• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mystery of the Misty Forest Event discussion thread

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
No not similar, every other turn it was complete encounters
Not counting any "gain relics", only "complete encounters"?

It's important to be sure and clear so that the developers can fix the issue if there is one. Here's the set of 18 quests where every second one needs the tournament:

37b Collect 8 Relics​
38a Solve 6 Encounters or Solve 6 Tournament Encounters​
42a Solve 8 Encounters or Solve 8 Tournament Encounters​
44a Collect 12 relics​
48b Collect 16 relics​
51a Collect 12 relics​
53a Solve 8 Encounters or Solve 8 Tournament Encounter​
55a Solve 6 Encounters or Solve 6 Tournament Encounters​

Aritra

Personally we all should stop buying anything till Inno gets thier head outta thier.... well you know.
Personally, I have never spent RL money in-game and never intend to do so. There are many players who do and that is their choice.

Sure, INNO probably relies on a certain number/percent to make money (need to one way or another). If too many stopped spending for too long the game would either go away, or need to purchase (something) to play, or be bombarded with ads. I do not believe withholding purchases would persuade them to the players will.

Now, widespread termination would likely have a greater impact but that's not going to happen. And they know it.

If there's widespread dissatisfaction, complaints will go up and numbers will dwindle, but I suspect it will take awhile to jeopardize Elvenar. Maybe they'd listen then, maybe not. Maybe they don't care because they are working on something else that will replace it and this is just staying afloat until it is ready. Who knows? I sure don't.

I have been disappointed in this event like many others (some same reasons, some my own), but I am not so upset overall to leave (I'm aware many are upset at more than this event and this has highlighted issues and become the final straw for others).

Maybe because I've been at it less than a year (eight months), but I'm not at all jaded and still enjoy the Elvenar part of my life. If I begin to hate it or it creates too much stress in my life, then I'll simply move on. In the end, it is still just a game.

Vysanthea

heh. by the time i get 420 purses the event may be over :oops:
I feel that way too. Some of the tasks take forever to complete. (I had this problem in the last event as well.) Right now I think it takes me 25 hours to scout a province and roughly 10 hours to produce an enchantment (depending on which one). At least the tourney started and made it a tad easier to finish the tasks related to enchantments and relics. but not much. And waiting days to finish a task isn't much fun.

Vysanthea

Not counting any "gain relics", only "complete encounters"?

It's important to be sure and clear so that the developers can fix the issue if there is one. Here's the set of 18 quests where every second one needs the tournament:

37b Collect 8 Relics​
38a Solve 6 Encounters or Solve 6 Tournament Encounters​
42a Solve 8 Encounters or Solve 8 Tournament Encounters​
44a Collect 12 relics​
48b Collect 16 relics​
51a Collect 12 relics​
53a Solve 8 Encounters or Solve 8 Tournament Encounter​
55a Solve 6 Encounters or Solve 6 Tournament Encounters​
Thanks for this, now I know I'm not going crazy.

jesikrey

This event is awful, not worth my attention. Typically I look forward to the prizes but not this time. I have not even placed the main building. My fellowship feels the same and is sad since some of our players just started the game. What is even worst is that those of us whom have been playing for a while are talking about walking away from the game.
No idea why the administrators of the game are not listening, perhaps they are making more money now and forgot about what us.

Walking away from the game is not difficult, I think what is difficult for most, specially now in the time of COVID, is walking away from the fellowships. The relationships that have been built over time and the coming together for FS is what a lot of us look forward to.

Dopeykr

As it stands now, I'm at my last Grand Prize. Apparently there's only 2 Witch's Huts available; when I gather the last Grand Prize ( Artifact ) this + the one that's in the progress bar. I will have 18 Artifacts, enough to fully evolve the 2 Huts.

shimmerfly

So you, and others who think the same, would rather be a leech on all of us who have spent money on the game?
Whoooaaaa @Enevhar Aldarion Calling someone a leech for any reason is not acceptible or necessary.
I don't understand your thinking at all one this one.
So anyone that doesn't spend money in this game is depending on you to play? Seriously?
I hope I took this incorrectly.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 849095273

As it stands now, I'm at my last Grand Prize. Apparently there's only 2 Witch's Huts available; when I gather the last Grand Prize ( Artifact ) this + the one that's in the progress bar. I will have 18 Artifacts, enough to fully evolve the 2 Huts.
How many diamonds did you spend in order to achieve that?

Iyapo1

So you, and others who think the same, would rather be. . .?
I agree with @shimmerfly this was really rude and unnecessary. You should edit that.
So anyone that does...

In an ad free game people who play for free absolutely depend upon people who pay. People who pay are literally the only source of income and thus the only reason the game exists to play.

I think we might just view this very differently.

People who dont pay should not view that as a badge of honor, AND people who do pay should not see THAT as a badge of honor either

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I agree with @shimmerfly this was really rude and unnecessary. You should edit that.

In an ad free game people who play for free absolutely depend upon people who pay. People who pay are literally the only source of income and thus the only reason the game exists to play.

I think we might just view this very differently.

People who don't pay should not view that as a badge of honor, AND people who do pay should not see THAT as a badge of honor either

No. Someone who says they refuse to ever pay gets no respect from me. Someone who wants to wait some time to see if they like it before putting in any money is fine, but saying never is unacceptable. Someone who plays this game for several months or a year, and likes it enough to keep playing, should have the decency to buy $5 or $10 in diamonds at least once.

Iyapo1

No. Someone who says they refuse to ever pay gets no respect from me. Someone who wants to wait some time to see if they like it before putting in any money is fine, but saying never is unacceptable. Someone who plays this game for several months or a year, and likes it enough to keep playing, should have the decency to buy $5 or $10 in diamonds at least once.
You should not equate spending money with decency.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So you, and others who think the same, would rather be a leech on all of us who have spent money on the game?
You're making the assumption that F2P players add nothing of value to the game. This is objectively untrue otherwise the business model would change and it'd just be a free trial.

