• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs - surviving them with less pain

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Oh. My. God. I just revised my city plans for fairies and orcs and even 12 winter stars will not be enough for my pop needs.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/96f40c524256447ab69e1767c5c13d27/
That's my plan for orcs, based off getting 10 Winter Stars.
The level 1 shrooms eventually get replaced by rally points, but to start I'll have 74 mushroom farms.
The houses look funny because I will need to remove the 8xL17 houses completely and upgrade 26xL19 in that space.
That will give me enough pop to upgrade everything to orc max.

I'm still not sure if I'll leave all orc goods buildings at level 1 or if I will do some upgrading. I have a little time, so I may delve deep into the math... care to join me?:eek:

DeletedUser2963

lol @natedogg01
I am in the second dwarf section, when I was in chapter 4 I geared up for dwarves :)....in chapter 5 I started planning for fairies, and have just started shifting now, but looked ahead and am DRASTICALLY shrinking my city as much as possible for orcs!!! :)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Can anyone tell me how to find out how many orcs (for negotiating) you have build in your armory, one of my members asked and I don't have the armory upgraded that far yet?

DeletedUser4778

I'm still not sure if I'll leave all orc goods buildings at level 1 or if I will do some upgrading. I have a little time, so I may delve deep into the math... care to join me?:eek:

Most definitely. I'll crunch out some numbers when I have a better idea of what orcs will entail. Probably after flurry is over. I do expect to be in orcs for months and months since I won't have as much time in the new year which is why I was rushing everything while I still have time.

DeletedUser3640

Not just you. The wood elves may be my last race. I am so bored. It has turned into a real snoozefest. I don't have any room for the tons of things you need and I won't destroy my whole city again...besides....I need all the culture/mana buildings now and can't do that. Because of all the stupid new "don't scout" stuff and the stupidly high scouting times anyway, I don't have room for this race. You really need to buy expansions to have the room for the woodelves. It is a lovely race, but it is so slow I just don't care about the game any more. I am not angry, or passionate, or fighting for anything. I just simply don't care. I make 200 mana tears a day and I need 3000 to get something done. Yeah sure. Oh, I could make more if I sat here every 3 hours to get them, but there just isn't anything for me to do except that, and it isn't worth it to sign in just for that and there is no other time frame to make them in. Whatever. Fighting has become wayyyyyyy too complicated for me and I don't care about it at all either. What difference would it make if I did care? I don't have any room to put up all these new military buildings because again, I don't have any room. All I seem to do is log in and do chores every day. Instead of an interesting puzzle, this game has become chores and watching paint dry. The contest is cool, but I don't have any room to put any buildings down anyway, so whatever. For me it all boils down to no room means no game mostly. These end races just take sooooo much space and there isn't any space to put them in.

So....when game is fast, people are whining because they get to the end of tech tree and then have nothing to do anymore (even though AWs are a thing, people are still whining for some reason). When game becomes a little slower, people start whining because they can't get to the end of tech tree as fast as they expected to/wanted to. Ehmm...hello, common sense? What do you want devs to do, release new content every day/week?

Noone is forcing you to destroy your city, and no, you don't need to buy extra expansions, people get that into your heads for once. It's YOUR choice to rush through the chapter.

Build half of the "necessary" buildings and put your KP into one of your AW when you're "tech locked" or help your FS member/neighbor with that - boom, done, your problems are instantly solved. You realise that you'll do that eventually, right? Tech tree is not endless, and at some point you'll have free KP.

Oh, getting to the end of tech tree as fast as possible is your ultimate goal in this game? Fine, same logic - it's YOUR goal, stop whining.

I admire that one guy in this thread who said that he won't build as many farms/rally points as "advanced" players said. This game needs more people with common sense and less people who are constantly complaining about game not matching (or being in line with) their personal goals and/or preferences.

