• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprite1313

I looked a few minutes ago at my beta city that I created a couple of years ago to test the spire. It's been sitting in orcs since the intro of the new tourney. So, looked at the tech tree. The 1st 5 chapters are no longer the old tech tree. They've been changed to the new one.

Also, Karvest said in a thread over there that he noticed his base tourney squad size changed from 762 to 770 without doing anything in that city, so migrating to new tech tree does change squad size. I don't know what chapter that city is in.
My beta city is still on the old tech tree. I will be interested to see how it unfolds on Tuesday.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My beta city is still on the old tech tree. I will be interested to see how it unfolds on Tuesday.

My chapter 18 Beta city is on the new tech tree now, even though the announcement said it would not happen until the 6th. Switching it on the weekend when there is limited Support staff to handle questions and complaints just shows that Inno staff are going from incompetent to malicious. They no longer care about the stress they are putting on Support and Forum workers, many of whom are volunteers.

Yogi Dave

I had an ad in my city this morning. It's not sooo bad - yet. I clicked on it and it brought up a dialog which has a short timer. When it completes, I clicked the X to dismiss it and got my reward. It was 20 diamonds.

The 'yet' is will/when will we be required to watch the ad to get the reward and will/does bringing the dialog send something outside the game info. The other thing I wonder about is their interaction with various ad-blockers.

Huor

The 'yet' is will/when will we be required to watch the ad to get the reward and will/does bringing the dialog send something outside the game info. The other thing I wonder about is their interaction with various ad-blockers.

The ads have been in roc for sometime now and I would be surprised if they ever made them required. I have my finger on the delete button if that happens. The only real issues with the ads that we've noticed is content (mature) and some of the ads cause the game to crash and in the worst case cause you to restart your device (ads are not in the browser on roc yet. only mobile). The browser is new to roc so I suspect the ads will be coming along shortly.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Does anybody know what happens to the expansions prior to chapter 5 if the new research tree is implemented? We have a baby fellowship on a different world that was started recently. As each new city was started we wondered which research tree would come up. Every single on started with the original research tree. Now we have multiple baby cities that are worried that they are going to lose the expansions in chapter 4 since that is how far most of the 9 cities are in.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
⁸Does anybody know what happens to the expansions prior to chapter 5 if the new research tree is implemented? We have a baby fellowship on a different world that was started recently. As each new city was started we wondered which research tree would come up. Every single on started with the original research tree. Now we have multiple baby cities that are worried that they are going to lose the expansions in chapter 4 since that is how far most of the 9 cities are in.
Deborah they didn't launch the change today, they are now saying tomorrow. It's very annoying, today the Daily prize platform has two high culture value trees, 3x3, that would be great to have at a new chapter, but they won't let us grab it.
I don't know about you, but I have run my wee city into several walls: provinces are yellow, culture is angry sun, wee weird leftover spaces, no expansions, and I can't really continue building.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Deborah they didn't launch the change today, they are now saying tomorrow. It's very annoying, today the Daily prize platform has two high culture value trees, 3x3, that would be great to have at a new chapter, but they won't let us grab it.
I don't know about you, but I have run my wee city into several walls: provinces are yellow, culture is angry sun, wee weird leftover spaces, no expansions, and I can't really continue building.

I sure hope you mean launch in Beta! There is only so fast you can move these baby cities forward and try as we may there is no way chapter 4 will be finished. There are a couple of cities that just got into chapter 4. It is going to be game over for this little FS if they lose all 5 expansions that are in chapter 4. :eek: It really is completely unfair to cities that were started after the new tech tree was out but these cities didn't get it!!!

And, now it was pointed out to me that the 2 cities just finishing up chapter 2 so starting chapter 3 today are also at risk to lose 4 expansions in chapter 3 + the 5 in chapter 4. Apparently, they should have had the new research tree to begin with.

Last edited:

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Deborah M

I have cities on the old tree and the new tree, the cities that get migrated will not loose any expansions. On the old tree and on the new tree the first expansion available in chapter 4 is expansion 10. On the old tree and the new tree the first expansion available in chapter 5 is 15. So if a chapter 4 city on the old tree gets put on the new tree all the chapter 4 tech will be completed, they will still get all the expansions they would have for chapter 4.

Of course until they upgrade buildings they are going to be pretty much lame ducks. But the expansions are identical.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah I said they failed to launch on Beta, claim it's tomorrow. I should have 6 expansions waiting, and deep into blue provinces, but how much can I do without seriously messing up the city CAL. Yeesh

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Astram Do we have any idea when the research tree change is coming to the live servers? I see that it has been done on Beta today. In our baby fellowship I have players who are anxious to have it update because they are unsure what is best to do in the meantime.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Astram Do we have any idea when the research tree change is coming to the live servers? I see that it has been done on Beta today. In our baby fellowship I have players who are anxious to have it update because they are unsure what is best to do in the meantime.
I do not have any information, and only the CM would have that available.

Yogi Dave

This is a copy of a post in beta. Just makes me chuckle. The community manager, Deadeye Jerry, said he'd report it.

1686232927263.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Things just keep falling apart on Beta. The new Season was started today by "accident", when it was not supposed to start until Thursday, and according to the CM, it was going to be delayed from the correct start date as well. With the big delay in the addition of chapter 21, and all these mistakes piling up, I am starting to wonder if they are just going to shut down the Beta server.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Things just keep falling apart on Beta. The new Season was started today by "accident", when it was not supposed to start until Thursday, and according to the CM, it was going to be delayed from the correct start date as well. With the big delay in the addition of chapter 21, and all these mistakes piling up, I am starting to wonder if they are just going to shut down the Beta server.
Hopefully they hit their stride soon. If they shut down Beta, where would they test everything, the EN server?

Status
Not open for further replies.