• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Moho

Chef
AI can help us be more specific here:

i36.jpg

i36.jpg

i36.jpg

Dhurrin

10 level 47 workshops? That is a huge change in city design for many players.
10 lvl 47 workshops? What the hell would I do with that many? I have 8 T1, 6 T2 and 6 T3 factories (for regular boosted goods only, so another 1 of each tier for sentient goods and another 1 of each tier for ascended goods) and have trainingqueues of around 20 hours and yet I'm running my entire city on 2 magical workshops and a PT. And I still need the 'wholesaler' to get rid of supplies.
There is 0 need for me to have that many workshops. A quest like that should be skippable.

Pheryll

Set Designer
10 lvl 47 workshops? What the hell would I do with that many? I have 8 T1, 6 T2 and 6 T3 factories (for regular boosted goods only, so another 1 of each tier for sentient goods and another 1 of each tier for ascended goods) and have trainingqueues of around 20 hours and yet I'm running my entire city on 2 magical workshops and a PT. And I still need the 'wholesaler' to get rid of supplies.
There is 0 need for me to have that many workshops. A quest like that should be skippable.

It appears to have been changed since to 4 level 47 workshops and 10 level 47 residences.

Dhurrin

It appears to have been changed since to 4 level 47 workshops and 10 level 47 residences.
That sounds more reasonable, I can get some workshops out of my inventory for a moment I guess. And then teleport them back. I really hope that change went through, thanks.

Dhurrin

Don't magic buildings count as 2 normal ones? Seems like most people in chapter 21 will have magic ones.
By that time people (not all of course, but a lot) will have managed to win one in the Spire, or have invested in them, especially now that diamonds can be won in-game.
And of course, there are a lot of old-time players like me may have invested in them waaaaaaay back when they could not be won and diamonds could only be bought for real money.

And I am pretty sure I could run my city with 3 regular ones, which is a far cry from the original 10 requested. Very happy here that was changed to 4.

Pheryll

Set Designer
And I am pretty sure I could run my city with 3 regular ones, which is a far cry from the original 10 requested. Very happy here that was changed to 4.
The largest consumption of supplies in production is armories. If you have the dwarven bulwark at a high enough level, you don't need armories and can use orc's nest (or better orc production) instead. I do not have 5 magic workshops in my city, though I have replaced several magic workshops with new ones of a better chapter won in the spire, so I have not been investing blueprints in them.

Yogi Dave

If you have the dwarven bulwark at a high enough level, you don't need armories and can use orc's nest (or better orc production) instead.
Ah, so many ways to play the game. I have 24 armories that produce 7k orcs a day. Overkill? Yes. I have 10 million orcs. But with my Pyramid of Purification at level 30, I get 14k sentient goods from each one per day. No need to have manus produce them, though I have 1 each at the moment. I wanted to get way ahead of all goods before chapter 21 came out. It turns out, there isn't as much need for goods as expected. So, they get teleported in preparation for chapter 21. I have 4 magic workshops, spelled and a level 31 Prosperity Tower, so am tremendously over producing hammers too. I know I could teleport one and probably 2. Yes, the armories consume a lot of hammers, but I gotta spend those hammers someplace. This weekend before chapter 21 comes out, I'll be teleporting 11 manus and probably a workshop. I'll also bring in a couple more magic houses to augment the 5 I have to produce community service. Since the 5 I have over produce coins, one or two of those may be switched to produce service. The exact balance may be adjusted as the chapter plays out. The main thing is to have options and lots of space to make the guests comfortable with a large village. Oh, I can fill the portal 170 times using PPs, so no need to create prey.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
There are new crafting recipes out on Beta today. We can now craft the other 3 expiring troop buildings from the Tome of the Fearless:
Light Melee Monument
Heavy Melee Shrine
Heavy Ranged Powerup
We can also craft the wee 1x1 expiring culture buildings from the Faerie Queen's Garden, Amaryllis, Begonias, Garden Stones
Also there are new prices and conditions for pet food
If you would like to know more, this is being debated on the "Undocumented Changes" thread right here (seeing as the Release Notes are a mess since Marindor was replaced).
Argh ... more expensive pet food. Just what we need with more and more pets. :mad:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Don't magic buildings count as 2 normal ones? Seems like most people in chapter 21 will have magic ones.
The magic workship/residence would only count double if upgraded to chapter 21 level. Older chapter magic WS/res will still count towards the quest, but they only count once. That being said, I have a hard time envisioning why a high chapter city would need 5 magic WS. I have 4 in my chapter 20 cities, but I am making a deliberate attempt to massively overproduce supplies in order to buy goods from the wholesaler (I have Blooming Trader at L31). If it were not for that, I could easily get by with 2 magic WS.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How many ascended goods can a merchant trade once the chapter 21 main hall upgrades are performed?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The magic workship/residence would only count double if upgraded to chapter 21 level. Older chapter magic WS/res will still count towards the quest, but they only count once. That being said, I have a hard time envisioning why a high chapter city would need 5 magic WS. I have 4 in my chapter 20 cities, but I am making a deliberate attempt to massively overproduce supplies in order to buy goods from the wholesaler (I have Blooming Trader at L31). If it were not for that, I could easily get by with 2 magic WS.
The only reason I can see for it is if a person is solely a caterer. Then, they would need a massive amount of supplies that you as a fighter would not. I cater about half the time and have only 3 MW and a higher level PT. That's enough for me, but I could see myself running out if I didn't fight as much as I do ... and that's taking into account the supply cost of troops.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I don't fight at all, my chapter 8 city is down to 4 with 2 Magic and a measly little lv 15 PT. Once I get my PT up or another Magic Workshop, I will drop to 3.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I don't fight at all, my chapter 8 city is down to 4 with 2 Magic and a measly little lv 15 PT. Once I get my PT up or another Magic Workshop, I will drop to 3.
If your PT is level 15, you should be in a rune phase. Those are normally easy upgrades. And they are lucrative, since they count double what a KP upgrade does.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I just want to make sure. We can upgrade magic residences when we open the first research?
You should be able to. Every implementation of delaying the magic residence/workshop upgrade till their research has been withdrawn. I think reasoning is that it makes no sense to delay paying customers from purchasing a building that other players can get for free from the spire.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
You should be able to. Every implementation of delaying the magic residence/workshop upgrade till their research has been withdrawn. I think reasoning is that it makes no sense to delay paying customers from purchasing a building that other players can get for free from the spire.

