• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Parking city before guest races

StarLoad

Even tho I am not parked as early in the game as you(16), I Learned from Soggy the very first week that Free Troops are the best troops, So I have always kept a series of Vallorian Valors (15 at one time) running until the twin TotT and now 3 Siren's Ballets, Along with Grounds of the Strats (8) and Creepy Clinics (6), Fin Stops(4), Solar Training grounds(5) along with the usual Witch and other troop producing Evolving and set bldgs. Rare is the time I need to use my Brown Bear, besides the free troops, to Keep my troops above 999 squads.

Tuschunreal

I started a small city FS in Harandar to see if we could build a gold spire/10 chest FS with all small cities. It is a challenge so far and I love finding that so many others have done small cities. You guys rock, I appreciate all the experience everyone has shared.

Smooper

So I have been making my city more productive to try to achieve my goals of 4000 tourney points and top of the spire each week. This week was the first time I did it. It depleted a lot of my goods and I also had to use 175 or 200 diamonds (didn't keep close track) to hurry and finish the spire before it was over. I can't really do it every week at this point. Will need more tier one goods especially and I may not be able to keep up with the supplies needed.

Hoping to maximize my Aureate Phoenix and my Witty Racoon. Not sure what else I should do to make my supplies and tier 1 goods better though right now. I could use more MM spells but not sure if I can manufacture them at the rate I would need to. I have 14 marble quarries and 10 workshops.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
So I have been making my city more productive to try to achieve my goals of 4000 tourney points and top of the spire each week. This week was the first time I did it. It depleted a lot of my goods and I also had to use 175 or 200 diamonds (didn't keep close track) to hurry and finish the spire before it was over. I can't really do it every week at this point. Will need more tier one goods especially and I may not be able to keep up with the supplies needed.

Hoping to maximize my Aureate Phoenix and my Witty Racoon. Not sure what else I should do to make my supplies and tier 1 goods better though right now. I could use more MM spells but not sure if I can manufacture them at the rate I would need to. I have 14 marble quarries and 10 workshops.
The best way to beat the spire and the tourney are through putting down as many 5-day military buildings as you can. Whenever you see an unleashed, a mage multiplier or an enlightened, make sure you craft it. You also really, really need a fire phoenix, so anytime you see phoenix artifacts for that, get them. They're worth it to evolve the fire to level10. With a fed fire phoenix and enough 5-days, you really can't lose fighting in the spire (provided you pick the right troops.)

However, I do negotiate the spire sometimes. I went all the way last week only on negotiation in both my chapter 18 and chapter 10 cities. The Astral Phoenix really helps there, when it's fed. Good luck!

Smooper

The best way to beat the spire and the tourney are through putting down as many 5-day military buildings as you can. Whenever you see an unleashed, a mage multiplier or an enlightened, make sure you craft it. You also really, really need a fire phoenix, so anytime you see phoenix artifacts for that, get them. They're worth it to evolve the fire to level10. With a fed fire phoenix and enough 5-days, you really can't lose fighting in the spire (provided you pick the right troops.)

However, I do negotiate the spire sometimes. I went all the way last week only on negotiation in both my chapter 18 and chapter 10 cities. The Astral Phoenix really helps there, when it's fed. Good luck!
I forgot to mention, this is a cater only city. I mean, I can fight 2 battles at the start of each tournament but I have only a barracks and no armories. I negotiate and cater everything. My other city was a military city so I wanted to try something different. When I get bored of catering I am going to rebuild this whole city as only military but that is way down the road.

BrinDarby

@Smooper ,
The biggest hinderance to a cater only City is the dread'd
"placed land penalty" for Spire Catering. I followed Soggy's
example of having only the "best of" bldgs in my city. I made
sure my weekly production was balanced, as the Forum taught
me. I bought 2 expansions with :diamond:, I currently have 32 (in CH6)
Its depressing I have 22 expansions I've unlocked and cant use.

Part of how I consistently topp'd the Spire was not overdo'n
it in tourn. 1600 is the magic #, and 2200-2400 was my usual.
I fight 1st 5 encounters in Spire then Cater the rest. I fight
P1-P5 in tourn, then Cater P6-P10/P11. I'm currently using my
guest race space as flex space for FAs. I've never had AWs or
produced T3 as reg production. I've never had to use 5-days
or troop instants. What saved me was when they changed
training so you could train troops simultaniously. My rule of
thumb on :diamond: use in the Spire, is never use more than 50%
of what I will earn.

Because lvl-3 in Spire is so darn expensive compared to the
benefits you get, by backing off to say.... Silver Spire and 2k
in tournament, that should allow resources .. to progress with
research. I'd do Spire in "chunks". with a full MH (L9) I'd do
all of lvl1. When MH refilled I'd do 1/2 of lvl2 and the other
1/2 when the MH filled again. If I did do lvl3, then I'd just
do 4 encounters @ a time, then wait to refresh.

The forced migration hurt all of my cities by auto-completing
past chapter's optional researches. With a bigger SS now, its
harder to replace troops, but I manage..... kinda.... lolol