• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Thankfully, they did do something about that. So now it seems like people forget that.
We forget nothing. If you go back through the dozens(hundreds?) of posts about it I always specifically said that any system which doesn't allow you to sweep through your city is flawed.
The answer? Why not make the whole FA badge collection as close to automated as possible? As much as I am not a fan of the FA, I still expect to do something to actively participate.
If you choose to set your productions to 9h and then log in to collect them that is hardly automated.
What does clicking the building, opening the task interface, and clicking the hand in button add to the game?
How does that take more skill/strategy or give more enjoyment than sweeping across your workshops and seeing a floating Farmers Badge move up the screen like when you are collecting coins?

Look at it in reverse: Would it add something to the game if you had to click on each residence and click on "collect" in order to get your coins?
Why not add in an "Awesome!" button every time too? Why is it that you can collect from all of your houses with a sweep?

The strategy of planning, building and setting the productions is the first half of the "active participation" part. The second half is to log in regularly to collect, reset, and insert the badges on the map.

Active participation? Yes.
Clicking 3x instead of once? Why?

Carefully collecting just 5 of your 15 workshops at a time instead of collecting all 15 adds nothing positive to the experience imo.
This isn't a platformer or first-person shooter game where misclicks should be punished.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
We forget nothing. If you go back through the dozens(hundreds?) of posts about it I always specifically said that any system which doesn't allow you to sweep through your city is flawed.

If you choose to set your productions to 9h and then log in to collect them that is hardly automated.
What does clicking the building, opening the task interface, and clicking the hand in button add to the game?
How does that take more skill or give more enjoyment than sweeping across your workshops and seeing a floating Farmers Badge move up the screen like when you are collecting coins?

Look at it in reverse: Would it add something to the game if you had to click on each residence and click on "collect" in order to get your coins?
Why is it that you can collect from all of your houses with a sweep?

The strategy of planning, building and setting the productions is the first half of the "active participation" part. The second half is to log in regularly to collect, reset, and insert the badges on the map.

Active participation? Yes.
Clicking 3x instead of once? Why?

Carefully collecting just 5 of your 15 workshops at a time instead of collecting all 15 adds nothing positive to the experience imo.
This isn't a platformer or first-person shooter game where misclicks should be punished.

@SoggyShorts My honest opinion seems necessary here. I was playing devil's advocate with what I believe is the reason they don't do something I would think would be easy to let us collect multiples of the same badges simultaneously. They need to completely scrap the FA and offer something else worthwhile for Fellowship members to do together if they are set on that. Frankly, now with both Tournaments and the Spire I only see one reason to do the FA at all. The ONLY reason I do it at all is because many of my smaller city members need the artifacts from the prior event. I have hated the FA since the very first one succeeded in blowing up a bunch of Fellowships. I find it ridiculous how many players only do it begrudgingly out of loyalty and a feeling of responsibility to their Fellowship. For what? Crap prizes over & over & over. There is nothing in the FA that makes it worth it in my game to come to a screeching halt or to actually spend real $ on diamonds for.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Well, in my Khel world, we are very small. We feel a great sense of fellowship and accomplishment by finishing what we can. The prizes are secondary to that, although I wish the prizes were better, it costs me nothing to get them if I invest the time while watching TV. Just saying. But Soggy is correct, float the badges!

SoggyShorts

Well, in my Khel world, we are very small. We feel a great sense of fellowship and accomplishment by finishing what we can. The prizes are secondary to that
For full, (not top 3) fellowships the dumb part is that there is no real difference in rewards between doing 1 path each stage and 3 paths.
A few players with turd towns and a bunch of regular productions for the rest can reasonably do 1 path all the way.
A very significant effort is required to do all 3 paths, and even then due to PvP (boo-hisss) no additional rewards are guaranteed for your efforts.
Maybe get into the top 30 for a 2h timer? Insane.

At the very least they need to add timers and/or KP to every single spot on the map. Those rewards come in every size possible, so it doesn't need to be over-powered.

Kekune

Well... not exactly. Some people truly love these because of the spirit of teamwork they can bring out. My group is doing the whole map, with no expectation of winning anything. I'm guessing we'll land in the top 20 simply because not too many groups will do the full map. That'll be nice to get an extra prize, but we're really doing it just because we can and because some folks really love it. This new format makes it easy for a few folks to build out most of the production, and everybody else can get tourney badges or whatever.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My group is doing the whole map, with no expectation of winning anything. I'm guessing we'll land in the top 20 simply because not too many groups will do the full map.

You may be surprised. On Beta, the fellowship I am in finished 2nd in the previous FA and 8th in the new one. This was partly because the residue badge really hurt our setup and partly because fellowships that normally did not finish in the top 10, put in extra effort and did this time. Now, with advance knowledge and the reduction of cost for the new badges, there may not be as many new faces making the to 10 on the various Live servers.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You log out, and switch servers.

On desktop log out. At the top in the wood banner, left of center, there is a drop menu of flags. Beta is the first one, US is the 4th.

On mobile, log out, log out again, server selection is a drop menu on the top right. Beta is ZZ1, at the end of the servers.

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

seems like a babies game to log in and do 1 click and swoop and let the game magically place everything in it's perfect place and rollover amounts in to all the proper columns vs having the builder of the city actually do anything

SoggyShorts

seems like a babies game to log in and do 1 click and swoop and let the game magically place everything in it's perfect place and rollover amounts in to all the proper columns vs having the builder of the city actually do anything
So more senseless clicking = Adulting?
Are you challenged by this?
Does it blow your hair back to click that green checkmark every 3 encounters?
Is it just a total thrill, sending shivers down your spine to manually set each of your workshops 1 by 1 (because I assume that the "set all" box offends you)?

It must be so fun to be you.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is a very good event summary for Winter Event in the Wiki:

All the Event Information is here:
https://tinyurl.com/y5f62ru3

128566471_10218129918780094_2069968137842006136_n.jpg

hvariidh gwendrot

nope not challenged at all .. that's why i think when an event or adventure asks you for 5 of something you should have the ability to count to 5 .. harvesting supplies and goods normally is not the same thing as a team working together in an adventure for a reward, or an individual having a specific task required in an event, if you want to play a baby game where you don't have to pay attention to what you are doing, i don't think you should participate in events or the adventures .. the thrills come in helping my teammates acquire artifacts they were not able to procure due to working a double shift that week or having an ill family member that week etc .. sorry you think it's all about you and need to lash out :cool:

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Just to be clear then, when you collect coins from your residences, you click each one individually, right? Or do you click and sweep?
God your comments are toxic
the thrills come in helping my teammates acquire artifacts they were not able to procure due to working a double shift that week or having an ill family member that week etc ..
So you think after working that double shift they want to stop after every 3 tournament encounters to click the badge collection button 3 times?
Adding that extra tedium to their day after they have spent it caring for a sick loved one gives you a thrill?
That's disgustingly selfish of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.