DeletedUser4778

I think that I will officially start disliking guest races when I hit orcs. So much of my city will be overtaken by them. Of course I could choose to go the long route by keeping most of my city and just go through the chapter muuuuuch longer, especially since I won't have as much time for the game as before. Ho hum. But yeah, I'm with Bobbikitty in thinking orcs or woodelves will be my last race. I don't see the point in playing a game that gets more and more claustrophobic with each guest race. It was bad enough before but it's going to reach ridiculously intolerable levels in orcs for me. I liked the mid-chapters and now understand so much better why so many of the cities around me stopped before entering dwarves or orcs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3696

So....when game is fast, people are whining because they get to the end of tech tree and then have nothing to do anymore (even though AWs are a thing, people are still whining for some reason). When game becomes a little slower, people start whining because they can't get to the end of tech tree as fast as they expected to/wanted to. Ehmm...hello, common sense? What do you want devs to do, release new content every day/week?

Noone is forcing you to destroy your city, and no, you don't need to buy extra expansions, people get that into your heads for once. It's YOUR choice to rush through the chapter.

Build half of the "necessary" buildings and put your KP into one of your AW when you're "tech locked" or help your FS member/neighbor with that - boom, done, your problems are instantly solved. You realise that you'll do that eventually, right? Tech tree is not endless, and at some point you'll have free KP.

Oh, getting to the end of tech tree as fast as possible is your ultimate goal in this game? Fine, same logic - it's YOUR goal, stop whining.

I admire that one guy in this thread who said that he won't build as many farms/rally points as "advanced" players said. This game needs more people with common sense and less people who are constantly complaining about game not matching (or being in line with) their personal goals and/or preferences.
Perhaps I missed it, but when do the advanced players whine about being done in the tech tree? I know I certainly did not and cannot remember anyone specifically 'whining' that there was no tech to research.

Ironic isn't it how you are whining about others you perceive to be whining :p

DeletedUser3696

I think that I will officially start disliking guest races when I hit orcs. So much of my city will be overtaken by them. Of course I could choose to go the long route by keeping most of my city and just go through the chapter muuuuuch longer, especially since I won't have as much time for the game as before. Ho hum. But yeah, I'm with Bobbikitty in thinking orcs or woodelves will be my last race. I don't see the point in playing a game that gets more and more claustrophobic with each guest race. It was bad enough before but it's going to reach ridiculously intolerable levels in orcs for me. I liked the mid-chapters and now understand so much better why so many of the cities around me stopped before entering dwarves or orcs.
While Bobbykitty got rid of some residences on top of culture, I only chose to get rid of culture which meant I was rebuilt within a week of finishing the orc chapter (only 2 builders). Once you've built up your farms/rally points and have them humming along (knowing how much of everything to produce is key to keep everything humming along) you'll progress just fine with something like 80/6.

DeletedUser4778

While Bobbykitty got rid of some residences on top of culture, I only chose to get rid of culture which meant I was rebuilt within a week of finishing the orc chapter (only 2 builders). Once you've built up your farms/rally points and have them humming along (knowing how much of everything to produce is key to keep everything humming along) you'll progress just fine with something like 80/6.

Even at the max # of expansions for orcs (which I am probably miscalculating since I'm not sure how many expansions I can get from provinces), I will be able to fit only 43 mushroom farms and 3 rally points. That's if I get 12 winter stars and keep my current # of 38 residences. My plan is now to upgrade the minimum # of manufactories, residences, and workshops I am going to keep in orcs and then sell the rest. I have no problem with selling and rebuilding but it looks like each guest race will take up more and more space which is not commensurate to the number of expansions that we get from the tech tree or world map. The way I see it, it's keep most of your city but progress much more slowly through a guest race (which would be fine with me if there were more interesting things to do than collect, reset, collect, reset, ad nauseam) or keep a shell of a town and progress faster (only to be halted by whatever wall the devs put up next or the lack of a new chapter). Either way doesn't sound very interesting to me.

SoggyShorts

Even at the max # of expansions for orcs (which I am probably miscalculating since I'm not sure how many expansions I can get from provinces), I will be able to fit only 43 mushroom farms and 3 rally points
Do you have an elvenarchitect of your orc plan?

