• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

OUTRAGEOUS ELEMENTAL TRADES

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Deawyne You are correct, there is no tax man. Hovering on that blue thing just tells you you can only trade sentient goods with them.

My question is why does that one seller think someone even has 260,000 platinum to trade? No one should have that much. That's more platinum than you need to complete all of the techs in the chapter:rolleyes: It's enough to take 3 buildings from level 24 to 27...
I just looked at another one on your list, and he has enough stuff posted to upgrade his T4, so why not just spend it? Then again, he has planks, marble and steel buildings at level 24, so clearly he's a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

WolfSinger

I realize there are people out there posting terrible trades - but if a trade is up after the decay time - the amount offered will decay - while the amount asked for will NOT. So if someone posts a 1000 Moonstone for 1000 Platinum trade and it sits until after the decay hits it will drop to a 900 for 1000 trade and so on.

I've seen a few that fit for decay being a factor on Winyandor

DeletedUser3122

the amount offered will decay - while the amount asked for will NOT.

No, both the request and the offer decay. That's why it's a mystery to me why they post these trades. Nothing is gained, only lost, unless someone fills those trades. Take this Mordoreus as an example. He'll post around 100k of goods, asking for 400k (combined totals of one good), every single day. He can't be producing that much because he only has 2 T4 factories. He must be taking the trades down, then reposting daily.

DeletedUser5800

I've been trying to figure this out since the start of Elementals, I thought at first there must be some trick I was unaware of but I have been assured there isn't yet it still happens every day. It seems the same 4 or 5 of us trade 5K 1:1 every day or two and another handful only ever put up the most wack trades they can and I never see anything else from them or any taken by them. It's a mystery... and now one of the top FS has in their description that they are desperately looking for a moonstone boosted player like it isn't showing up outside the FS? Something is amiss, be it mass confusion or a more limited market than global or both. o_O

EDIT: Or I suppose it could be that a handful have figured out that some very top premium player with no patience will take them no matter what... I would never post one to find out... but I am tempted. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
It just occurred to me why some of these are happening because of a message in our FS. We have a few players who are finished Elementals. Some are continuing to produce T4 goods that they do not need to produce. They are producing them to help other FS members. Then they post 4 to 1 trades when somebody needs that T4 good. Since this subject seems to be a fairly new complaint, I'm wondering how many players who are finished Elementals are doing the same for their FS members. I'm guessing that may be a major contributor to this perceived problem.

DeletedUser3122

Some are continuing to produce T4 goods that they do not need to produce. They are producing them to help other FS members. Then they post 4 to 1 trades when somebody needs that T4 good.

Some of the people posting these trades are surely not done with the chapter. I started the chapter when it began and have far more buildings than the others posting 1:4 trades.

Aside from that, how do you figure that scalping people, asking for 4x as many goods as you give, "helping" other members?

DeletedUser5800

Aside from that, how do you figure that scalping people, asking for 4x as many goods as you give, "helping" other members?
I suppose they could have someone else that is finished telling them to post them and taking them whenever they come along... if that is the case I need a friend like that. LOL

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I suppose they could have someone else that is finished telling them to post them and taking them whenever they come along... if that is the case I need a friend like that. LOL
I'm just about done with T4, and I'll be asking FS members and pretty much anyone else I know to post little 1:4 trades soon. W&K worlds only though :(

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Some of the people posting these trades are surely not done with the chapter. I started the chapter when it began and have far more buildings than the others posting 1:4 trades.

Here is an example. Say I continued making moonstone and built up an unneeded inventory of it. Then when somebody in my FS who makes platinum needed 20,000 moonstone I would have them put up 5,000 platinum offer in exchange for 20,000 moonstone or even a more lopsided trade to help them out. It isn't meant for anybody else and I would get right on it to take that trade.

DeletedUser5800

If you need moonstone on E world I will start making it again to help you out. Not a problem!
Don't make any extra just for me... I'm actually making enough to ease right along... but it's awesome that you would! :cool:
I have luckily shorted myself on mana enough to be short on the last techs and give my one factory plenty of time. ;)
I've even started T1 upgrades I was going to wait until the end on just to not have it decay. :)

DeletedUser3122

Say I continued making moonstone and built up an unneeded inventory of it. Then when somebody in my FS who makes platinum needed 20,000 moonstone I would have them put up 5,000 platinum offer in exchange for 20,000 moonstone or even a more lopsided trade to help them out. It isn't meant for anybody else and I would get right on it to take that trade.

Deborah, I'm in the top 150 ranked players in Arendyll and in the Elemental chapter. I help out my own FS by doing just that, asking them to put up trades requesting 4X more than they offer, so that I can fill those for them. I do this when I'm online so the offers don't stand there daily, for a few weeks on end.

But Mordoreus is the only member in his FS that is in the Elemental chapter, and he's posting more trades than any member can fulfill. I still don't know why you're putting up scenarios like this.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Deborah, I'm in the top 150 ranked players in Arendyll and in the Elemental chapter. I help out my own FS by doing just that, asking them to put up trades requesting 4X more than they offer, so that I can fill those for them. I do this when I'm online so the offers don't stand there daily, for a few weeks on end.

But Mordoreus is the only member in his FS that is in the Elemental chapter, and he's posting more trades than any member can fulfill. I still don't know why you're putting up scenarios like this.

The question was why are people putting up "Outrageous Elemental Trades". That is even the name of the thread. I answered one of the reasons for those trades. Then you asked "Aside from that, how do you figure that scalping people, asking for 4x as many goods as you give, "helping" other members?" so I replied with an example.

Adding: Original post "I see that there is definitely no sense of fair play among some players at the Elemental level. Multiple posts at 3/1 ratios is beyond greedy:confused::confused:" so why would I not explain 4/1 trades?

BTW I am in the top 15 ranked players on Elcysandir and finished Elementals. I'm really wondering who put you in charge of who answers what questions and what their reply should be??

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

Play nice ladies....:eek::D:D:p:D:D:eek:

Screenshot_20.png

Screenshot_21.png

I go for the more balanced city...:p:D:p

Last edited by a moderator:

skeeter6060

not sure about in the elements and such and everyone talking about 1 star trades we do it all the time in our FS for new ans smaller players we make 4 - 1 all the time we have the players put them up and when we see them we complete them. cause we all know if we placed them the other way our players would never see them LOL so alot of what you are seeing could be due to that more then not

DeletedUser3507

Were discussing Elemental goods, such Platinum, Moonstones and Elven Tree Gum

DeletedUser3352

how do you figure that scalping people, asking for 4x as many goods as you give, "helping" other members?

Two reasons just from experience. Could be others that I havent encountered.

One, a FS that communicates and helps each other does this. Members that are done with elementals say they have surplus, and people in need should post 4:1 requests (because posting 4:1 giveaways will be snatched up by non-FS members).

Two, imagine two people both have half of what they need to start an upgrade (say, 11k of moonstone and gum to upgrade a steel manu). Rather than have both of them suffer decay overnight, one loans theirs to the other so that at least one of them can start their upgrade. Then when each has restocked to 11k of each, the loan is repaid. Less loss and upgrade started sooner.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't think anyone would be complaining if these were transient trades, small in number and only lasting a few hours. Consistent large numbers of trades are not really explainable by any of the reasonable suggestions people are posting.

I think part of it is that some people have gotten use to profiting off of mis-clicks, when the list of trades scrolls a different directions than you were expecting and you click a bad trade under you by clicking too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.