• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.16

DeletedUser43

Yeah. The wood elves were just introduced in the chapter after orc on the beta server and will be here with the next update.....1.16

DeletedUser2848

I wish I had the Beta. I am at the end of the tree and anxiously waiting for Wood Elves!! I am excited to have a new race!! Legolas is a wood elf and so handsome. Oh sorry. he was in Lord of the rings and The hobbit series. Sigh.

DeletedUser3707

How much does it cost (or will it cost, w/e)?

P.S. I was so excited about this update, but I see that "Bug fixes" part remains silent on magic residences and workshops upgrades.... come on... how many months and updates will it take for devs to fix that?

I would love to know the same thing. I'm on a fixed income and not able to open a vien/ wallet. Also tonight my Magic Academy Upgrade tab went missing. It's happen to other's too. What's going on with that? I did all the research and received two new spells which said to upgrade my Academy but the darn tab is missing. I have two new spells with two closed windows that i can't open. Crazy!

DeletedUser1016

I finally got around to sitting down and planning a layout for the woodelves...only took somewhere around 3 hours of procrastitasking to get it done. Bring on the next chapter!
I've also been playing around with the city planner. I was surprised to see that it is already updated for the new upcoming chapter. ONE BIG SURPRISE....which I am totally discouraged about and feel a bit manipulated if it is true...are the armories NOT going to be upgraded to Wood Elf buildings. Yet the barracks is going to be upgraded four [4] more times!!!!!

Please, please tell me this is not true!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I wonder if there is a story line aspect to that. They mention the wood elves are here to teach us how to handle potentially dangerous races like orcs.I also wonder if the armory is the orcs building and all future upgrades end up like the steel on is where it goes wood elves dwarven steel factory, will we get x race orc armory?

DeletedUser1016

I wonder if there is a story line aspect to that. They mention the wood elves are here to teach us how to handle potentially dangerous races like orcs.I also wonder if the armory is the orcs building and all future upgrades end up like the steel on is where it goes wood elves dwarven steel factory, will we get x race orc armory?
I'm sorry Mykans, no disrespect, but I don't understand this thread?

I was looking for confirmation regarding future armory size/upgrade. The barracks can go from lvl 21 to lvl 25 in the Wood Elf chapter. Why would anyone upgrade it if the armories don't level up as well, otherwise the barracks will sit idle overnight?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I was looking for confirmation regarding future armory size/upgrade. The barracks can go from lvl 21 to lvl 25 in the Wood Elf chapter. Why would anyone upgrade it if the armories don't level up as well, otherwise the barracks will sit idle overnight?

That will depend on each person, some might do it for the looks, to reserve the space, because they can, or rank. I plan to do it as my barracks sits idle all the time between work and sleep, it favours players who can log on more often. So while I can't upgrade my armoury, which would be nice, I will still do this so I can maximise troop production for the times I am online. Whether it sits idle for 4 hours or 6 hours is irrelevant to me, it is now how many troops can I pump out while online, I miss the 18 hr queues of constant production.

I can definitely see for some people though that there is little point to upgrade it and they will prioritise other aspects in their town.

DeletedUser43

The biggest problem I see is that it takes a lot of culture and population of course to upgrade things. None of the new culture buildings are very helpful. Unless you buy that one big thing at the end. But now you need to make mana and that takes roads. I guess at least we don't have to delete half our cities for dung farms, so maybe I just look at all that space as being used to give you extra culture. In a way. Anyway, it is going to be tough.

DeletedUser1016

Whether it sits idle for 4 hours or 6 hours is irrelevant to me, it is now how many troops can I pump out while online, I miss the 18 hr queues of constant production.
So I guess the answer is yes....that the armories are not getting an upgrade with this new visiting race. WHY NOT??? They have always gotten upgrades with all the previous visiting races...why not this one????

If I have production going all night long, then that will make up for the increase in speed of production. As with all the city buildings that produce product, [i.e. coin, supplies, goods & including troops] I think building overnight is key to the efficiency of the city. To have any down time is frustrating to me. That's why I feel greatly manipulated in this regard. In light of the whole battle redesign, how could they not allow us to level up our armories......

.....OH - stupid me....duh? That's right...I just have to build more armories...of course. And at a 5x5 space requirement all I need is to get more expansions to place them. So lets see, for a 10 hr build time I would need about 1000 training size, so at 160 training size per level 23 armory, that would be at least 6 armories, which translate to 6 expansion. Oh - and where do those come from, well not from fighting, the new battle update took care of getting rid of that source of expansion; and maybe from the new visiting race - nope...only three [3] will be available and those will be needed for the increase in barracks size, workshop size & main hall size.....so where oh where can I get more expansions....hmmmm.... Oh yeah, there are 33 premium expansions still available!!!!

NOT!
[Can the developers be anymore transparent???]

DeletedUser1766

I am not that unhappy at having culture buildings on roads as I have always had trouble keeping them away from roads. It is just the way I have expanded. I have not unlocked archers yet as I am still trying to produce enough to unlock earlier techs but I am nearly there. I will be happy if it moves. I am really looking forward to leaving the orcs behind. I am very happy at the idea of returning to nature. As to other people getting ahead of me because they can afford culture buildings and I cannot I am not concerned. I am competitive up to a point but so far I have managed happily with limited purchases. I have reached the end of my purchases for now though as the exchange rate to the Australian dollar now means that any diamond buy cost me 50% more and that is way too high. Maybe things will improve next year and maybe not. I will have to manage.

WolfSinger

Anyone nearing the archer promotion in orcs would be best to not unlock it, if possible, so you can save your orc resources for the other techs

Please clarify - does it need to still be greyed out in order to make sure when it moves that I use less of the Orc resources to open. Of if I complete the Wooden Trail tech and the Archer promotion is now available for research I still have the have cost after it moves.

I'm about 2 hours away from being able to complete the Wooden Trail tech (waiting on a batch of loot) or I can go ahead and complete the expansion and start working on the W.T again.

Just trying to plan a little here - Thanks

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Please clarify - does it need to still be greyed out in order to make sure when it moves that I use less of the Orc resources to open. Of if I complete the Wooden Trail tech and the Archer promotion is now available for research I still have the have cost after it moves.

I'm about 2 hours away from being able to complete the Wooden Trail tech (waiting on a batch of loot) or I can go ahead and complete the expansion and start working on the W.T again.

Just trying to plan a little here - Thanks

My beta town was not at this point so I cannot tell you. One would expect it to move regardless of KP in it. I will be taking a screenshot on one town as I have almost finished the KP research and want to ensure it does not vanish when the tech moves to dwarves. I am hoping it will move and I can then unlock it immediately after the update.

Unless someone else has experienced this there will be a level of proceed with caution.

WolfSinger

Thanks Mykan - I hold off completing Wooden Trails just to be safe. Fingers crossed when it moves it no longer needs the Orc resources - although I hope I have enough Dwarven resources still saved if it wants those.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Fingers crossed when it moves it no longer needs the Orc resources - although I hope I have enough Dwarven resources still saved if it wants those.

Screenshots from beta.
2016_10_25_7_10_37.jpg
2016_10_25_7_07_26.jpg

My town is not at this era thus tech is grayed out. This is an Elf town, unsure where tech is for Humans.

DeletedUser3040

Guess I'll train some puppies and find a place for the mercenary camp before this drops.