• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Player Guide/ Beginner Guide

DeletedUser11886

The name of the supplies doesn't matter unless you are trying to do a quest. Some quests ask for a number of sets of a certain package not just a quantity.

DeletedUser16029

I'm getting some good advice. One other question, about the landscape. I notice that if I advance any more, I will run into "plots" that contain trees or other things. If I choose those plots for city advancement, can I get rid of those items? Otherwise, they seem a waste of coins and/or supplies to purchase them.

Arayla

I notice that if I advance any more, I will run into "plots" that contain trees or other things. If I choose those plots for city advancement, can I get rid of those items? Otherwise, they seem a waste of coins and/or supplies to purchase them.
The plot gets cleared off automatically when you purchase it, so no worries there.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You can help someone once every 23h to get coins. If they helped you in the previous 23 hours you get supplies too.
You can get 3 treasure chests from helping per day, this is reset every day at 4pm MST

DeletedUser16029

An advisor said I should raise taxes. How do you do that? And how will it affect the general good will?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
An advisor said I should raise taxes.
Another way to increase the amount of coins you collect is by raising your culture boost. The higher your culture boost, the more coins and supplies you collect. You raise it by:
a)building more culture buildings
b)having more neighborly help polishing your culture buildings. Your FS members and map neighbors help when they visit raises your culture boost.
c)casting an Ensorcelled Endowment spell on culture buildings. Note: this raises your % boost by 5% when it has an active polish on it. It does nothing unless it's helped by a neighbor or FS member. I try to cast them right after someone has polished a large culture building to get the full benefit of the spell. The spell lasts (2 days I think?) longer than the polish, but the next polish will boost culture again until it expires.

DeletedUser16029

What options does a player have to boost population? I have 16 residences, 12 of which are at level 6 or higher (I see other advanced players with less). I do not have the available land to upgrade the others. Scroll, crystal and silk manufactorys require a considerable amount of people (and where I'm at, I need a lot of these goods to further my technology). It seems counter productive to keep building more residences. I do not wish to spend $'s to buy diamonds in order to purchase people. I can't believe that the "game" doesn't allow a natural way to increase the population other than just by building more residences. Help, please.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What options does a player have to boost population? I have 16 residences, 12 of which are at level 6 or higher (I see other advanced players with less). I do not have the available land to upgrade the others. Scroll, crystal and silk manufactorys require a considerable amount of people (and where I'm at, I need a lot of these goods to further my technology). It seems counter productive to keep building more residences. I do not wish to spend $'s to buy diamonds in order to purchase people. I can't believe that the "game" doesn't allow a natural way to increase the population other than just by building more residences. Help, please.
You are losing a lot of population to having non-boosted buildings, which are very inefficient. If you don't have good traders in your neighborhood, you should join a fellowship as soon as you can, and remove any factories that are not your boosts. (unless you are trying to finish the event, in which case they are understandable, but not any of the Tier 2, and the T1 should not be higher than level 1)

Your residences are laid out with long side to the roads, so you need three road squares per residence, swapping the direction of those roads would save you several squares of road. The road running around the outside of your barracks is all wasted except for one square. At all times, try not to have roads touching the outside of your city. All of your signposts then could be lined up outside the barracks, or better yet replaced with something higher density (more culture per square) like the purple blossoms and whispering trees.

DeletedUser16029

You are losing a lot of population to having non-boosted buildings, which are very inefficient. If you don't have good traders in your neighborhood, you should join a fellowship as soon as you can, and remove any factories that are not your boosts. (unless you are trying to finish the event, in which case they are understandable, but not any of the Tier 2, and the T1 should not be higher than level 1)

Your residences are laid out with long side to the roads, so you need three road squares per residence, swapping the direction of those roads would save you several squares of road. The road running around the outside of your barracks is all wasted except for one square. At all times, try not to have roads touching the outside of your city. All of your signposts then could be lined up outside the barracks, or better yet replaced with something higher density (more culture per square) like the purple blossoms and whispering trees.
What does boosted mean and how do I know which buildings are and which aren't?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Some of your factories (1 of each level) are more efficient. If you look at your main hall (by clicking the Main Hall, or pressing "S"), it will tell you what your boosts are (Below, boosts are Steel, Scrolls and Dust): this city has it's boost up to 678, which means for every plank factory producing 100, a steel factory of the same size would produce 678 with the same population.

upload_2018-3-28_10-25-2.png

DeletedUser16029

Some of your factories (1 of each level) are more efficient. If you look at your main hall (by clicking the Main Hall, or pressing "S"), it will tell you what your boosts are (Below, boosts are Steel, Scrolls and Dust): this city has it's boost up to 678, which means for every plank factory producing 100, a steel factory of the same size would produce 678 with the same population.

View attachment 3772
Mine are steel and scrolls. Does this mean that I should delete some of my workshops that just create supplies?

DeletedUser16029

Mine are steel and scrolls. Does this mean that I should delete some of my workshops that just create supplies?
Also, can I do anything to change which buildings are boosted? And if I delete a building, do I loose the population that was working it?