• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Moho

Chef
People are not happy in Beta-Land.
It has been mentioned here on the forum that a large number of INNO employees have been made redundant. I imagine shareholders are not happy, the management is not happy, and employees in general are not happy. "People in Beta-Land are not happy? Well, they should wait in line."

The queue is getting long at the moment.

I give up on giving feedback over there... or testing their features that are not taken seriously or handled as promptly as they used to be.
As someone said here on the forum, right after they downsized the Elvenar department: they are probably struggling to keep the business afloat by doing less with fewer people.

I've been self-employed for a long time. I'm still surprised at the quality of the game. For a free service, unsupported by any governmental agency, Elvenar manages to do a pretty darn good job.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Looking at the pictures from Beta, the gist of chapter 21 seems to be the following.

You have two main settlement buildings: the box maker and the box smasher. You make the box at the box maker, you then smash it in three different ways at the smasher, you then join the pieces from each the the smashings at the box maker, and then you go to the smasher to smash that and get modern orc art.

lauren1957

One of the new settlement goods required to complete chapter 21 is only produced in your Main Hall, Barracks, Residences, and Workshops. So lots of fun for those players who do not use residences for coins or workshops for supplies, or who have avoided leveling up their Barracks. Also, the way the settlement goods and researches are done, the BTG may have zero benefit in chapter 21, but we will not know that for sure until Thursday and people can actually see what happens.
And just where do we find out the size/orientation of the buildings we need to upgrade for the first few quests? "They" gave iDavis permission to post the quests, but they are not so worthwhile without building sizes. And no, chapter 21 building sizes are not yet integrated into Elvenstats.

Pheryll

Set Designer
And just where do we find out the size/orientation of the buildings we need to upgrade for the first few quests? "They" gave iDavis permission to post the quests, but they are not so worthwhile without building sizes. And no, chapter 21 building sizes are not yet integrated into Elvenstats.
Looking at the building images, it looks like the Portal and the two guest race buildings change dimensions as your upgrade them to level 4.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Pheryll you can usually get away with half that in Magic buildings, so 5 Magic Residences and 5 Magic Workshops. Most ch21 may have that by now.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Most ch21 may have that by now.

Not sure on that at all. But I do think it to be a typo, or an unintended quantity as a previous quest only looked for 4 workshops of level 46, and 4 has been the standard for the past couple chapters. If more workshops were intended to be constructed, then I would guess that there would be some quests to guide the player into that, rather than jump from 4 level 46 to 10 level 47.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Pheryll you can usually get away with half that in Magic buildings, so 5 Magic Residences and 5 Magic Workshops. Most ch21 may have that by now.
The magic workshops only count double if they are fully upgraded to max level (IE chapter 21 magic workshop). Older magic workshops will count for the quest, regardless of level. But they will only count once.

I have 4 magic workshops currently in my ch 20 city. However they're not fully upgraded. I am enchanting them daily with PoP to make excess supplies in order to buy from the wholesaler. I have 10s of millions of every kind of regular goods, so being able to buy even more goods from the wholesaler hasn't been a priority. There was a size change to workshops when you upgraded them from chapter 19 to chapter 20. And I just decided it was not worth doing. So to do this quest, I have to upgrade every magic workshop currently in my city. Then I have to bring an even older magic workshop out of storage and upgrade it to level 21. All of this is doable. Just seems like a big expenditure of blueprints/diamonds for a quest.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Perhaps they are guiding us to have enough to split them between coins/supplies and community work, but let's see what gets released on live.
21 out of 40 research pieces require supplies in ch21, for a total of 238mill. 30 prey trails require another 49mill, and producing the Orcs another 46 mill, but many players will have Supplies instants to use I think.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
The supplies quantities are my notes from Beta. Chapter 20 was similar in not requiring Standard Goods in research. But could change for live of course.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I am usually excited to get a new chapter. This one I just wasn’t looking forward to. I guess I was a bit skeptical with the way things have gone lately. Now, after reading the blog and seeing that Timon is back on Elvenar team again as Senior Game Designer, I have a whole lot more confidence :)

Pheryll

Set Designer
Search for cavalieri elvenar, it will lead you to an italian site with good info on level 21

From that site, you will need only 4 level 47 workshops. The portal is 7x9 and you will need 9 5x6 and 9 7x4 guest race buildings which are connected to the portal by settlement roads.

Building dimension changes:
Residence from 6x4 to 5x5 (new switchable production: community works)
Barracks from 7x6 to 5x9
Training grounds from 5x6 to 4x8
Mercenary camp from 6x5 to 8x4
Scrolls manufactory from 5x6 to 6x5
Gems manufactory from 5x7 to 7x5

Last edited: