• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs - surviving them with less pain

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have 20 farms and 2 rally points at the moment, the rally points are idle half of the time but my farms are working 24/7
Depending on where you are at with orcs you may want to consider pumping the spare time activities, you use those like a beast late in the era so you will want to stockpile a huge qty.

DeletedUser2870

l tend to go through the orcs with 40-50 shroomfarms and 3 rallypoints. Works ok for me.
Slow start because I invest heavily in hardshrooms and psychoshrooms first to upgrade the portal, then the rest to lvl 2, then the portal to 4, then the rest to 4,
I reserve 3 or 4 farms for the wisdom shrooms at first to keep the supply up a bit so lm not stuck too bad, but even if that does happen, so be it. One needs a really huge amount of hardshrooms and psychoshrooms so thats what I start with

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Last edited:

DeletedUser4630

At the rate I am going even as a daily player, I am probably looking at June-July when I get to orcs. Just starting chapter V.

DeletedUser2870

@SoggyShorts
I guess everyone will have to find their own perfect solution. I used 3 rps at first because you heed a lot of shrooms. Near the end I put up a 4th rp, but they do take up a lot of space.
Partly into the orcs again now and Im doing ok with 44 farms and 3 rps, but I ll probably set up more when I finish upgrading the residences. Since the pop boost for those is considerable I will probably sell of several because the additional space needed makes it impossible to upgrade them all. Space freed up that way I ll use for one more rp and more farms.

edit: just make sure you have at least 3 armories to breed orcs or you may run short. Just for this chapter I built a third and I ll tear it down again since its no use for me besides that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkadia

I respectfully disagree with deleting everything when u get into Orcs.
I only sold a couple buildings, was able to build 3 RPs and I believe 22 or 24 farms and got through Orcs just fine. I had 4 Armories(breeding Grounds) n was spitting out Orcs as soon as I could. Make sure u keep that going all the time.
I wish someone told me to level up everything asap so it would help me get through it quicker. Ya it was slow, but only because i hated the depressing look of the Orc buildings, esp after the pretty flowers of the Fairies ;)

DeletedUser4778

@SoggyShorts
I guess everyone will have to find their own perfect solution. I used 3 rps at first because you heed a lot of shrooms. Near the end I put up a 4th rp, but they do take up a lot of space.
Partly into the orcs again now and Im doing ok with 44 farms and 3 rps, but I ll probably set up more when I finish upgrading the residences. Since the pop boost for those is considerable I will probably sell of several because the additional space needed makes it impossible to upgrade them all. Space freed up that way I ll use for one more rp and more farms.

edit: just make sure you have at least 3 armories to breed orcs or you may run short. Just for this chapter I built a third and I ll tear it down again since its no use for me besides that.
That's encouraging. My tentative design for the last phase in Orcs at the maximum number of expansions I can get is 43 farms and 3 RPs. No blooming trader considering my rotten luck at getting runes for the 2 AWs I actually want. My plan will most likely need to be adjusted due to lack of upgraded workshops. I'll need to sell a silk factory to have space for another armory. I was originally planning on gems until I realized I need Tier 3 goods for orcs. Can't sell residences since I only have 38 and will have slight pop crisis and major culture crisis at the end of orcs. It's the in-between from Phase I to the last phase of orcs that concerns me considering how long it takes to get expansions which is why I'm trying to stockpile goods now because I will probably try to get the max # of expansions for that chapter as fast as I can even if I have to negotiate everything instead of fighting.

DeletedUser61

do the armeries and barrcks need to be at orc level to be functional
To negotiate beyond ring 10 you have to have Orcs, and you also need them to upgrade some of the buildings, so yes.

For the Barracks, not so much. Upgrading doesn't general single units any faster, you can just give orders less often.

dikke ikke

objective 1 reached, portal at level 4 in orcs level, now let's go for that city expansion, trying to create as much dung and shrooms of wisdom as I can :)

Calenmir

Not at orcs yet and as of last check neither was anyone in my FS, BUT I have enjoyed reading the questions and experienced answers given. You all share so nicely and makes continuing in the game fun when at times it can be quite daunting.

I know I won't remember it all, I just hope I can find this thread again when I need it. And I'm probably premature with this thank you, because more questions and comments generate even more answers, but I just felt that hitting the 'like' button wasn't enough.

Excellent sharing here!

SoggyShorts

Phase 1 complete, just need to research rally points now
2z84t4y.png

DeletedUser4778

Of course I went over to visit @SoggyShorts's city right away hoping to see an orc city plan with the Mountain Halls so I know it's doable to get those darn halls. Sigh. No halls. Out of 10+ provinces and lord knows how many tourney provinces, I got only 1 MH rune. Another 1 I got from donating. Both broke. Has anyone calculated the ratio of runes breaking to runes being inserted? The constant disappointment is getting to me. Hehe.

SoggyShorts

that are a lot of farms, almost 60 ! Did you have to tear down part of your city for it ?
Just the special buildings from Chapter 7 (fairies) and some(9?) houses that I won't need in chapter 8, partly because of winter stars from event.
Also, I have 173 provinces cleared, so that gives me 2 more expansions than the minimum needed to get into orcs. (zero premium expansions), and I haven't gotten any expansions from the orc techs yet
My city now (start orcs)
My city end of orcs
The level 17 houses get nuked, and the 19s go to 21. I probably won't max all of the farms, not sure.
hoping to see an orc city plan with the Mountain Halls
I don't like the mountain halls.
The relic boost looks really powerful at first glance, but the difference between 700% and 710% is pretty negligible.
Even if you dump 1,100 KP into it to get to level 5, you only get 770 population, and a 4.8% boost to goods. For a 24 square building it just doesn't seem worth it to me.
Compared to the Prosperity towers that at level 1 is better than 2 max level workshops, and the Blooming trader that gives that sweet sweet portal production boost, it doesn't measure up.

Soggy's tip of the day:
If you haven't cleared enough provinces to get into orcs, scout like crazy, but do not clear them! Only go to 7/8 on each one to get the KP, and then after you unlock the awesome fairy wonders, finish them off for a chance at better runes. My Khelonaar city has almost all of ring 9 sitting at 7/8

Last edited:

DeletedUser4778

The relic boost looks really powerful at first glance, but the difference between 700% and 710% is pretty negligible.

Hm, now you've got me thinking. I will reassess and try to calculate Mountain Halls desirability after I've gotten enough sleep and brain cells.

If you haven't cleared enough provinces to get into orcs, scout like crazy, but do not clear them! Only go to 7/8 on each one to get the KP, and then after you unlock the awesome fairy wonders, finish them off for a chance at better runes. My Khelonaar city has almost all of ring 9 sitting at 7/8

I did this at the end of Dwarves and plan to do so at the end of Fairies because I seriously want the Blooming Trader Guild especially with that Scalper of a Wholesaler coming soon to a theater I don't wanna enter.

Thistleknot

Out of 10+ provinces and lord knows how many tourney provinces, I got only 1 MH rune. Another 1 I got from donating. Both broke. Has anyone calculated the ratio of runes breaking to runes being inserted? The constant disappointment is getting to me. Hehe.

You could always just wait until you complete the Wood Elves and work toward getting Enar's Embassay. That's a guaranteed rune once every 10 weeks at level 1. :cool:

I cannot complain about the Mountain Halls. Not that the population has been an issue since I stuffed in my winter wonderland. But the little bit of a boost (17%) is nice.

On the other hand, the Blooming Trader Guild has been awesome!:D My production started with a 5% boost as I finished building the BTG just before the Wood Elves chapter. I have it up to 10% now and I am still dumping KP into it. This is giving the little extra oomph that I need to get through this chapter. And since I dump a lot of coin at the wholesaler, getting 700 goods instead of 500 is great as well. My stockpile of goods is verging on the ridiculous. I'm rapidly approaching the million mark on all tier-1 and tier-2 goods.