• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
the ability to count to 5 ..
We get it. You're proud of the fact that you can count to 5 correctly every single time. So is my 3 year old grandson, and I'm very proud of him for doing it, too! He's probably a bit behind you on the brewers, though. Counting to 50 is still a challenge for him. Ya know what? You won't have to stop practicing your counting if they changed this. You can continue with things the way you do them. Post here when you achieve a new milestone and we'll all cheer you on!
In the meantime, those of us who prefer will be able to focus our efforts on coordinating and participating in the team aspect of setting the badges we need, tracking what's made, what's inserted, what's still needed, discussing strategies for who can make which badge and when they can make it, etc. We can also keep up with which members have real life commitments that limit their time in-game so we save spots for them to get a badge in and share in the rewards, hold off taking the flag so they don't miss out, etc. It's a win-win for both styles: you get to practice counting, we get to practice team building, and everyone gets to partake of:
the thrills come in helping my teammates acquire artifacts they were not able to procure

hvariidh gwendrot

i call the balls and strikes and pitching to have the game run by a bot so you don't have to focus on what you are doing is a miss .. and i can see why you want to try and distract from that weak "suggestion" with personal attacks, because it's a bad idea and you can't defend it with logic .. a specific task for a event reward requires specific actions, team play requires multiple members to work as a unit .. a baby wants to have every thing done for it too and throws a tantrum when it can't get it's way

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Using words like 'selfish' and 'disgusting' to describe other members of the Forum is really not acceptable.
Please stop these abusive comments.

I've had a post removed for less and it wasn't aimed at a specific player. :( I don't think they edit to remove part anymore. Just the whole post deleted and a message that said "Be nice". Not a problem & works for me. There is quite enough anxt these days without one of the few interactions for some people turning nasty.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Using words like 'selfish' and 'disgusting' to describe other members of the Forum is really not acceptable.
Please stop these abusive comments.
1. I didn't say that the player was disgusting nor selfish- I said that the action was, there's a difference. An otherwise decent person can perform a selfish act and it is perfectly reasonable to point it out. Look at the action I was describing and tell me it's not selfish.
2. Why didn't you complain about his continued usage of "baby"? How is that not offending your sensibilities?

It's just like the last time you asked for a feature that would benefit only the top 1% of players(including yourself) while making the game worse for everyone else. I believe you may still have a chip on your shoulder from when I pointed out that it was selfish and you went off on a rant about how selfless you are and how much time you give to the community. You need to learn to separate criticisms of actions and insults to a person.
You are, in general, a very kind and giving person- but that does not mean you are incapable of performing a selfish act. No one is. Even the pope and Gandhi could.

Pointing out that an act is selfish should be cause for inner reflection, not indignation. Especially when like that other poster they falsely attempt to paint themselves as being a savior of the double-shift working caregiver while in fact harming them.

and i can see why you want to try and distract from that weak "suggestion" with personal attacks
It is you who continues to deflect and use phrases like "have everything done for you" when no one is asking for that. It's called a strawman, and it shows a lack of critical thinking combined with a weak position that you aren't capable of defending or even explaining.

I have asked you several pointed questions and you haven't answered any of them.
E.G.
  • What does handing in a Ghost or Marble, or Hat badge after every tournament encounter add to the game? How does that make it better?
  • Why are we allowed to collect from our residences with a single click and sweep? Shouldn't it be changed so that we have to open each individual building and collect from them? How is this different? Why not add an "awesome" pop-up after every collect too?

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Obviously nobody wants the Fellowship Adventure to get worse than it already is. I get frustrated but remind myself that it is better than it used to be and hope they will either make further improvements or scrap it. Scrap it would be my personal preference but some people like it so....

Putting on my Grandma Debbie hat to tell a story. My son was one of those prodigy kids but I refused to rob him of his childhood so they had to bring in advanced tutors. He would get in debates with others his age or older than him. I had to explain to him over and over that while he may be 100% right and could split hairs with the best of them, others would end up walking away not convinced that he was right but convinced that he was a (insert not nice description) who was maybe better than them at splitting hairs. At best they might just be convinced that he was smart enough that they couldn't prove him wrong even if they were convinced he was. His first professional review he came to me and said "Mom you were right".