Thanks! Absolutely. I remember the chapter that they didn't and I was furious, along with most I know who spent on them. One of the closest times to quitting. Definitely, I took a break from spending on that chapter ;)

Dhurrin

Ah, so many ways to play the game. I have 24 armories that produce 7k orcs a day. Overkill? Yes. I have 10 million orcs. But with my Pyramid of Purification at level 30, I get 14k sentient goods from each one per day. No need to have manus produce them, though I have 1 each at the moment. I wanted to get way ahead of all goods before chapter 21 came out. It turns out, there isn't as much need for goods as expected. So, they get teleported in preparation for chapter 21. I have 4 magic workshops, spelled and a level 31 Prosperity Tower, so am tremendously over producing hammers too. I know I could teleport one and probably 2. Yes, the armories consume a lot of hammers, but I gotta spend those hammers someplace. This weekend before chapter 21 comes out, I'll be teleporting 11 manus and probably a workshop. I'll also bring in a couple more magic houses to augment the 5 I have to produce community service. Since the 5 I have over produce coins, one or two of those may be switched to produce service. The exact balance may be adjusted as the chapter plays out. The main thing is to have options and lots of space to make the guests comfortable with a large village. Oh, I can fill the portal 170 times using PPs, so no need to create prey.
And I have usually only 5 armories in my city, but place orcnests for orcs. They don't need supplies, don't use culture but provide it, can be easily recrafted each chapter and provide more orcs/square/hour than armories do, unless you want to speed up the production using timeinstants in those armories.
I have 15 million orcs now.
And I still run my city with 2 magical workshops and a PT and need to use the wholesaler to get rid of supplies.

I have manufactories produce sentient & ascended goods because I like having large stocks. And my stocks are very substantial. And yes, I have the Pyramid up at lvl 30 as well. Actually, I have most AWs either maxed or at lvl 30 because I am not interested in leveling them further.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Silly me left my golden abyss & prosperity towers not leveled up all the way for years. Others just seemed more important. I'm almost from 30 to 35 for golden abyss but not even close for prosperity towers. I don't know how much I will need to depend on prosperity towers for hammers with the multiple uses for workshops but I really have to get a move on for that one. I did set out to level them all up to 35 almost in order for the past few months or more since the new chapter seemed nowhere in sight. It makes it easier to give away all of the broken runes to FS members.

ps. @Dhurrin love the GS puppy :cool: I have 2 8 year olds and they are awesome dogs!