• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I can't do that. lol

Even the horribly long chapter 19, I got done in 5 months.

I am just hoping I can do it. I have always finished chapters in about 2 months. Sorry I did the last chapter in 1 month. Had I known it would be 10 months until the next chapter I would have tried to slow it down :rolleyes: I just get my eyes on a goal and it feels like meeting a deadline so off I go getting it done ASAP. Served me well professionally but probably a good habit to break in this game now.

Moho

Chef
i33.jpg

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I'll just follow the story line as I feel like it so I don't get too bored waiting for the next chapter. I don't think I'll even set up a spreadsheet for it as I usually do for each chapter. It was fun reaching Ch19 in two years, once I'm ready I might try to do that again.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I can't do that. lol

Even the horribly long chapter 19, I got done in 5 months.
How long did chapter 17 take you? To me that felt like the longest chapter. Although I did not really time myself on either chapter 17 or 19. It could be that I enjoyed chapter 19 more, so my perception of it didn't feel as long as chapter 17. I loathed chapter 17 by the time I was done with it. I didn't have that feeling at the end of 19.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How long did chapter 17 take you? To me that felt like the longest chapter. Although I did not really time myself on either chapter 17 or 19. It could be that I enjoyed chapter 19 more, so my perception of it didn't feel as long as chapter 17. I loathed chapter 17 by the time I was done with it. I didn't have that feeling at the end of 19.

Let's see. I have been playing long enough that the first time I finished all the content and had to wait for a new chapter was after chapter 14. Chapters 15, 16, 17, and 18 took between 3 and 4 months each, so chapter 19 taking about 5 months had me worrying I would not get it finished before chapter 20 was added. Little did I know that the chapter 20 release would be delayed. lol

But anyway, that couple of months in between chapters let me get everything prepped for each new chapter release, so I could dive right in and saved overall completion time because of that. This free time also helped stockpile PPs and time boosters, of course, which also sped things up.

And for a more recent comparison, my Beta city went from chapter 1 to chapter 14 in 14 months, before I started slowing down there.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I think I need to retract my earlier statement that this will be quick, the back end is loaded with resource requirements. Particularly Mana to produce the Rough Oblations (blue stripe box). Having a high level Dragon Abbey will help this chapter for instant mana, unfortunately I am yet to build it.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
There are new crafting recipes out on Beta today. We can now craft the other 3 expiring troop buildings from the Tome of the Fearless:
Light Melee Monument
Heavy Melee Shrine
Heavy Ranged Powerup
We can also craft the wee 1x1 expiring culture buildings from the Faerie Queen's Garden, Amaryllis, Begonias, Garden Stones
Also there are new prices and conditions for pet food
If you would like to know more, this is being debated on the "Undocumented Changes" thread right here (seeing as the Release Notes are a mess since Marindor was replaced).

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I will make a guess, that it was changed in 1.180, since on Monday I went to upgrade the roads and I looked at each option and was unable to use the wooden trail as I did not have the Shrooms needed. Today I can make them.

Would have liked to see it in the release notes. This is a change that the community likes.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Beta has the Fall event starting on Tuesday August 8th. Read here about the Theater Zodiac and the new pet, the Star Serpent, the Tinlug. I'm excited for this one, read on Karvest 's site for more details, linked in this post.