• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Feature: Crafting announcement feedback

DeletedUser8187

I finally got a different recipe. I made a codex. Then it went back to relics, frozen flames, spells and instants. I stopped crafting waiting for a Vallorian Guard, we'll see how long it takes. I'll give me time to stock pile those enchantments.

DeletedUser

do the options we have to craft, change ? if out of 4 options, the player does not have one they like, will the options rotate to other options in a day, week? or ? do they stay the same? (forcing you to make one to get a new one)..
They allegedly change every 8 hrs...

DeletedUser3468

I did finally get offered the Valorian Valor in a city where I actually had enough of the CC and spell shards (or whatever they're calling them) to craft it. Now if they would have more things like this showing up more frequently I'd be much happier. I get not having a bunch of higher level items coming up too soon since most of us wouldn't have enough of the CC made yet to afford to craft them, but I hope they will eventually start generating a better mix of items. They (the developers) might want to rethink the entirely random selection and set a few parameters that would encourage a more varied selection.

DeletedUser3297

Please almighty DEVs..
please consider
chapter based upgrades for culture buildings and crafted items
it would be more interesting & to my way of thinking more logical for such options.. :D

and there is my 2 cents for today.. :)

From what I understand, that is exactly the reason for the new spell, the "royal restoration" spell.. Apparently any blueprints you have now and any 10 chest tournaments you win once the spell is released, you will win this spell. This is supposed to upgrade any magic building by one chapter (as the current blueprint does) OR you can use it to upgrade any event culture by one level. Now since all buildings I have seen in crafting are past events, this replacement for the blueprint "should" work for thse as well...

Hold out for a while.. This game is more of a marathon than a race anyway. I am keeping my old event culture while I wait for this spell to happen :)

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Now I shall wait as long as possible before using crafting as all my stuff will be worth much more later.
Welllll... Culture needs grow as you progress through the chapters. You'll need much more culture in Chapter 5 to support all your buildings/upgrades than you will for Chapter 2 for example. Take the build menu for culture bldgs for example. You'll unlock higher culture/square bldgs as you research the techs in the higher chapter. You don't have unlimited space, so you can't hold onto all the past culture bldgs. So (I'm an elf, ymmv) when I unlock the Whispering Trees, I sell off the Flying Boats and replace them with the trees. I get back a little coin and supplies because I spent them to build those menu bldgs.
Event bldgs sorta work the same way, giving higher culture for higher chapters, but they do not cost you to build them. They don't even tie up a builder for the 10 seconds it takes them to build.
Crafting seems to be an alternative way to get specific event bldgs instead of waiting weeks to see them offered in an event and then working to win them, so it makes sense to me that there is no compensation for the time/expense of crafting.
Also, don't forget the military bldgs. The one that gives troops gives more of them the higher the chapter. That doesn't mean I have no use for the smaller amounts in Ch4 where my squad sizes are smaller. So, I'll use crafting to upgrade those when the time comes. The expiring boosts bldgs are going to give the same % military boost to Ch 1 players as they do for Ch 12 players. Since that's their primary effect, I'm using them for 5 days in a tourney, they expire and get sold. I don't really care that a Ch4 one gave me 35 culture and a Ch 11 gives me 220 culture.
Still, marathon, not sprint like kayleegrrl said above. Not draining my spells/instants/summonings and going crazy with it, lol! I did go through some in the beginning as I wanted to replace last year's winter set orc vortexes with the orc nests allowing me to get rid of that set making more room for these event bldgs. But, I mainly trashed old event bldgs I had never placed that just sat in inventory until this crafting mechanism was released. There's speculation the restoration spell will launch early in the new year. That should work on event culture bldgs, but I'm not sure the effect on mixed reward event bldgs (like culture/pop, culture/troops, culture/goods, etc).
All that said, at some point I'm crafting a Frozen Unicorn for my Ch11 city. Not for culture or anything other than I don't have a unicorn that color, lol! Then the herd will have 7, so I'll need to pick another one to craft to make it an even number...I know, I'll start trying to get 2 of each color/type!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
. never enough room..
Your biggest problem with space is building non-boosted factories.
When you press hotkey "s" or open the relics tab on your mainhall, you will see that your plank factories are far superior to marble or steel. The game is designed around only building your specialized factories* (plank, silk, dust for you) and trading for the other 6 types.

As you progress you will reach a point where your planks make 8x as much as your marble in the same space/pop/culture.

*note: there are some event quests that require non-boosted productions, but these should be completed using temporary level 1 buildings in order to not waste space/pop/culture/supplies etc.

More on this here: https://elvengems.com/boosted-goods/

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yup.. my next expansions go to boosted T2 so I can trade more for non boosted Goods
But you could, (without a new expansion) replace your level 2 crystal and level 2 scrolls with 1 level 3 silk.
or
Replace some steel now with planks- same space, much higher output.

Basically, the sooner you go down to just 2 types (3 when you unlock dust) the better.

DeletedUser3602

All that said, at some point I'm crafting a Frozen Unicorn for my Ch11 city. Not for culture or anything other than I don't have a unicorn that color, lol! Then the herd will have 7, so I'll need to pick another one to craft to make it an even number...I know, I'll start trying to get 2 of each color/type!

I have 6 and I thought I had them all, but then I saw your post about having 7 and found out that there is indeed another 1: Enar's Unicorn. But it costs 160 diamonds and only gives 220 culture, :eek:, so I'm not going to get that particular unicorn. Is that the 7th one you have?

shimmerfly

@Cigneous Soggy is right. I struggled with trying to build all the goods when I was new. I didn't come to the forums until I was probably in #3.
You will gain a lot more goods in building your boosted, and be able to easily trade for the others you need. If you post fair trades (2*) within the correct tiers you will establish good will, so to speak, with your neighbors and they will take them easily.

( BTW) you can start a new thread any time by going to the main forum page and then click on Questions and help. You will see the green + sign on the bottom right of your screen. ( wasn't it you who said you weren't allowed to, being new?):p
Haha Okay this is a long post for me... I'm done for now!

DeletedUser3602

No, lol, that's another I want. I have 2 of the crystal ones as I was willing to spend event currency since they were purple:oops:
Hahahaha, well purple unicorns are kind of irresistible. I had just crafted the frozen unicorn to get the full set and was pretty happy with myself and my uni's, when I saw your post and found out about the premium Enar's unicorn (which I will never own), :confused:. Not good for my hoarding tendencies, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foldedspace

I thought the reg quests had me build at least one of each T2 as I researched them.
and I had to make 100 silk
figured the others were coming..
but non boost may be acquire in trade -
if it is a boosted only thang.. I could see that..

Those may be transitional quests at the beginning of new chapters. I think I remember having those too. They are declinable, but won't show up again if you decline them.