• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I played around with the new guest race so I could plan what all I need to store and it turns out that it isn't too bad this time :)

1691329411582.png

I stored some buildings already but I really need to be able to upgrade magic residences to get it ready. I don't see any reason to store armories until I need the space. No reason to miss out on the troops.

Dhurrin

Silly me left my golden abyss & prosperity towers not leveled up all the way for years. Others just seemed more important. I'm almost from 30 to 35 for golden abyss but not even close for prosperity towers. I don't know how much I will need to depend on prosperity towers for hammers with the multiple uses for workshops but I really have to get a move on for that one. I did set out to level them all up to 35 almost in order for the past few months or more since the new chapter seemed nowhere in sight. It makes it easier to give away all of the broken runes to FS members.

ps. @Dhurrin love the GS puppy :cool: I have 2 8 year olds and they are awesome dogs!

I just love my GS! There may be dogs better at specific tasks, but the GS is the best all-round dog I know.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just love my GS! There may be dogs better at specific tasks, but the GS is the best all-round dog I know.

Mine are funny, accomplishing the impossible. We had our 4 cats when we got our GSs. They play a game where they actually succeed at herding cats into a room and then laying in front of the door just to hang out with them, especially my boy GS. I always have a cat in my lap and a GS at my side while I play this game. :)

dikke ikke

I have 6 magic workshops, I need supplies to upgrade AWs, to keep my armies at a good level to finish spire and 9000 points in tourney every week and to have 48 armories at level 42, if I have too much I create orcs, and sometimes I use the wholesalet

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Once I get the chapter started I will have 8 armories out instead of my usual 10. I was looking at some other cities and wondering if that will be enough. I ran into a city with 40 armories and not a whole lot of other resources IMO. How in the world can a player even think about progressing through the new chapter like that? And what would make it worth having 40 armories? I looked and they aren’t even a tournament rock star. What am I missing? I don’t think I will have any problem doing my usual 5K tournament and the spire cutting back to 8 and I don’t want to do more than that. Adding, other than about 2,000,000 ranking points?

I just need to say that dikke ikke posted while I was typing. Nothing personal!

Last edited:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Once I get the chapter started I will have 8 armories out instead of my usual 10. I was looking at some other cities and wondering if that will be enough. I ran into a city with 40 armories and not a whole lot of other resources IMO. How in the world can a player even think about progressing through the new chapter like that? And what would make it worth having 40 armories? I looked and they aren’t even a tournament rock star. What am I missing? I don’t think I will have any problem doing my usual 5K tournament and the spire cutting back to 8 and I don’t want to do more than that. Adding, other than about 2,000,000 ranking points?

I just need to say that dikke ikke posted while I was typing. Nothing personal!
Armories have a huge point value in the rankings

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Armories have a huge point value in the rankings

Awesome! I could just add 30 more armories and have over 6,500,000 ranking points ;) But why? :rolleyes:
a) I would not have room to actually enjoy the new chapter.
b) I really like everything in my city being there for a good reason for how I like to play, even my pretty things :)

Yogi Dave

Armories also produce Sentient goods if you have the Pyramid of Purification. At level 30 they produce 2 Sentient goods per orc they produce. Still 40 leveled armories seem a bit excessive and I have 24.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Armories also produce Sentient goods if you have the Pyramid of Purification. At level 30 they produce 2 Sentient goods per orc they produce. Still 40 leveled armories seem a bit excessive and I have 24.
Do you keep Sentient goods factories? I keep 2 of each and have plenty of Sentient goods for my city and FS members' 1 for 8 trades. I'm just curious what the difference would be if I added more armories with my Pyramid at level 35.

Dhurrin

So I could put up a crapload of armories to get some sentient goods? Inefficient in my view. I usually have 5-6 armories. I have the Bulwark and the Shrooms both at 35, which gives enough of a queue for me not to worry about it running out while I sleep, or between breaks at work, or being out for a while or whatever.
And yes, I also have the Pyramids up, but I just keep 1 factory of each tier for my sentient (and ascended goods). By keeping them spelled they produce more than enough goods, especially with the added ones from several AWs and the bonus to MM spells from a lvl 35 ETC to build up stockpiles of them. As in a couple of million of each. And somewhere around 70 million of each of the regular goods.
I have found orc-nests to be far more efficient in getting orcs anyway. And since I don't give a crap about ranking I have no need to fill my city with armories.
I have no issues with keeping my average tourneyscore somehwere around 9.000. In fact, my score is mostly limited by the fact I just don't have the time to do the later provinces manually.

Yogi Dave

Do you keep Sentient goods factories?
Nope. I had them to build up stockpile for ch 21, but now have none. Well, I had to bring back a scroll one for a couple of chapter quests.
So I could put up a crapload of armories to get some sentient goods? Inefficient in my view.
Yep, for you. Like I've said before, there are many, many ways to play the game. This is my way. Such as most of my pop comes from pop/cult buildings which saves a boatload of space. Also, I go with the saying "Too much of everything is just enough." Which is what I have in my city.

Dhurrin

I played around with the new guest race so I could plan what all I need to store and it turns out that it isn't too bad this time :)

View attachment 16331

I stored some buildings already but I really need to be able to upgrade magic residences to get it ready. I don't see any reason to store armories until I need the space. No reason to miss out on the troops.

Pretty ambitious, you think you will need 9 of each? I think I'll start with 5 of each and see if that will suffice. If not I'll just teleport some evolving buildings to make room

Yogi Dave

Pretty ambitious, you think you will need 9 of each?
If you enjoy doing the storyline quests, which I do, you will need 9 of each at some point, but not at the same time. I don't know if you need to keep them for most of the time. It probably depends on how fast you want to finish the chapter, then wait and wait and wait for chapter 22.