My point is that this argument isn't going to convince anybody either way regardless of who can pick apart what the other player is saying. People either seem to love or hate the Fellowship Adventure. It doesn't matter if we can convince each other what should or shouldn't be done with it. After all this time they know what is wrong in players opinions and have probably already decided what they will or will not improve. Since they went to the effort to come up with new badges I'm thinking it is here to stay and it will probably be a while before they make any further improvements.

SoggyShorts

Scrap it would be my personal preference
I feel like that sometimes too, but I see so much potential in it if some of the boring parts were removed. (and rewards improved)
It was a mistake to bring up the annoyance of the occasional miss-click when the real issue was that badge collection is just too slow and therefore not fun. This clouded the issue and some players simply can't grasp the bigger picture now and only want to brag about being able to count to 5.
My point is that this argument isn't going to convince anybody either way regardless of who can pick apart what the other player is saying.
Perhaps. I hold out hope that readers (including the developers) can take in all of the feedback and suggestions and that it influences their position.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Obviously nobody wants the Fellowship Adventure to get worse than it already is. I get frustrated but remind myself that it is better than it used to be and hope they will either make further improvements or scrap it. Scrap it would be my personal preference but some people like it so....

The main problem with the FA is that it is the only source for the 1 or 2 extra artifacts that the majority of players need to finish the matching evolving building. Because of that, the statistics will always show a higher level of participation than satisfaction with the FAs. And Inno only sees the participation numbers. I play a lot and put in a lot of time during events, but I do not spend money on the events any more, so I have only gotten all the artifacts to fully evolve a building once this year. For all the rest, I needed the FA to finish it, and I am not a fan of the FA in general, or at least not a fan of completing more than one path per stage. I do not want to see the FA eliminated until there is another way to get those extra artifacts.

As for other prizes, now that a new, smaller version of the wishing well has been introduced to the game with the Winter event, maybe that will now be added to the 3rd stage chest as a prize.

SoggyShorts

I am not a fan of the FA in general, or at least not a fan of completing more than one path per stage.
This seems to be a fairly widespread consensus, and the reasons for it are common as well:
Tedious clickclickclick (much improved but with room for improvement)​
Lack of incentive (rewards & prizes)​
Note that I separate "rewards" and "prizes".
Rewards being what you get for what you do, and there is nothing guaranteed for doing more than 1 path per stage.​
Prizes being what you get based on how well your team did versus other players. This PvP aspect is a whole issue unto itself.​
The fix for basically all of this is straightforward:
1. Give some little token rewards for each spot on each map to everyone in the FS. KP and timer instants are the most flexible and universally useful.
2. Reduce the tedium of extra clicks allowing players to focus on what everyone says is their favorite aspects of the FA: Teamwork, planning co-ordination, and (for some) competition.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I still want automatic badge creation when I sweep through my city. Call me a baby or whatever, don't care. I work an awful lot so losing those badges because I'm tired when I log in ... hurts my fellowship just as much as not logging in until I'm not tired. I am ALWAYS tired. I don't mind the game being demanding, but keep it fun.

GlamDoll

Well, shut my mouth, or open it...I seem to be eating my words again, on no longer posting. I have read through all of this (yes, I still have to go add my likes). At any rate, on to my hopeful point. I don't care what I am called, whether be baby or otherwise, but, if you are gonna call me out, then I shall respond. It is a sad state of affairs, that we can be at each other over such things regarding the FA and/or game features, or the lack there of. All of this is so sad, but, it does not surprise me in the least.

I used to get full evolved event buildings. I used to get to participate more in tournaments. I used to...

I used to! Are we not gonna talk about that? Really? K. I guess I am out of touch here now. I am still waiting for somebody to please explain to me, why any of this even matters now? :(

Any progress I make from this point, will only make it even worse for me... As best as I can understand it, I am not alone.

Anyone still advancing their city now? Curious. I have decided to do so. I started playing this game for it's city building aspect & shall finish it the same.

