• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Discord - May Contain Info!

Yogi Dave

normal players, in decent FSs , accrue CCs 3-5x as fast
as RRs, yet it costs more ...... :rolleyes: ... thats nuts o_O
sounds like a way to make us pay RR costs on the one
catagory of bldgs that grew with other costs..... :eek:
Actually, it's not more if you look at the total cost to get to an upgrade. To get to level 6 requires 21k frags, 21 CCs and 15 RRs.
Level 11 totals are: 66k frags, 66 CCs and 30 RRs.

BrinDarby

@Yogi Dave ,
ahh, thats still nuts......

I don't know the % of FSs @ or above 10 chests,
yet again now, an imbalance is being created
because all those casual players in casual FSs
will never buildup enough RRs, and the 1%'ers
doing 12-14++ chests will have decent amts.

why, just Why.... do coders play "whack-a-mole"
with chgs ?? Everytime a chg causes unintended
consequences, you're breaking 1 thing to fix another.
As interconnected as Elvenar is, its even that much
harder to avoid such consequences.

Also, because older players are only paying these
costs in upper chapters and they already have
a bunch of wonders that didn't have the costs.....
Its 110% impossible for a newer player to catch up
to them, and thats even if they drop 5-10 grand in
$$ into/on the game......

Lets face it, they aren't balancing out the game for
the players, they're balancing out the need to spend
$$ on :diamond:for missing costs...... ;)

Pheryll

Set Designer

Solaris - US01/16/2024 at 5:23 AM​

Version 1.191​

It will go live on the EN servers from January 16th and all other servers from January 18th. On Mobile, the version will be available during that same week.

Bug fixes​

• We fixed a bug that was preventing the opening of the notification of completed research of an AW.
  • The tooltip of the ranking points for Tournament Arena and Spire Library was showing 0, now it shows the correct amount.
  • Some bugs were fixed with text going out of bounds (german-mobile only).
  • Other minor bugs have been fixed.
Do not hesitate to let us know your feedback on the changes by leaving a comment in ⁠Version 1.191 Thank you for your help and assistance! Kind regards Your Elvenar team

Pheryll

Set Designer
I am not sure why the release note does not mention the main feature of rebalancing the ancient wonders. It usually is fitting to have the release notes indicate significant changes that are part of the update.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am not sure why the release note does not mention the main feature of rebalancing the ancient wonders. It usually is fitting to have the release notes indicate significant changes that are part of the update.

I would guess it is being done as a separate update, most likely as a push update, so that app and browser versions are updated at the same time. The Version updates are the ones we have to download for the app and they are almost never available the same day the browser is updated.

Silver Lady

So I’m thinking that my little experimental city that doesn’t have a barracks, only two AWs (GA Lt & CL L2 which I will no longer be able to upgrade) and no evolving buildings is the best positioned city I have. With no AWs my tournament cost will be lower and since I won’t be spending goods to upgrade AWs I’ll have more goods available for tournament & Spire. With nothing to spend RRs on it’s too bad I can’t frag them because then I could do more crafting, but at least the SF & CC I get can be dedicated to crafting.

getmomo

I would guess it is being done as a separate update, most likely as a push update, so that app and browser versions are updated at the same time. The Version updates are the ones we have to download for the app and they are almost never available the same day the browser is updated.

What do you mean they have to be downloaded for the app? I have never had to do anything to get an update.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The upcoming event is going to offer a selection of 3 3x3 evolving buildings. They share an artifact type and only evolve to stage 5. My understanding is that there are sorceries offered in the event which will summon your choice of the 3 base buildings. 1 of the new buildings (Potionmaker's Pedastal) is going to give a Combining Catalyst daily if fully evolved to stage 5.

It should be possible to win 2 of these and fully evolve them. Maybe 3, although I have not played the event in Beta so I'm not sure how difficult that would be. But if you can win and evolve 2 of these, that should take a lot of the pain out of needing CCs to upgrade AWs with. It still won't solve the issue of needing massive amounts of spell fragments and royal restorations, but it is a start...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you make it to 260, you get 3 tomes and 8 artifacts. If you make it to 320, I think, and make gold, you would have 4 more artifacts and could max one of each, or three of the same one, or a combination.

