• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Quick and Dirty Summary of Ancient Wonder Changes

iamthouth

Tetris Master
With the reduction in spell fragments, I can go back to upgrading.
1710361925139.png

Dhurrin

As @Silver Lady said, they only reduced the amount of frags needed. So the cost in CCs (and every ring lvl RRs) stays the same.

And ir works in such a way that for lower levels it makes a huge difference, but less and less the higher level of the AWs.
So for my Throne going from lvl 17 to lvl 18 it makes a big difference, 8.000 frags instead of 18.000.
But for my Vortex going from lvl 33 to lvl 34 it needs 32.000 frags, so a reduction of 2.000.

Sure, I'll take it, but the problem is not the reduction now, it's the fact that this whole system of upgrading is flawed. As this basically still means players with smaller, newer, cities are being screwed over way more than the larger players, as they will need RRs right from the start whereas the players with AWs that are already at higher levels 'only' have to worry about what may be left.

So this looks to me like Inno's way of saying: "Yes, we made a mistake, but we won't really admit it, nor fix the actual problem we had intended to fix, but we will take a little bit of the edge off because we are getting so much flak."

Dhurrin

[MOD EDIT] Removed Quoted post

Couldn't have said it better. BE THANKFUL?
They were SWAMPED with negative feedback on beta. And not just with feedback like 'this sucks' but with detailed, well reasoned, well argumented feedback. And with possible changes, adaptation and alternatives to make it work.

Yet they didn't even consider taking a bit more time before ramming it down the throats of everyone on the liveservers. They easily could have waited with that update for another couple of weeks and collected more feedback from beta, taken a look at the arguments given and come up with an adaptation.
But no, they had to force this on their players, but now that they notice players quitting (duh, we told them in the feedback on beta that would not just be likely, but a fact) and and getting a lot of negative feedback, negative reviews and negative word-of-mouth they give a reduction of spellfrags in cost, which does nothing to actually solve the problem they had wanted to solve in the first place and they expect us to be grateful?

That just adds insult to injury, kinda like raising the cost for the royal pass for the new event, after already screwing players over with this incredibly bad change.
@Astram ; nothing against you personally, but if you can you really should pass on to devs and management that continuing to basically insult and piss off your playerbase generally is not a good way to make money. And just might chase more players away.
I mean, don't get me wrong, but that kind of attitude in any store would have me dump the products at the counter, walk out and never return to that store, or even that chain of stores, ever again.

@AussieChick
I feel your pain. I have disenchanted stuff for about 500.000 frags. After I already used about a million frags for upgrades. Even though for me it's not a problem, a lot of players are hurting.

Last edited by a moderator:

AussieChick

Any idea why a mod might remove a post?
From memory it was a reply from a ticket I put in.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Any idea why a mod might remove a post?
From memory it was a reply from a ticket I put in.
You should have a notification explaining the action and for general reference Here are the Forum Rules
13. Discussions about bans and support tickets
It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum. Such topics will be deleted, punishment may follow.

AussieChick

You should have a notification explaining the action and for general reference Here are the Forum Rules
13. Discussions about bans and support tickets
It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum. Such topics will be deleted, punishment may follow.
Thanks for the reply, Astram.
I Did not know that rule, but curious why they forbid sharing?

BrinDarby

"Discussions about " ... "summarize" , That rule is so
general, almost any thread can be closed. I guess if
the discussion was about support, but No Specific
tickets were mentioned, nor any Specific Staff ppl
mentioned, or any Specific Ban mentioned.... then
thats the only grey area that exsists. Other than that,
Astram is right and the rule is there.

What this leaves out is Any possible way to, discuss
the basic customer service of a company. Which when
used correctly by said company, can only enhance
thier image to customers, and future customers. When
done poorly does cause the opposite... duhh.

Above is a [Mod Edit] , my question is ... is it possible
for a post to be edited, without any notations ?? NO

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
"Discussions about " ... "summarize" , That rule is so
general, almost any thread can be closed. I guess if
the discussion was about support, but No Specific
tickets were mentioned, nor any Specific Staff ppl
mentioned, or any Specific Ban mentioned.... then
thats the only grey area that exsists. Other than that,
Astram is right and the rule is there.
The lack of discussion concerning support does give rise to people not knowing what support is capable of (see this 2018 thread). Being able to say what support has done allows people to get a general gauge as to what they can reasonably expect.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
its never a good sign when the boss says 'well help ya... but you better not be telling anyone how we helped ya...' Gives a real mob boss feeling.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh my gosh you guys.
The actual content of a Support ticket, which you can access through your email, or by other means like for example from the Forums here, can actually constitute a method of account verification.
You know. In the event your cute 14 month old (insert relative of choice) fed her yogurt to your laptop and you need to persuade a new device that you are who you claim to be. Or your puppy ate your phone.

Dhurrin

Oh my gosh you guys.
The actual content of a Support ticket, which you can access through your email, or by other means like for example from the Forums here, can actually constitute a method of account verification.
You know. In the event your cute 14 month old (insert relative of choice) fed her yogurt to your laptop and you need to persuade a new device that you are who you claim to be. Or your puppy ate your phone.

Interesting. I have never been able to use them for anything like that. And I tried, heaven knows, I tried. In fact, the endless crap with verification everytime I moved my phone 100 yards was what got some of my emailaddresses locked out, until I switched to one that works a lot better than the bloody hotmail crap and the like.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Well it does depend on configs, but when Support wants to award me diamonds or something, I get an email, that i can follow into the ticket system. But if it's not linked to an account, then they ask you things like what is your diamond balance, what was your last ticket about, when did you start playing.

Oh here is a fun one: what did last spend diamonds on - these days, the answer is, persuading a ghost to give me more spell fragments, of course.

mikeledo

So when Are the changes to the AWs coming to live world? Beta has had them for about a month now. I have a dozen+ AWs on "go" awaiting the change.

mikeledo

I have not seen a reduction. My level 35 upgrades are still 35K fragments, same as before the announcement.