Pheryll

Set Designer
So I could put up a crapload of armories to get some sentient goods?

Looking at how chapter 21 made it to live, we may be past the sentient goods hump; and now standard goods optimization (e.g. lighthouse of good neighborhood, blooming trader guild, etc.) may be just as effective. I only needed two sentient manufactories per tier for the early chapters of sentients. I completed the last three chapters with only 1 sentient per tier (no pyramid of purification, but I did have the oracle of fortune).

dikke ikke

The biggest part of my armories are situated in the lower left corner of my city, i will slowly reduce them to 25 or so to build the settlement and go back to 40 something when I am done with the storyline and the tech tree. It takes a certain effort to be a top 10 player, everybody is free to play the way they want

Dhurrin

The biggest part of my armories are situated in the lower left corner of my city, i will slowly reduce them to 25 or so to build the settlement and go back to 40 something when I am done with the storyline and the tech tree. It takes a certain effort to be a top 10 player, everybody is free to play the way they want
Very true.
I just never understood the need for so many armories as for me it will just basically screw the queues. When they get to be more than a bit over 20 hours for me it just makes no sense anymore, but each to his own.
If I cared about the ranking I would put up the Thrones and up that to lvl 6 instantly just by dumping some runes and KP instants in it, which would propel me quite a bit up the ranking list. After that I could easily up it further with our KP chains. I just don't care enough to go for that and instead prefer to play at leisure, keeping my average tourneyscore around 9.000 or so since I can do that with ease without having to spend ridiculous amounts of time and effort and resources on it.

Dhurrin

If you enjoy doing the storyline quests, which I do, you will need 9 of each at some point, but not at the same time. I don't know if you need to keep them for most of the time. It probably depends on how fast you want to finish the chapter, then wait and wait and wait for chapter 22.
Hmmm....I didn't know one may need 9 of each. And yes, I do like following the storyline quests.
Since I had quite a bit prepared I rushed through the first part, now working on the tech to upgrade the portal. Not bad for the half a day I had time.
So far I have decided to go for 6 of each. If/when I get to the point where I need more I'll see if I teleport some stuff or sell some craftable buildings to recraft them later. I'll cross that bridge when I get there

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Dhurrin I think it has a lot to do with what Fellowships you were in earlier in the game. I was in Genesis when they were #3 for a while, went back to my small FS briefly when things exploded over the 1st 2 FA, and then to #1 Dragons of Stylmist for a while. Genesis & Dragons were competitive for FS ranking so I'm thinking recommended ways to progress had a lot to do with that. Way back when, it was a challenge to see how may FS members could be on the first 2 pages of ranking. I set a goal to make it to that. Then I set a goal to be in the top 10 since I was close. Then I got really tired of all the dictates and pressure so I moved to my little FS. I have been so much happier playing the game however is comfortable to me at any given time. When I hit #3 I didn't even know it. Somebody from Dragons messaged me. LOL! After this chapter was announced, I told my husband that when it is over I am not putting everything back out. I have many things in storage that I would like to put back out. Not that they are of any great benefit, but because I like them. I already have several things out just because I like them and I want more of that. I just noticed somebody I had never heard of under me in rankings. I looked out of curiosity and saw 40 armories and more being upgraded. That is why I asked what the point was to have so many. Not a chance I will ever destroy my city just for the sake of ranking! I'm guessing you have seen that I like playing the old-fashioned way. I like having my factories and everything else so that I can do whatever I want now, which changes from time to time depending on how much I want to play. I expected my ranking to drop like a rock when I started playing this chapter. I'm not even sure why that didn't happen but when it is over, I don't care where I land so long as I can enjoy my city :)

Dhurrin

@Dhurrin I think it has a lot to do with what Fellowships you were in earlier in the game. I was in Genesis when they were #3 for a while, went back to my small FS briefly when things exploded over the 1st 2 FA, and then to #1 Dragons of Stylmist for a while. Genesis & Dragons were competitive for FS ranking so I'm thinking recommended ways to progress had a lot to do with that. Way back when, it was a challenge to see how may FS members could be on the first 2 pages of ranking. I set a goal to make it to that. Then I set a goal to be in the top 10 since I was close. Then I got really tired of all the dictates and pressure so I moved to my little FS. I have been so much happier playing the game however is comfortable to me at any given time. When I hit #3 I didn't even know it. Somebody from Dragons messaged me. LOL! After this chapter was announced, I told my husband that when it is over I am not putting everything back out. I have many things in storage that I would like to put back out. Not that they are of any great benefit, but because I like them. I already have several things out just because I like them and I want more of that. I just noticed somebody I had never heard of under me in rankings. I looked out of curiosity and saw 40 armories and more being upgraded. That is why I asked what the point was to have so many. Not a chance I will ever destroy my city just for the sake of ranking! I'm guessing you have seen that I like playing the old-fashioned way. I like having my factories and everything else so that I can do whatever I want now, which changes from time to time depending on how much I want to play. I expected my ranking to drop like a rock when I started playing this chapter. I'm not even sure why that didn't happen but when it is over, I don't care where I land so long as I can enjoy my city :)
Same here. And though my present FS on Elcysandir is ranked #2 we don't really push a lot, nor do we really care about the place. Kinda like me; I just don't care about ranking, not for myself, nor the FS, nor any of our members.
We do require players to be active and enjoy the game.
I like having a crapload of the evolving buildings out instead of pulling more factories from my inventory.