• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Discord - May Contain Info!

Myne

Oh Wise One
Well, I attempted to quote from that announcement to address specific points. I see that is no longer possible.
As a player desperately hoping for a return to sanity....what I gleaned from that was that are basically giving us the raspberry. Things will stay as they are, period.
They also state that they made the changes based on feedback. Feedback from who????????? Certainly not those of us in the live worlds. I think I would have remembered a poll asking me if I wished them to make the game/wonders come to a complete standstill.
I also see they also make the remark that they want the game to last as long as possible for us. WHY? Are they planning to stop producing chapters????

Pheryll

Set Designer
I also see they also make the remark that they want the game to last as long as possible for us. WHY? Are they planning to stop producing chapters????

It might have to do with the slow release of chapters, given the scouting requirements for each chapter entail a good amount of time spent.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
they have stated there is around (or at least) 30 chapters planned. So that comment is last referring to setting things up in such a way that they will last through to ch 30. So elements of the wonders was not working or would not work through to ch 30 without change.

Whether or not we agree with them on specific aspects one clear example was wonders that were losing their power every chapter as what they linked to did not scale well.

BrinDarby

Whether or not we agree
( in general ) 100% with ya there Mykan
So elements of the wonders was not working or would not work through to ch 30 without change.
one clear example was wonders that were losing their power every chapter as what they linked to did not scale well.

Isn't this a case of :
new code/content that works with exsisting game,
even if that means a bit more finness to achieve it.... or
new code/content with no finness, that hinges on
changing substantially the current game.

Either way, new code/content must be dev'd/written
but only 1 of those shatters the trust between mgmt
and the playerbase.

Its also possible that those AWs had diminishing returns
to balance somewhat endgame players and the rest of us.
Now, that imbalance is back, just its harder to achieve
the imbalance. Thats apparent from the reports of those
whom have everything max'd and they said they were
more powerfull now.

I can support your premise of necessary chgs to facilitate
the future, but those chgs could've be done with the future
code/content not exsisting code. I cannot support the premise
where the only way to add new content, is to change the whole
game 1st. It shows a lack of ingenuity on the Dev's part. (to me)

AussieChick

I spent my diamonds on the game as it was.
Its like purchasing and paying for a V8 engine in my car and come out one morning to find the manufacturers have decided they only want a small engine in that model.
They steal my engine which I paid for and say there ya go, sorry bout your luck.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Its also possible that those AWs had diminishing returns
to balance somewhat endgame players and the rest of us.
Now, that imbalance is back, just its harder to achieve
the imbalance. Thats apparent from the reports of those
whom have everything max'd and they said they were
more powerfull now.

If you are broaching that possibility, then the "new management" would have been back at around chapter 17-18 when the amounts of goods, orcs, etc. went beyond what was previously balanced to the required provinces of the chapter. This new direction was allowed to persist, and because of it the ancient wonders were made to also be scaled to the new direction with this recent change.

Pheryll

Set Designer

Anonglitch02/12/2024 at 3:51 AM​

Hi everyone!

Version 1.193​

It will go live on the EN servers from February 13th and all other servers from February 15th. On Mobile, the version will be available during that same week.

Improvements
:building:

• We have seen your feedback about getting something back from Ancient Wonders you no longer need and also to be able to convert Combining Catalyst into Spell Fragments, and we are now adding these options:
    • When selling an Ancient Wonder you'll now earn 1 Royal Restoration (RR) and 2 Combining Catalysts (CC) per level of your Ancient Wonder.
    • 3 new recipes were added that convert Combining Catalyst into Spell Fragments.
  • Missing Royal Restorations in build and upgrade costs can now be replaced with Diamonds.
    • Developer note: Previously, crafting Royal Restorations in the Magic Academy was the sole option to get them by using Diamonds. We are adding this direct option for your convenience after having seen some of you have asked for it last week. Crafting at the Magic Academy remains the cheapest way to access additional RR with Diamonds. Now you simply have a more direct way, available on demand, also for smaller quantities where you don't need to spend additional Spell Fragments or take up a crafting slot.
  • 2 new Elven portraits and 2 new Human portraits are added for players in chapter 3 and above.
  • New sorting for the Inventory was added, now you can sort by date received. (this will go live on all servers on February 15th EN including)
  • We have added a content linked to the upcoming Blessing of the Phoenix event.

