• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Quick and Dirty Summary of Ancient Wonder Changes

Dhurrin

I‘m sitting on over 400 KP’s in my bar with nowhere to go with them. Can’t upgrade any AW as I don’t either have enough SF’s or resources. So there they sit.
I can’t disenchant those, so what am I to do with them?
Not a lot.
One thing to do is take some time, sit down and look at your map. Go and look at the AWs of all players on your map. You will likely find multiple players with AWs that are more than halfway filled with KPs, but still have open chests. So dump a few KPs there to claim a chest. If you can, see if you can get one that at least offers you a rune for that AW. Those can come in handy later, or can be used to invest in someone's AW at a later point.
The larger your map is, the more such chances you will find. Doing so from the PC doesn't even limit you to your map, you can look at any player.
Is there a certain AW you would like to start collecting runes for (like for instance the Timewarp, long before you get to that chapter) see if you can find a player with that AW up and donate enough to get one of the chests that gives a (or more than one) rune.
Though in that case you might want to contact that player first through a PM and see if he is ok with it, as you may have to bump other players who donated.

But here is exactly a problem that the Devs reintroduced; when the AWs were introduced the first time it was because players who were techlocked had no way of using their KPs so they wouldn't be sitting on your KP bar.
So now they basically have destroyed that again...and the now KPs will once more sit there, doing nothing.

TimeMachine

I 've just opened my Magic Academy in order to collect and start crafting again.

To me it seems like there is an additional new offer to produce spell fragments for Combining Catalysts:

1709248658603.png

Last edited:

StarLoad

I‘m sitting on over 400 KP’s in my bar with nowhere to go with them. Can’t upgrade any AW as I don’t either have enough SF’s or resources. So there they sit.
I can’t disenchant those, so what am I to do with them?

Be glad it’s only 400+ KP, in one of my cities I’m sitting on 20.5K (20500) KP with no place to put them.

Well if you are on Arendyll or Elcy (yes I know you are Silver) you can dump all you feel like into any of my Wonders, I will not complain.

Dhurrin

LOL. Feel free to dump whatever you want into my AWs on Elcysandir.
I'm pretty sure I have enough room, despite some people who quit the game dumping their KPs on my AWs, but if not I can always make more room. My KP bar is down to about 4.500 at the moment since I used a crapload of KPs (and time-instants) to rush-upgrade a lot of AWs several levels in the period between the crap starting on beta and it being started on the live-servers

TimeMachine

Oh my… I’ll be happy with my 400+ haha. I’ve been depositing with neighbors and some aren’t all that happy about it. Oh well.
I don't know which chapter you are playing at the moment, I just wanted to mention that some humans and elves got used to save them KPs to be able to blitz through the next chapter.

The only disadvantage of this strategy is that you won't get KPs for free anymore but since one doesn't know a possibility to spend them this wouldn't be that bad I guess. ;)

As far as I am concerned my KP bar is always empty in all of my cities because I always try to move forward in reasearch and invest a lot of KPs in Ancient Wonders of fellows and neighbours.

Those who are in need of spell fragments can use their regular KPs in Ancient Wonders to generate Ancient Knowledge which can be disentchanted.

Dhurrin

I don't know which chapter you are playing at the moment, I just wanted to mention that some humans and elves got used to save them KPs to be able to blitz through the next chapter.

The only disadvantage of this strategy is that you won't get KPs for free anymore but since one doesn't know a possibility to spend them this wouldn't be that bad I guess. ;)

As far as I am concerned my KP bar is always empty in all of my cities because I always try to move forward in reasearch and invest a lot of KPs in Ancient Wonders of fellows and neighbours.

Those who are in need of spell fragments can use their regular KPs in Ancient Wonders to generate Ancient Knowledge which can be disentchanted.

KP1.png

Yes, my KP instants are down too due to intensive swapping ;)

Dhurrin

B
Ummm Why does your screenshot not show your Culture?View attachment 16931
It does (sunny symbol) but I have that green symbol to the left of it which can alternate between showing the exact value for culture, pop and prosperity, which happens to show pop right now because I was looking at that before. Chap 21 thingy I guess.
Here it shows the culture value, but not the pop value
culture.png

Dhurrin

Oh my god @Dhurrin In my eyes your KP-storage is looking like from another dimension!
LOL. I try to get rid of the 30, 15 and 7 worth asap when I get them so the rest at least will fit on one page. But I did state my main city is a 'whale'. Like I said, if I wanted to up all my remaining AWs up to lvl 35 I could do so in a few weeks, as I can disenchant enough to get me another million spellfrags and not have to fret too much about it.

Which shows the problem; whales aren't being hampered overmuch while everyone else is, when it should be the other way around

StarLoad

B

It does (sunny symbol) but I have that green symbol to the left of it which can alternate between showing the exact value for culture, pop and prosperity, which happens to show pop right now because I was looking at that before. Chap 21 thingy I guess.
Here it shows the culture value, but not the pop value
View attachment 16932
Is that a Beta City as I have never seen that symbol before?

Dhurrin

Is that a Beta City as I have never seen that symbol before?
No, it will show up once you enter chap 21. They add a new 'resource' prosperity. I guess they felt the bar was already showing enough different things, so they added this one where you can switch between the values of pop, culture and prosperity. Culture is still being indicated by the sunny symbol to give an indication of where you are

BrinDarby

@Kraken52 , --IF-- you ignore the daily free KP,
then you can easily let any earned KP build up.
Thats how ppl get 4k , or 11k in my case built up.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I invest all my KP and Ancient KP into Wonders. I've actually used resources too to buy KP for Wonders when that builds up, and always gold, and most Gold instants too. I don't produce Ascended Goods now, being end of Ch21, and Sentient Goods only because I cater the Spire. I do gain some Ascended Goods from Evolving buildings, so trade those to whoever needs it daily. I don't see the point of hoarding KP or resources, when they could be better used in Wonders. I've got a couple now to lvl 35, and keep adding new ones from time to time.
1709716978200.png1709717045771.png