YMMV

I kinda think the baby comment was the most offensive one but that is just me.

If I ignore my previous comments before your quote...that is the cherry on top! Agree.

Kekune

Anyone still advancing their city now? Curious. I have decided to do so. I started playing this game for it's city building aspect & shall finish it the same.
Yes. I'm in ch17 and moving forward. I'm leveling my wonders. I'm placing expansions. I'm playing events, even when the prizes are meh.

Sounds like my reasons are similar to yours: I'll continue to do the things I find fun. If that eventually becomes self- defeating and I can't have fun anymore, I will stop playing. But what I like is the game as a whole, not any single part of it. If my tourneys get harder, I'll score less. If my spire gets harder, I'll let my tourneys slip a bit so I can keep hitting the top. If the event prizes aren't exciting, eh I won't try so hard to finish the quests. I still have all the core things that brought me to the game: Pretty artwork, the challenge of balancing all the various components, working with a team. Exact outcomes vary, but the general concept of how the game works and what I enjoy is about what it always was.

Now that I've written this, it doesn't really fit in the Beta thread... maybe more the tourney thread. But here we are. :)

Deleted User - 4565442

There are 3 expiring buildings under "sale" tag upcoming. Probably for diamonds or real money.
Things like 3 KP/10h, 7 KP instant/10h, 1 current chapter wonder runes/10h , 10 RR/20h , 1 blueprint/20h, one more production/20h.
Info from Polish forums/beta testers.

Next big event will be February, featuring theme of "Winter transitioning into spring"
Upcoming February evo building "Everblossom Sleigh".

There was interview with IG worker about "new ideas about getting old artifacts" and "new spire 2021 rewards".

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
FROM BETA - NEW SPIRE REWARDS NEXT WEEK - INCLUDING PHOENIX ARTIFACTS!!

130930650_10218190876383996_446192620728317827_n.jpg

Dear Humans and Elves,
With our next Spire of Eternity, starting on Sunday, December 13th, we will be making some changes to the rewards that can be obtained from the Spire of Eternity on Beta, available for a limited time of several weeks, and include: Overall

• The Moonstone Library building set is removed from the Spire of Eternity's reward pool, and Phoenix Artifacts are added as the new main reward. These Artifacts can be used to evolve any Storm, Fire, and Aureate Phoenixes. For those who do not already own those buildings (either in the City or the Inventory), their Stage 1 version can be obtained through Crafting in the Magic Academy.
  • For players in Chapters 3 to 5, we are exchanging the Portal Profit 10% Instants with Supply Windfall 50% Instants, as Portal Profit only becomes useful from Chapter 6 on. The same change is applied for Portal Profits 15%, 25%, and 50%, to be replaced with Supply Windfall 100%.
Reward chests
  • Supply Windfall Instants 20% are added in several chests.
  • Phoenix Artifacts are added in several chests.
Mystery chests
  • Coin Rain 20% and Supply Windfall 20% are added in Rare chests.
  • Booster 8h Instants are added in Epic chests.
  • The Epic and Legendary chests will contain a Phoenix Artifact.
We are currently looking to keep this new set of rewards available for 6 weeks, but we also want to keep our options open and may extend it beyond that time period, or make further changes before that. We will of course inform you about the changes we're making.
We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Please leave your comments in our discussion thread!
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

My comment: Wonderful, positive change!
Now how about giving away artifact fragments, so that when we have collected enough of them we can craft an artifact for any building?
Also a weekly mystery prize would be great!!
:)

AtaguS

Iyapo1

The Moonstone Library building set is removed from the Spire of Eternity's reward pool,
Unhappy face, how am I ever going to get 100s of thousands of spell fragments!
The Moonstone Library building set is removed from the Spire of Eternity's reward pool
Happy dance, I am boosted in scrolls! I freaking hate this building!
Phoenix Artifacts are added as the new main reward.
Happy Dance
For players in Chapters 3 to 5, we are exchanging the Portal Profit 10% Instants with Supply Windfall 50%
Having 3 chapters worth of backstock is very nice ;). But the supply instant will be much more immediatly useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.