DeletedUser4778

Do you have an elvenarchitect of your orc plan?
Nope, just excel, so it's easy enough to put up in Elven Architect. I'll do so once I've gotten back into the swing of things. My sleep cycle has been weird this week, probably the backlash from back-to-back boosted tourneys and flurry and granite.

SoggyShorts

Nope, just excel, so it's easy enough to put up in Elven Architect. I'll do so once I've gotten back into the swing of things. My sleep cycle has been weird this week, probably the backlash from back-to-back boosted tourneys and flurry and granite.
OK, let me know if you do, I'm curious to see how our plans differ. I'm guessing by your 38 planned residences that you must have more factories than I do.

DeletedUser43

Anyone providing feedback about their game experience is what this forum is designed for. Anyone providing feedback about other people is the worst kind of complaining.

I hate this place sometimes. It is so ugly.

DeletedUser3696

Even at the max # of expansions for orcs (which I am probably miscalculating since I'm not sure how many expansions I can get from provinces), I will be able to fit only 43 mushroom farms and 3 rally points. That's if I get 12 winter stars and keep my current # of 38 residences. My plan is now to upgrade the minimum # of manufactories, residences, and workshops I am going to keep in orcs and then sell the rest. I have no problem with selling and rebuilding but it looks like each guest race will take up more and more space which is not commensurate to the number of expansions that we get from the tech tree or world map. The way I see it, it's keep most of your city but progress much more slowly through a guest race (which would be fine with me if there were more interesting things to do than collect, reset, collect, reset, ad nauseam) or keep a shell of a town and progress faster (only to be halted by whatever wall the devs put up next or the lack of a new chapter). Either way doesn't sound very interesting to me.
I seem to remember using 18 expansions worth of space, but maybe I used more at the end. Anyways, I'm contest locked for space at the moment and have only about 6 expansions used for woodelves at the moment and think about 2 more will get me moving along a bit better. Obviously 6 more would be ideal and maybe with some winter stars I can sell some residences, but I'm already only using willows for culture (except 2 father frozen trees and my scream of Halloween).
I will also add that I am going extremely slowly at the moment and making almost no progress!! I'm not too bothered by it as I'm upgrading my 3 AWs and there is no future chapter(s) at the moment.

dikke ikke

Everybody has to play on with the consequences of decisions they made before. If you don't want to have no Magic Academy because you find it to big or to ugly, then don't complain about lack of supplies or goods because you choose not to be able to create spells to boost your work shops or factories. If you don't join tournaments for whatever reason, don't complain you run out of relics. If you stick to the bare minimum of provinces requested by the chests, don't complain about having space problems ... Every decision earlier in the game has consequences for the rest of the game and most of the time it takes space to fix the problem. My problem is that I wanted to have every type of factory, also the non boosted ones, now at orc level I will finally drop the non boosted ones and hope I can get 3 tier 3, 6 tier 2 and 12 tier 1 factories, for tier 3 and 2 the space can easily be found, for tier 1 there is only space for 6 at the moment. That are my consequences for decisions made earlier in the game, for the rest I feel like I am still in the goldie locks zone :) even if it takes more and more effort

DeletedUser2963

@dikke, might want to consider 2 tier 3 and 3-4 tier 2, I am in chapter 6 shrinking my city for orcs(already have room for fairies) and I have found that 2 tier 3(one not even fully upgraded) are providing me with a small increase daily. I currently have 4 tier 2, making a profit on those as well, considering dropping another :). I have 7 tier 1, and am upgrading them across the board, losing ground on my savings, will re-evaluate after they are fully upgraded.

This would obviously not work for someone past the GZ.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1016

My problem is that I wanted to have every type of factory, also the non boosted ones, now at orc level I will finally drop the non boosted ones
...not necessarily dikke ikke. I'm in the Wood Elf chapter and I have taken the same approach with my city and still have every type of manufactories. I'm a none diamond player, so it's possible to continue on that path. I'll admit it's a struggle, but very doable. The only "multiples" that I have are the marble goods [tier 1] because they are slower to produce then the other tiers, otherwise I have only one of each.