• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Lelanya
I don't play on beta, so this is from other players who do. Some of the pit windows only require 2 badge types. The info I have says the pit windows are:
All take 5 badges each
#1brewerscarpentersfarmers
#2smithsbraceletsnecklaces
#3statueshatsdruids
#4wondersguards
#5coinsresiduemarbles
#6tiarasghosts
Thank you Samido, I've passed this on to the editor :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
when you cross over to another path, sometimes you can avoid the worst points in the first color path that you can't complete. It can be more difficult depending on the waypoint requirements. I am studying to see what is doable.
Yeah, I may have missed it but I'm not sure that there is a path to avoid the bracelets or residue which are going to be the bottleneck.
It's too bad that the waypoints aren't shared to make crossing more strategic.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That's what I'm afraid of Soggy. I'm hoping for a visual to see if that would make any difference in the second stage.

I don't remember about the 2nd stage from Beta, but each path on the 3rd stage requires at least 35 bracelets, so they cannot be avoided on that one. And the left/orange and right/green need horrible amounts of the residue badge on the 3rd stage.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Is Gems going to put the pic up of the paths for each stage like they have in the other FA info's?

We have several Maps for each stage and one master for all the waypoints in the Platinum Leaf event note, which you are welcome to use and share.

124472405_10217995787906906_5573177937353388781_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Snow Owl n the Winter Event has just been rebalanced, in response to player feedback.
Balancing
  • In response to your feedback, we have re-trained the Snow Owl to focus less on population and culture and more on other things, so she can become a big, strong Snow Owl.
125779863_10218039112830002_1281786000884791428_n.jpg

Here are the old values for comparison

124975298_10218011961111226_5218802216289687240_o.jpg

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@SoulsSilhouette
My brain works better looking at the actual maps when assessing path switch-overs, too. Hopefully, Gems gets them up soon. In the meantime, when you look at Jackluyt's map list, the 2nd line and the 5th line are the multicolored switchpoints for each path.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Give me a list in a private message and I will fix them.
Thanks!
It's gonna have to wait because:

Hi guys! We just found out that something in the calculation formula broke the intended values and some are a tad too high right now (goods and mana) and supplies are a bit too low. They will be adjusted later today or tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
There was a glitch with the re-balanced figures for Watchful Winter Owl - the statistics I posted yesterday (November 16th) were incorrect.
Today's revised graphic shows what now appear to be the correct data.
Read about the Winter Magic event (in Beta right now) here: https://tinyurl.com/y5f62ru3

125549681_10218046337010602_8630703433221440588_o.jpg

The Unbeliever

Those intial re-balanced values actually made it almost worthwhile...
The "actual re-balanced" values are still complete garbage - go figure?! :rolleyes: :p

Hard pass on this building, it's most optimal placement is to sit in my inventory and collect dust.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
With the new badges, they need to allow us to collect more than one at a time... The druid staff , arcane residue, and elemental marbles in particular. As well as the bracelets. It would be great if the badge was completed and accepted automatically, that way it would reduce the clicks. After all, that appears to be their focus with this game, to make it 'less tedious' right?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have mixed feelings about how automated the FA should be. They came a long way toward making it tolerable when they eliminated having to scroll though every badge to get back to the badges being collected. There was a whole lot of "if they just do this the FA won't be so bad." Thankfully, they did do something about that. So now it seems like people forget that. I am not a fan of having to pay close attention to filling & collecting badges when if I click wrong I mess myself up. But that is the thing. It is me not being as careful as I know darn good & well I have to be. The answer? Why not make the whole FA badge collection as close to automated as possible? As much as I am not a fan of the FA, I still expect to do something to actively participate.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The reason I say this Deb is that when you win CC's in the spire... it's a x3. It's hard enough for smaller cities to fight or negotiate the spire without losing those 2 CC's that they need. The same with the Arcane Residue... smaller cities are going to have great difficulties because of the CC's and spell fragments needed, especially since early in the game, the best source of those is in the spire....

Status
Not open for further replies.