What if I told you my wife and I have never spent a dime on this game? It's not about the money for us (we have WoW subscriptions and haven't played in months) it's about the challenge, and since Elvenar allows you to buy your way through the whole game, I would lose all interest if I did that.

So, are you saying I'm a leech then? As is Tomatoehu with all of the event guides she makes and the Elvenar FS website she runs(and pays for) as well as being the AM of 3 fellowships for years?

Is that what you're saying? Well, I disagree, and I think others do too. Also, you kinda suck on these forums lately and could use a serious attitude adjustment. If you're just going to be a contrarian dick all the time why not just ____ off instead?

Last edited:

Aritra

People who dont pay should not view that as a badge of honor, AND people who do pay should not see THAT as a badge of honor either
I agree with this. I hope no one thought I see myself high and mighty for choosing to not buy diamonds. I was simply acknowledging that many do. And that it is a choice every player makes. Most games I play are free. There is nothing wrong with that. Every game company has some financial model that ensures them the income they need. Some rely on ads and some on spenders. That was the choice of INNO and the choice of the individual player. I am not one to be pressured into specific decisions or actions, period, whether it be to spend money or not. The game was designed so that each player has that choice. I have made mine. It could change, but this is where I now stand.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You're making the assumption that F2P players add nothing of value to the game. This is objectively untrue otherwise the business model would change and it'd just be a free trial.

What if I told you my wife and I have never spent a dime on this game? It's not about the money for us (we have WoW subscriptions and haven't played in months) it's about the challenge, and since Elvenar allows you to buy your way through the whole game, I would lose all interest if I did that.

So, are you saying I'm a leech then? As is Tomatoehu with all of the event guides she makes and the Elvenar FS website she runs(and pays for) as well as being the AM of 3 fellowships for years?

Is that what you're saying? Well, I disagree, and I think others do too. Also, you kinda suck on these forums lately and could use a serious attitude adjustment. If you're just going to be a contrarian dick all the time why not just ____ off instead?

So neither of you have even spent $5 on this game in the years you have been playing? Do you give way your services at your real world jobs for free too? That would be only fair.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
with all of the event guides she makes and the Elvenar FS website she runs(and pays for) as well as being the AM of 3 fellowships for years?
So neither of you have even spent $5 on this game
give way your services at your real world jobs for free
So the only way you think anyone can add value to this game is to pay real world cash money directly to the developers? Just so you know, I have spent real money on this game, not nearly what some have spent, but don't want you thinking I'm just one of the 'leeches' trying to justify non-spenders...

To you, there is no value in guides (so of course you don't use any of them, right?) or maintaining outside websites? That would certainly fit with the fact that even though you've mentioned you use at least the outside website ElvenStats, you have never contributed one dime towards it nor have you assisted with testing features there (how I know: no heart next to your name anywhere there). Oh, look, both Tomatoe and Soggy have done one or both things at that website...and paying to maintain a different outside website...and managing a global Slack Chat for all Elvenar players...but they're leeches who should give away their real world services for free...And that doesn't even address the older and/or disabled players on limited incomes who cannot afford to pay, but who express gratitude for the ones who do that causes this game to be available to them.

IMO, your attitude has gotten petty and negative around here lately.

Kekune

how I know: no heart next to your name
Not to nitpick, because I agree with the spirit of your post... but the hearts don't appear to be current/accurate. I've donated to elvenstats.com and that is not reflected in a heart, though I believe I met the threshold for one. I don't much care about my missing heart (ha... so many jokes) but I wouldn't read anything into its absence from a player's profile.

DeletedUser8192

Wow Enhevar, way to foster community spirit my man, congrats.

As and "old school" former Beta tester and someone who has spent money on certain company's to help them develop (because they believed in their players not just the pocketbook) I have never considered a non-casher to be a "leech" and that was super uncool of you to say imho. INNO is set-up to support themselves with both cashers and non-cashers and for some people, that $5 or $10 of Diamonds you talk about, might just literally be the difference between them eating or getting medications, or paying their power bill ETC. when all they are looking to do is play a game and take their minds off work, covid, death, politics, whatever, it certainly doesn't make them a leech, but your negative and hurtful comment towards Aritra certainly makes you look like a unkind individual, and that is unfortunate Enevhar as the world needs more love, not hate or disrespect.

So neither of you have even spent $5 on this game in the years you have been playing? Do you give way your services at your real world jobs for free too? That would be only fair.

I would think that with the years Soggy has spent just here in the forums helping *MANY* new players and seasoned ones as well, that he actually contributes much more to the game than a casher, because he helps to keep players interested and motivated to continue with the game, and longevity of players is much more important than a handful of cashers..

Lets talk about Tomatoehu, who I was referred to YEARS ago when I was new (I played for a long time before I ever came to the forums, and actually heard about Tomatoehu through the game, not here in the forums) the fact that she spends so much time on her lists, and as Soggy said runs a website at her cost to help thousands+ of other players, is a much more valuable service than a handful of cashers, again for the same reasons cited with regards to Soggy.

Bottom line Enevhar, it is not just the casher that builds Elvenar, it is every one of us players who takes the time to help in game, or here in the forum, or even outside the game such as running websites dedicated to the players (which I know first hand and it is not simple, it is not cheap, and usually takes HUNDREDS of personal hours to do, which very rarely ever gets recognized by the masses.

Please show respect to all of the players here in the forum and in game, otherwise, as a member of Elvenar, and the forums, I would ask that you leave Enevhar, as there is no room here for hate or intolerance of another member IMHO.

Seachant.