes, I'm aware we still have two and a half weeks). I suppose I could see the argument some might make in favor of this over easier but the demand is sooo high. It occurred to me this was a pacing technique, to reduce the ability to fly though the quests...

I hope I can be clear about something: I am feeling so intensely about this because it is disappointing to me particularly because I have yet to achieve all evolutions in an event and I was sure this would be it. I had a goal. I had a plan. I did not plan for the way things are going. I'm not just complaining to complain. I'm sincerely disappointed and let down because I was set for this to be the event I achieve a full artifact set. I was really looking forward to it.

Overall, however, I am probably doing alright for being day four of twenty-one so I'll just have to take it a day at a time. Who knows? Maybe I will achieve it after all (which would be a particular achievement considering the weird gambling redemption and high quest demands), but I've lost a lot of that hope. Keep on keeping on.... I can't stay away. I'll make it through to the end (of the twenty-one days, not assuming to complete all the quests) and I'm also sincerely curious how this will turn out. Day four and it has been an emotional rollercoaster. whew!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Feedback: The requirement for relics does not seem to have taken into account that players can no longer easily do 20 tor 30 provinces to obtain relics. The event relic requirements are out of line with the new tournament mechanics and are back to applying pressure to scout too far out..

Darielle

Oh no! That definitely should not be!

Darielle

Feedback: The requirement for relics does not seem to have taken into account that players can no longer easily do 20 tor 30 provinces to obtain relics. The event relic requirements are out of line with the new tournament mechanics and are back to applying pressure to scout too far out..

agreed. I'll need to scout 2 more provinces, at a time cost of a whole day each, in order to complete the quest for these 16 relics ... unless I get lucky enough to get them in the MA. Right now with 3 hours to go, there are none in the MA.

Update: I've cleared all my unfinished provinces and got 6 relics (since they were just one away from completion). I'll have 14 relics in 23 hours, assuming I do the whole province when it's finished scouting. I need 16 to get through this one quest. I may get relics in the MA; I may not. I may get relics in 3 gifts; I may not. This event is like watching paint dry, and I'm out of candles again and can't progress. I know people who are only buying candles, nothing else, but at that rate, I'd have about a third of the prizes I did on the last event and maybe 4 artifacts. I'm buying the 420s, but that's not working either. How does one get through this event with a fully evolved hut, if they don't have a lot of time instants and can't power their way through it with those? I can understand if you have hundreds and hundreds of time instants tucked away, but how do you do it otherwise?

Last edited:

Aritra

Oh no! That definitely should not be!
I just assumed (why I would assume anything around here is beyond me, I should know better by now) that the board went on somewhat indefinitely. Always somewhere to go, things in the mist (whether cycled if unclaimed or not). I hope that was a glitch. Surely it has to be. Even if there was an end to the board like that, I don't see how anyone could get to it this early?

Deleted User - 4565442

Feedback - please don't ever make what you did with this Halloween event while porting it from FOE - you cut out 8 repeatable bonus questlines and big reward for making all 8 of them.

Also, the info just struck on beta that you already planned "scratchboard" event for winter, even after it's failure in Gingerbread Mansion and May Tree events! Please withdraw immediately or face the critiques after gettting 1 KP or 1 relic rewards.

We want ELVENAR, NOT FOE

shimmerfly

Not in favor of this event. It's not fun.
Half way between a hidden object game and dung...er... dumb.
Relics relics more relics. Boring and below par prizes. Doesn't make me look forward to more of the same. And I hate the floaty thing while placing a candle.
Sorry for being negative.

Darielle

Not in favor of this event. It's not fun.
Half way between a hidden object game and dung...er... dumb.
Relics relics more relics. Boring and below par prizes. Doesn't make me look forward to more of the same. And I hate the floaty thing while placing a candle.
Sorry for being negative.
Don't blame you one bit.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I have encountered players in the game as high as Woodelf chapter who are busy spending every relic they get as soon as they get them. That is one approach, I suppose. I aim to get 500 of every relic BEFORE I start spending them in any fashion that impacts my game play.
For example: the Power of Provision spell. This is a great tool. I collect them carefully, use them sparingly and only cook them for FA, rarely ever for an event. I collect supply refills, use them when needed, and look for situations that supply them. Tournament is a great source of them. ALSO: your city should never be built in such a way as to rely on PoPs, add or upgrade workshops, quest grind. The game gives you supplies for harvesting gold.

Magical Manufacturing spells: same! I know I need those for sentients, so I save them up, aim for them in events where possible and essay to push tourney to round 5 to collect them. Tournament has been restructured to make this easy for everyone.

Combine Catalysts: best place is Spire and Library sets. A complete Library set gives one a day. I almost never cook them but will if back into a corner. I prefer to see inventory of 600+ relics in each category, but I find the game rewards those who help themselves.

Use the events to build up inventory, not run it down.

Darielle

I just assumed (why I would assume anything around here is beyond me, I should know better by now) that the board went on somewhat indefinitely. Always somewhere to go, things in the mist (whether cycled if unclaimed or not). I hope that was a glitch. Surely it has to be. Even if there was an end to the board like that, I don't see how anyone could get to it this early?
I agree ... it must be a glitch.

Aritra

Yep, the quests are a bit harder/more time consuming this time. It took me four days to do all the available quests.
What quest number is the cutoff on day four?
(the available quests structure was explained to me but I don't feel like doing the math right now and since you're there, you'd know, lol)
And, I know some are capable of flying through, and you're obviously one of them, but day four?!? o_O