• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

OUTRAGEOUS ELEMENTAL TRADES

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3122

Adding a couple more filters wouldn't hurt either

Ya, I've seen you post that suggestion several times. It's a good one, but unfortunately it falls on deaf ears (or is too low a priority). Sifting through 16 pages of unfair and fair trades without adequate filters is something they should fix to avoid this frustration. In the mobile app, you can only filter by the type of good and it's one very, very long page of trades at times.

DeletedUser12171

Our FS does not allow unfair trades. Nor do we allow cross-tier fair trades. 0 and 1 star are unfair. 2 and 3 star are fair. The game has this rating system to help weed out what a trader does and does not want.

I'll put it in another way for you

Scenario 1:
John and Peter are random strangers. John's boost is tree gum and Peter's boost is platinum. Tree gum is in short supply on their server. John posts a 1-star trade - 10k Tree gum for 30k Platinum. Peter sees it and takes it because he can make more platinum but he can't get tree gum otherwise. According to you, this is an unfair deal

Scenario 2:
John and Peter are random strangers. John's boost is tree gum and Peter's boost is platinum. Tree gum is in short supply on their server. Peter has lots of Platinum but very little Tree Gum. He decides to post a 3-star trade - 30k Platinum for 10k Tree Gum. John sees it and takes it, because it is a good deal. According to you, this is a fair deal.

I hope by now you see that the scenarios are two sides of the same coin. In both scenarios, John got 30k platinum in exchange for only 10k tree gum. Either the deal was unfair towards Peter in both situations, or unfair in neither.

The tooltip provided by Inno themselves state this:
3-star: This offer is a BARGAIN
2-star: This is a FAIR offer
1-star: This offer is SOMEWHAT EXPENSIVE
0-star: This offer is VERY EXPENSIVE

They are all in relative financial terms, not moral terms. And exactly ONE scenario is stated as "FAIR" and that is 1:1

Last edited by a moderator:

MirandaZink

Some people post small VERY unfair trades to make badges so newer players don't grab them on purpose (100 Silk for 400 Scrolls). Also when a new player starts our FS and they need help we do insane trades to get their inventory built up. Now if someone is consistently posting large amounts of goods at zero star then don't take them. Post your own 3 stars and you'll get what you need.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@MirandaZink your first 2 points don't apply since this is about elemental goods, and for your third point, no one was saying that they feel forced to take trades, just that scrolling past them was annoying, and that the reason for posting massive 4:1 trades was unclear.

DeletedUser3122

I'm more concerned that soggy gets offered cake at a vastly disproportionate rate to that which is offered other players, even those of us who are more helpful and physically attractive and don't have soggy undergarments.

lol Here Ashrem, I'll bake you a cake. How about strawberry shortcake with strawberries from our own garden, fresh picked? :D

DeletedUser3122

the reason for posting massive 4:1 trades was unclear.

I still haven't gotten an answer to why people are doing it. If they are helping neighbor friends or FS members, that does not fall into the category of those posting massive amounts for weeks, with no clear purpose. If people are truly being "helpful" by doing 4:1 trades, then why are they offended? I just don't get it.

MirandaZink

@MirandaZink your first 2 points don't apply since this is about elemental goods, and for your third point, no one was saying that they feel forced to take trades, just that scrolling past them was annoying, and that the reason for posting massive 4:1 trades was unclear.

Sometimes it's just not worth posting. Not sure why when you say something it's a "who's smarter than me" contest . . . whatever dude.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
lol Here Ashrem, I'll bake you a cake. How about strawberry shortcake with strawberries from our own garden, fresh picked? :D
I would never turn down a cake. fresh fruit would make that even harder.
I would just bet that Ashrem is a pie kind of guy?
Hmm... peach or coconut cream maybe.
Actually, i'm mostly a butter-tart guy, but I've also never turned down pie.
@MirandaZinkand for your third point, no one was saying that they feel forced to take trades
Well...not recently. I used to regularly complain about the random direction shifts of the trader when accepting a long list of trades. fortunately, the change to sorting by grade has removed that nearly entirely.
I'm not sure what offended you about my post. It seemed like you missed the entire point of the thread, so I pointed out what you were missing. If you found that insulting rather than helpful, that's on you.
Actually, it might be your face, body and mannerisms that cause people to think you're attacking them.

Last edited:

shimmerfly

Okay a northern thing then, butter tarts. I had to look them up. They look like gooey little things. Fine choice with the dark chocolate.
I did not have to look up dry undergarments. Phew..
Gotta love ya!

DeletedUser12171

If people are truly being "helpful" by doing 4:1 trades, then why are they offended? I just don't get it.

You, Ma'am, are either very dense or simply deliberately ignore what doesn't suit you

In a post that has since been deleted, the offended person stated plainly that he was upset because you falsely accused him of being a scalper, did not know that he did make "fair" (by your personal definition) trades regularly, and misunderstood his purpose for posting the 1:4 trades.

Even if the offended person didn't respond, I would think it a no-brainer that anyone being called an "offender" would be offended if it were not true.

If this isn't clear enough I don't know what else will help you understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser188

I'm not sure what offended you about my post
Its probably because you replied even though you weren't tagged or they didn't quote anything you said
. If you found that insulting rather than helpful, that's on you.
Since you took it upon yourself to reply even though you weren't being addressed makes it as much if not all your fault they took offense
Pretty much what I just did

I like pie and cake but not necessarily in that order
Wait a minute that's not what this thread is about:oops: (so many off-topic replies:confused:)
My Bad

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Its probably because you replied even though you weren't tagged or they didn't quote anything you said

Since you took it upon yourself to reply even though you weren't being addressed makes it as much if not all your fault they took offense
Pretty much what I just did
That is one of the most ridiculous assertions of the last few weeks. People who don't want strangers replying their posts shouldn't be participating in public forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.