Some bugs have been fixed​

• The Ancient Wonder Shrine of the Champions now gives the correct amount of Ranking Points.
  • We fixed a bug that prevented the players from recruiting troops.
  • The order of the Ancients Wonders in the Gallery has been fixed.
  • A display issue has been fixed in the messages tab, sometimes the messages with very long titles were cut off.
  • We fixed an issue that prevented from watching an ad on the first try.
  • When too many players in the fellowship reach the last chest in Spire of Eternity, the tooltip is cut off on the top. Now it is visible to all participants.
  • An incorrect time format in Spire of Eternity Progression Bubble was fixed.(mobile)
  • Other minor bugs have been fixed.
Do not hesitate to let us know your feedback on the changes by leaving a comment in: [link removed] Thank you for your help and assistance!

AussieChick

Hi everyone!

Version 1.193​

It will go live on the EN servers from February 13th and all other servers from February 15th. On Mobile, the version will be available during that same week.

Improvements

• We have seen your feedback about getting something back from Ancient Wonders you no longer need and also to be able to convert Combining Catalyst into Spell Fragments, and we are now adding these options:
    • When selling an Ancient Wonder you'll now earn 1 Royal Restoration (RR) and 2 Combining Catalysts (CC) per level of your Ancient Wonder.
    • 3 new recipes were added that convert Combining Catalyst into Spell Fragments.
  • Missing Royal Restorations in build and upgrade costs can now be replaced with Diamonds.
    • Developer note: Previously, crafting Royal Restorations in the Magic Academy was the sole option to get them by using Diamonds. We are adding this direct option for your convenience after having seen some of you have asked for it last week. Crafting at the Magic Academy remains the cheapest way to access additional RR with Diamonds. Now you simply have a more direct way, available on demand, also for smaller quantities where you don't need to spend additional Spell Fragments or take up a crafting slot.
  • 2 new Elven portraits and 2 new Human portraits are added for players in chapter 3 and above.
  • New sorting for the Inventory was added, now you can sort by date received. (this will go live on all servers on February 15th EN including)

• The Ancient Wonder Shrine of the Champions now gives the correct amount of Ranking Points.
  • A display issue has been fixed in the messages tab, sometimes the messages with very long titles were cut off.
  • When too many players in the fellowship reach the last chest in Spire of Eternity, the tooltip is cut off on the top. Now it is visible to all participants.
  • An incorrect time format in Spire of Eternity Progression Bubble was fixed.(mobile)
Do not hesitate to let us know your feedback on the changes by leaving a comment in: [link removed] Thank you for your help and assistance!
Ahhh yes, we asked to spend diamonds on getting RR spells!
Actually with everything that was yelled and screamed about, in the forum and Discord, us spending real money to do the levelling that was free a couple of weeks ago, that is what you have taken and run with? Holy Crud, its a freaking joke!!

Dukester69

Hi everyone!

Version 1.193​

Improvements

Thank you Pheryll for sharing this for the non discord members.

Actually with everything that was yelled and screamed about, in the forum and Discord, us spending real money to do the levelling that was free a couple of weeks ago, that is what you have taken and run with? Holy Crud, its a freaking joke!!
And Aussie Nailed it too. Thank you Inno for proving that all these changes are only about them making money! Normally I would spend some money on the season of dreams and this event. But I refuse to spend money now!

BrinDarby

And Aussie Nailed it too.
Didn't you notice..... we get a Deal tho .....
We get to spend 66% more for 10 RRs... rechecking
The Beta community has said that the diamond cost for RR use is 50 diamonds per RR
so uhhh 1 BP(value 300d)+some CCs for 10 RRs.... Or
I can just spend 500d for those same 10 RRs.... Zoinks o_O

Thats just such a great deal :rolleyes: , Thanks Inno (claps)

AussieChick

Didn't you notice..... we get a Deal tho .....
We get to spend 66% more for 10 RRs... rechecking

so uhhh 1 BP(value 300d)+some CCs for 10 RRs.... Or
I can just spend 500d for those same 10 RRs.... Zoinks o_O

Thats just such a great deal :rolleyes: , Thanks Inno (claps)
Yep, all these changes had nothing to do with levelling the game.
It was totally Inno's way to dig money out of FTP people.
The price for RR dpells, as with everything they sell with diamonds, is a total and utter joke.
At least make it affordable.
Any one else take a look at the top 20 or so Fellowships lately?
They are all down on players and its getting worse. We have lost several already. In both my worlds :(

Pheryll

Set Designer
I don’t buy premium cultural buildings, but this seems like it ought to get a big ole BOO! You pay :diamond: for premium buildings you ought to at least get RRs back when you sell them. (Are you listening Inno?)
The flower cage (elven premium culture 1x1 building) costs only 26 diamonds. When buildings were assigned CC or RR rewards, the premium culture all were assigned RRs no matter how small the cost to buy them was. This meant 26 diamonds could have been used to purchase 1 RR, which defeats the 50 diamond per RR valuation that they now have.