One gives seeds and 1 CC. One gives mana and a 3-pt AK. One gives troops and 3 kp. Each gives a different tier-2 sentient good.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Screenshot_20240118_080401_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20240118_080406_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20240118_080410_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20240118_080427_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20240118_080433_Discord.jpg

[EDIT] Made the screenshots smaller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black watch

It's a game killer...
Catch-22 and does nothing but counter what a BUILDING game should be.
Why does INNO keep doing the opposite of building within this game?
And when they do something good, it's only a matter of time before they nerf it in some way that further enhances the negative.
I'm just disgusted.
The only reason I'm still playing is that I'm AM of Tuatha Morrigan... We've just reached 13th in rankings (before this update) and I'm loathe to leave my folks flatfooted. At this point, I don't know what I can do though.
We are all pissed off... seriously mad about this AW change and we feel that INNO has violated this game. Their Game is now almost not playable.
My two cents... though I'll be surprised if anyone is left to read this.

Pheryll

Set Designer

Anonglitch01/22/2024 at 4:14 AM​

Dear Humans and Elves, We have a new Event coming up!

Tournament of Magic - Live from January 29th​

Even amidst the weighty affairs of the Elvarian Sorcerers Society, where the most potent sorcerers grapple with worldly and otherworldly concerns, the allure of delightful games proves irresistible. Enter the dazzling Tournament of Magic, where prowess, skill, and enchantments converge in a grand competition! Bold sorcerers from every corner of the world showcase their expertise in specialized arenas. This year's challenge centers on 'power over life,' where sorcerers from all three disciplines display their mastery in front of esteemed judges, who themselves are renowned sorcerers. Unlock the secrets within the Tome of Sorcerer Trials and select from three extraordinary main prizes. Will you choose to master the arts of all three disciplines or focus your expertise on a singular path? The choice lies in your hands! Join the sorcerers' tournament and immerse yourself in the magic firsthand!

Main Prizes: Potionmakers Pedestal, Arcane Arena, Chthonic Circle​

You can choose from three main prizes, all found within the Tome of Sorcerer Trials. During the event, you can aim to acquire all three unique prizes or select multiples of the same building. The main buildings produce Culture, Population, Royal Velvet, Seeds, Combining Catalyst, Arcane Ink, Mana, Obsidian, Banshees, and Knowledge Points, depending on the building and evolution stage.

New Decorations (1x1) are coming!​

You can acquire Pristine Tree, Infinite Drop, Firefly Pond, and Floral Ringlet buildings that produce Culture. https://innogam.es/OX_TournamentofMagic_1 This event will also feature the Leagues system, as well as the Royal Prize Pass. We're happy to hear your feedback on the dedicated channel: ⁠[link removed] Kind regards, Your Elvenar Team (edited)

Pheryll

Set Designer

Solaris - US01/23/2024 at 4:04 AM​

Ancient Wonders Improvements​

Hello! Following the Ancient Wonders changes we implemented last week, we want now to highlight some of them a bit more. Initially, we put the focus on the few big nerfs, because we wanted to be fully transparent with you and explain why they were happening. We know they were controversial for some of you. In our first announcement, we also mentioned that most Ancient Wonders had their bonus improved and we now want to share some precise examples.
Below, you will find a list with some of the most evident improvements, with precise numbers comparing how they were before and after the changes. In most cases the new benefits are way stronger than before as you advance in the game. Thank you for all the feedback you have shared on this topic so far, we sincerely appreciate it and we will keep listening and acting upon it.

:ancientwonder:
Tome of Secrets​

Before:
  • Was providing rewards per Scout – now rewards per Main Quest
  • Used to push players to scout too often, too soon and thus too expensive
  • In later chapters, scouting becomes less frequent, so it doesn’t help much anymore
Now: the effect puts Supplies in every single Main Quest, providing a way more stable additional income of Supplies Example:
  • Chapter 10, AW Level 10, Main Hall Level 24 => Supplies Cap: 1.54M
    • Before: 0.16 x 30 Scouts x 1.54M = 7.39M Supplies
    • After: 0.12 x 43 Quests x 1.54M = 7.95M Supplies
  • Chapter 20, AW Level 20, Main Hall Level 44 => Supplies Cap: 18.0 M
    • Before: 0.28 x 40 Scouts x 18.0M = 202M Supplies
    • After: 0.196 x 88 Quests x 18.0M = 310M Supplies

Endless Excavation​

Before:
  • Used to reward a few relics for finishing a Province – which happens less and less in higher chapters
  • Now rewards twice as many Relics when receiving a mystical object
  • Which is initially less frequent than finishing a Province, but later it is comparable (considering you get twice as many Relics)
Now: it gives only Relics that you actually need to boost your Goods production

