• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

I have a game suggestion I would like to put forth for discussion.

I would like to see a new Archmage & Mage ability put into play. Our fellowship would like to start doing a "Fellow of the week" system where we pick 1 member who has done an excellent job and reward them for a job well done. So my suggestion would be to give the Archmage & Mages the ability to GIFT gold, knowledge points, goods or supplies to other FELLOWSHIP members only. Of course we can still do a Fellow of the week without this ability however we feel it would greatly increase the motivation of the fellows if they were to earn a reward as well. Right now there is no way to do that.

DeletedUser

I second this idea! We already do a "Champion of the Month" but it would be nice to send something to the winners. Right now it's just the recognition and offering to accept an unfair trade. I think the ability to be able to gift diamonds would be not only in our interests, but also in the developers interests as well.

DeletedUser

I second this idea! We already do a "Champion of the Month" but it would be nice to send something to the winners. Right now it's just the recognition and offering to accept an unfair trade. I think the ability to be able to gift diamonds would be not only in our interests, but also in the developers interests as well.

Oh yes to gift diamonds too would be very nice. Great input!

DeletedUser6167

Really this game should allow anyone of us in a FS to donate what we want to our fellow members. Weather it be gold, diamonds, marble, etc. Those are my thoughts. That would make this a great support link for everyone's FS.

DeletedUser6085

I would like to see a new Archmage & Mage ability put into play. Our fellowship would like to start doing a "Fellow of the week" system where we pick 1 member who has done an excellent job and reward them for a job well done. So my suggestion would be to give the Archmage & Mages the ability to GIFT gold, knowledge points, goods or supplies to other FELLOWSHIP members only. Of course we can still do a Fellow of the week without this ability however we feel it would greatly increase the motivation of the fellows if they were to earn a reward as well. Right now there is no way to do that.

We've been trying to figure out a way to reward those who do neighborly visits within the fellowship 7 times a week. This would be a great idea!!

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Despite what Katwijk said, I agree that this would be a good idea that would be used properly by 98% of the players and fellowships that wish to increase visits by offering a prize for the helper of the month. Some also offer KP donations to a wonder as a prize, others a certain amount of goods, but I agree that other choices would be nice and diamonds would be cool, but I fear that might lead to someone using the feature to steal your diamonds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

We already do something like this with one of the FSs. We keep track of the visits, growth in points and growth in percentage.
Each week the players who score best in those areas get 10 KPs from each of the 3 mages and the archmage dumped in a wonder of their choice. Costly for us in a way, but a good way to keep people active. And most of our mages are near the end of the tree anyway, or stuck in the orcs, so its not so big a deal.

DeletedUser6167

I disagree with you Katwijk. Not all players that have multiple accounts have the same FS. Maybe that is what you do. But everybody else does not. I have not been here very long. This would not benefit myself, but my fellow FS members. I am thinking of them. How it would help some of the lower people in my group greatly. I believe this will be a great gift for the Elvenar Team to set up and give us this opportunity to do something good for someone else who is struggling. I have spoken, so it is written.

Calenmir

I like this but I think the AMs need to be careful of alienating players with limited time for the game, otherwise you end up giving the reward to the same people over and over. If you have a life outside the game or a job or a demanding family life, which sadly I don't, you can't be as active as others. So I hope circumstances are taken into consideration. I know our FS will. And I have taken some of your ideas, which are great, back to our AM and hopefully we can come up with a plan for our FS. Having the tools provided to give better rewards would be great. So if there is a vote this gets mine.

DeletedUser2191

I have a game suggestion I would like to put forth for discussion.

Well here's a blast from the past, welcome back to the forums and or game, glad to see you back.

As for your idea, excellent one *thumbs up*

DeletedUser2870

I disagree with Katwijk, or rather his reasoning. Having multiple accounts on a world is against the rules already. So not implementing this for this reason is no reason at all. Its like not wanting a secondhand cardealer around because some cars get stolen and might end up there.
Hello, newsflash...there will always be people that break the rules. Only way to avoid that is either not play or have no rules.

As for people with different levels of activity, people will join a FS with the lvl of activity that suits them. If someone is supposed to be giving help at least 4x a week and isnt doing that, without giving a valid reason to the AM he s not in the right FS. Simple as that.
The suggestion is for a tool that makes it easier for the AM to keep track of such things. And most already do so anyway in one way or another, mostly excel. So it already is something that is done, why not making it an ingame optional funtion? Its not as if it HAS to be used so FSs that dont want to use it dont have to.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I disagree with Katwijk, or rather his reasoning. Having multiple accounts on a world is against the rules already. So not implementing this for this reason is no reason at all. Its like not wanting a secondhand cardealer around because some cars get stolen and might end up there.
The flaw in that is that there are already lots of other ways to sell cars. At the moment, there is no way to transfer certain things between accounts, which means your theoretical thieves (currently) have no way to dispose of their stolen cars.

I'm on the fence about this. I too would like the ability to transfer some things between accounts that we can't, but I agree with Katwijk that it will make multi-account-abuse easier and thereby disadvantage those who don't do it.

(edit: and from what I've seen from community managers on the forums, having multiple accounts isn't against the rules. It's only against the rules to use them in a manner that favors one account over the others.

DeletedUser3821

If they can figure out a way to keep it from being abused, I love the idea! Great way to keep players motivated. :)

DeletedUser2870

The flaw in that is that there are already lots of other ways to sell cars. At the moment, there is no way to transfer certain things between accounts, which means your theoretical thieves (currently) have no way to dispose of their stolen cars.

I'm on the fence about this. I too would like the ability to transfer some things between accounts that we can't, but I agree with Katwijk that it will make multi-account-abuse easier and thereby disadvantage those who don't do it.

(edit: and from what I've seen from community managers on the forums, having multiple accounts isn't against the rules. It's only against the rules to use them in a manner that favors one account over the others.

Excuse me?
There ARE ways to move stuff between multiple accounts on the same world.
Just open 6 accounts on the same world, join them all in one FS and build them all up to about chapter 3-4. Then you can use 5 to dump kps into the main accounts wonders and have all 5 set up 1:4 lopsides trades to benefit the main account.
And yes, Im pretty damn sure that IS against the rules and the reason why most online games dont allow players to HAVE multiple accounts on the same world. Doesnt matter whether one uses them that way or not.
Having multiple accounts on different servers is a whole other matter of course. My german and dutch account cant interact with each other or with my us account, so no problem there.

EDIT: rules indeed dont seem to disallow multiple accounts. I must say thats something I normally take for granted. But then again, I cant see why anyone would want multiple accounts on the same world except for pushing reasons. Most online games I played prohibit multiple accounts period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calenmir

So if we are wishing and asking, then (and being the completely clueless person that I am about programming), is it possible to ask for this to be optional to use within your FS (as Dhurrin says) but only available to the AM and/or Mages with not only a limitation on how much you can send as a reward but that reward cannot be given to the same person more than once a month? It wouldn't completely stop abuse, but could limit it.

And yes, that is correct, if I remember the conversation correctly, it isn't a violation to have more than one account on the same city, but it is if they are being used to push goods to your main account.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
At the moment, there is no way to transfer certain things between accounts, which means your theoretical thieves (currently) have no way to dispose of their stolen cars.
Excuse me?
There ARE ways to move stuff between multiple accounts on the same world.
Note, I said "certain things," not anything.

The OP asks to be able to transfer gold and tools, and other people have asked for a way to transfer diamonds, all of which are not currently possible in any way of which I am aware.