Pheryll

Set Designer

Anonglitch02/13/2024 at 6:16 AM​

One additional change!
  • To avoid that a Premium Culture Building refund has more value than its costs, the following 5 buildings in the game will now grant Spell Fragments when sold instead of Royal Restorations: Magic Chasm (270 Spell Fragments), Barbecue Area (340 Spell Fragments), Royal Guard (260 Spell Fragments), Anchor Point (410 Spell Fragments), Flower Cage (153 Spell Fragments).

Dukester69

Yep, all these changes had nothing to do with levelling the game.
It was totally Inno's way to dig money out of FTP people.
The price for RR dpells, as with everything they sell with diamonds, is a total and utter joke.
At least make it affordable.
Any one else take a look at the top 20 or so Fellowships lately?
They are all down on players and its getting worse. We have lost several already. In both my worlds :(
We lost 5 active (Top) players 1 week after the change. Our AM was one of them. He is/was 3rd overall (since he quit 8th as a now) in C world. He lost over 1 mil in culture.

AND an AW update, I am backing up on AWs to level. Which means........ closer to the end of my game :(

Still hope inno has more postitive changes before that happens.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Elovios - US02/27/2024 at 2:44 AM
Hi everyone!

Version 1.194​

It will go live on the EN servers from February 27th and all other servers from February 29th. On Mobile, the version will be available during that same week. Some bugs have been fixed
  • Sometimes when the players were trying to change their password, they were receiving an incorrect error message.
  • Some CH3 portrait images were missing and not showing properly, now they will be there
  • We have fixed an issue that prevented the players from opening the shop. (mobile)
Do not hesitate to let us know your feedback on the changes by leaving a comment in ⁠Version 1.194 Thank you for your help and assistance!

Pheryll

Set Designer

Anonglitch02/28/2024 at 5:24 AM​

Blessing of the Phoenix - On EN and US from March 7th​

In the heart of the desert, under the scorching sun, the Folk of Zaharim prepare for their most cherished event - the Blossoming of the Verdant Phoenix. As the day approaches, a young Zaharim herbalist stumbles upon a curious, vibrant green cactus unlike any other. She notices its peculiar, pulsating glow and feels an unexplainable energy emanating from it. Word spreads quickly through the Zaharim camp, igniting a mix of excitement and apprehension. The night before the Blossoming, the entire Folk of Zaharim gather around the mysterious cactus, which now stands tall and radiant under the starlit sky. As they watch in awe, the cactus begins to transform, revealing the magnificent Verdant Phoenix, its feathers a tapestry of lush greens and vibrant hues. However, the appearance of the Phoenix is just the beginning. The Zaharim soon discovers that wherever the Phoenix flies, it leaves a trail of lush, blooming flora in the barren sands, turning parts of the desert into temporary oases. But with this sudden burst of life comes a challenge – the oases attract various desert creatures, some friendly, others not so much. As the Folk of Zaharim navigates this new bounty, they must balance their excitement with caution. Will they harness the blessings of the Verdant Phoenix to thrive, or will the sudden abundance prove too overwhelming for their desert haven? Join the event to find out and be part of the unfolding story of the Zaharim and the majestic Verdant Phoenix. (edited)

Main Prize: Verdant Phoenix with new pet effect!​

The new pet effect provides another means to get season petals. While active, Season Daily Chest gives additional petals. The main building produces Culture, Population, Rangers, Unurium, Mana, and Knowledge Points, depending on the chapter.

New Garden is coming!​

You will be able to acquire the beautiful Garden of Tales and Thorns buildings that produce Culture and Population. This event will also feature the Leagues system and the Royal Prize Pass. Check the video out: https://innogam.es/OX_BlessingOfThePhoenix_1 We're happy to hear your feedback in the dedicated channel: [link removed] (edited)