The Great Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse​

Before: was looking at your completed Provinces, thus setting wrong incentives to complete Provinces too soon (when it was also more expensive)
Now: looks at your Squad Size and thus rewards you for unlocking the respective Technologies Squad Size is a number that grows way better than “completed Provinces”, so this effect also grows way better than before, where it became fairly weak in higher chapters Example:
  • Chapter 10, AW Level 10, 220 Provinces completed, Squad Size 1689
    • Before: 8 x 220 = 1760
    • After: 1.2 x 1689 = 2027
  • Chapter 20, AW Level 20, 600 Provinces completed, Squad Size 8109
    • Before: 14 x 600 = 8,400
    • After: 2 x 8109 = 16,2K

Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms​

Before: it increased your Training Capacity based on the combined Armory Levels in your city – you needed an ever-increasing number of Armories to keep this effect meaningful
Now: it looks at your current Squad Size, which grows reliably without the need to build more and more buildings over time Example:
  • Chapter 11, AW Level 10, Squad Size 2115
    • New effect: 0,9 x 2115 = 1903
    • In the old setup you needed at least 5 Armories to have this effect.
  • Chapter 20, AW Level 20, Squad Size 8109
    • New effect: 1,47 x 8109 = 11,9K
    • In the old setup you needed at least 10 Armories to have this effect.

Enar’s Embassy​

Before: you got some Mana per Scout, which became less and less frequent over time – a weak effect especially for such a big building!
Now: you receive a certain amount of Mana per Tournament Point at the end of each Tournament – so the effect scales greatly with your effort, and the building will give a lot more Mana than before if you earn a decent amount of Tournament Points Example:
  • Chapter 12, AW Level 10, 30 Scouts, 280 Provinces completed, 140K Required Culture, 12 weeks of playtime
    • Old effect: 160 x 30 Scouts x 280 Provinces = 1,34M Mana
    • In the new setup, you would need to achieve 1800 Tournament Points every week to receive as much Mana. More points => more Mana!
  • Chapter 20, AW Level 20, 40 Scouts, 600 Provinces unlocked, 750K Required Culture, 16 weeks of playtime, 1500 Tournament Points
    • Old effect: 280 x 40 Scouts x 600 Provinces = 6,72M Mana
    • In the new setup, you would need to achieve 750 Tournament Points every week to receive as much Mana. If you achieved 1800 Tournament Points, you would get more than double the Mana than before.

Maze of the Dark Matter​

Before: mana production was dependent on completed Provinces
Now: it looks at your Supplies Capacity, which grows way faster than your amount of completed Provinces So, the higher the chapter you reach, the bigger the difference to the old effect will be; if you are playing the latest chapter, this effect can be almost 10 times stronger than before Example:
  • Chapter 13, AW Level 10, 320 Provinces completed, Main Hall Level 30 => Supplies Cap: 3.1M
    • Before: 8 x 320 Provinces = 2560 Mana
    • After: 0.0038 x 3.1M = 11.8K Mana
  • Chapter 20, AW Level 20, 600 Provinces completed, Main Hall Level 44 => Supplies Cap: 18.0M
    • Before: 14 x 600 Provinces = 8400 Mana
    • After: 0.0049 x 18M = 88.2K Mana

Sunset Towers​

Before: the Seeds amount it puts into Neighborly Help chest grew only very slowly with upgrades of the Main Hall
Now: this amount grows way faster since it is tied to your Squad Size If you are in one of our latest chapters, you will have noticed a big bump. Example:
  • Chapter 14, AW Level 10, Main Hall Level 32, Squad Size 3681
    • Before: 64 x 32 = 2048 Divine Seeds
    • After: 0.9 x 3681 = 3313 Divine Seeds
  • Chapter 20, AW Level 20, Main Hall Level 44, Squad Size 8109
    • Before: 112 x 44 = 4928 Divine Seeds
    • After: 1.47 x 8109 = 11.9K Divine Seeds

Spire Library and Tournament Arena​

Before: the amounts didn’t scale at all with your progress in the game
Now: they provide additional ways to earn Ranking Points This means that these buildings remain essential for everyone who plays through the content and wants to have a high spot in the Rankings. Example:
  • Chapter 17, AW Level 10, Squad Size 5679
    • Before: 5 Ranking Points per Crystal / Tournament Chest
    • After: 0.006 x 5679 = 34 Ranking Points per Crystal / Tournament Chest
  • Chapter 20, AW Level 20, Squad Size 8109
    • Before: 10 Ranking Points per Crystal / Tournament Chest
    • After: 0.0098 x 8109 = 79 Ranking Points per Crystal / Tournament Chest

Last edited: