• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.16

DeletedUser2855

Battle system part 2 gets released:
The air sort of went out of my excitement of this new race. But anything that gets us out of the orcs is wonderful. I just wish we could really play it. That is what makes me sad. Only 3 expansions while they are shutting down our ability to get more from the world map.

what you mean they shutting ability to get from world map what happening. I am at 11 ring and have orcs to catter expensive fight, will they add so we need new sort of unit or resources to pass provinces???

DeletedUser3818

I rarely comment on the forums so my forum icon says I am a new member but that is not really accurate. Been playing long enough that I am nearing end of Orc phase. More importantly, I have been playing Forge of Empires for several years now and I can't help but compare the game experience between them since they are both produced by InnoGames.

I have been disappointed playing Elvenar, but not for the reasons you might think. I am totally amazed at how poorly Elvenar communicates with your players, especially compared to FoE. Doesn't the Elvenar Team benchmark your game with best practices of the other Inno teams?

When there is a new update in FoE, players cannot even sign in to play the game without seeing an ad/link to the release announcement. Moreover, a big update like the Wood Elves would also warrant a game-wide message that is received by all players' Inbox which would also have a link to the announcement. I was thinking that maybe I missed something... so I checked out the NEWS tab on Elvenar homepage but I read that "There is no exciting news for you at the moment." So I guess the introduction of a brand new race isn't big enough to make it into the NEWS section?

I have a suggestion for the Elvenar Team. Why don't you guys sign up to play FoE for a couple months in your spare time so you can see how to better communicate with your players?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Doesn't the Elvenar Team benchmark your game with best practices of the other Inno teams?

When there is a new update in FoE, players cannot even sign in to play the game without seeing an ad/link to the release announcement.

If this is referring to a pop-up when logging in that would irritate me to no end, I find them annoying. Others have complained about the pop-up messages in the past, content is part of acceptability.

A message in the inbox however would be great.

DeletedUser3818

Hey Mykan, thanks for the reply. It is not a pop up. FoE posts a graphic on the main page where players log in. It is in the background and does not interfere with players clicking on the play button. Players see a graphic image that might have something to do with the release like a couple Wood Elves in this case. There is a headline and short description beneath with a link to the announcement. If it catches your interest, you click on the link. If not (or you have already read it), you just ignore it and proceed with logging in to the game a usual. Something like this is very helpful for the casual player who does not have time to monitor the forums.

qaccy

So I guess the answer is yes....that the armories are not getting an upgrade with this new visiting race. WHY NOT??? They have always gotten upgrades with all the previous visiting races...why not this one????

If I have production going all night long, then that will make up for the increase in speed of production. As with all the city buildings that produce product, [i.e. coin, supplies, goods & including troops] I think building overnight is key to the efficiency of the city. To have any down time is frustrating to me. That's why I feel greatly manipulated in this regard. In light of the whole battle redesign, how could they not allow us to level up our armories......

.....OH - stupid me....duh? That's right...I just have to build more armories...of course. And at a 5x5 space requirement all I need is to get more expansions to place them. So lets see, for a 10 hr build time I would need about 1000 training size, so at 160 training size per level 23 armory, that would be at least 6 armories, which translate to 6 expansion. Oh - and where do those come from, well not from fighting, the new battle update took care of getting rid of that source of expansion; and maybe from the new visiting race - nope...only three [3] will be available and those will be needed for the increase in barracks size, workshop size & main hall size.....so where oh where can I get more expansions....hmmmm.... Oh yeah, there are 33 premium expansions still available!!!!

NOT!
[Can the developers be anymore transparent???]

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that armories are not getting upgrades because the Orc chapter gave them FOUR new levels, as opposed to just two as was the case in the Dwarven and Fairy chapters (two in each, that is). Now, since the barracks is getting four levels in the Woodelves chapter, it's highly possible that the barracks won't be seeing any upgrades in whatever chapter follows this one (if they follow the same pattern).

Anyway, I personally am managing fine with troops even if I do get some idle time from my barracks overnight or when I'm working. Sure, that's up to 6 hours in a day where it isn't producing but I'm not running out of troops yet (I actually finished the last tournament with more troops than I started with, and that was fully clearing 9 provinces) so it's not that big a deal to me.

DeletedUser4274

• A new military building has been released: the Training Grounds (Chapter II)

Ok so I just went over my RT 3 times, and I didn't see the training grounds in there. I did see the Mortar which is in Chapter 3. Did I miss something?

NVM - Found it in Chapter 2 combined with Cerebrus, and it was completed.

32 KP for any Elves who might want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2396

For some in Orc Chapter having the Armories sitting idle while they are at work or sleeping may be unproductive, a lot of us who aren't in the Orc Chapter can no longer fight for relics in provinces nor scout if want to reduce scouting costs an scout times and reduce the opposing troops numbers against you in a fight so while waiting and advancing in the tech tree (turtle pace) to catch up to Advanced Scouts for Wood Elves we just continue to make troops and accumulate more of them, so for us it isn't such a big deal we can just make troops while we are online but won't be able to use them for months down the road so to speak - i guess we will be able to use some in tourneys but even there after you get past 6th provinces your gonna start losing those accumulated troops but this is now the only way to get some relics and KP for alot of us below Orc Chapter

WolfSinger

Found something that I definitely didn't like and am glad I found - because of rearranging the order of troops in the Barracks - when the game updated - it CHANGED the troops I was training from Sorc III to Granite Golems - that's not right - glad I thought to check my barracks before leaving for work or I might not have caught it.

maeter75

love the update, made some good changes. Way to go elvenar team, I appreciate all your hard work.

DeletedUser594

It's great to have some new units n the mix. I'm not happy to see the Cerb's jump up so high in time to produce. I don't really get it either, why are they out of line with other Light Melee? They're good troops to have but not 7x as long to produce kinda good. At 47sec they are the longest to produce of any troop. I'm glad i stocked up.
I thought Archers were getting a boost? I just do not see the advantage to using them against HM at all even with my 10% needle boost. They're great against the mages though.
The new fairy units are fun to take for a test drive. Fairy mage helps out with the heavy. Drone riders, interesting strike.
I have a lot more fighting to do before I really know anything but it's great to have some new material to dig into.
Cheers

Buttrflwr

I am kind of excited about getting the cereberus, even if I do have to make room for another building! I hope they help me to finally win a battle! :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser3696

Maybe I missed it, but I spent a good chunk of kp getting dogs researched and upgraded 2x, only to lose that unit and have to research their replacement??
It's not game changing, but you open up a new chapter and I have to go backwards before I go forwards??? For all those playing elves, do you have any techs you need to go back and unlock with this new update?

DeletedUser3312

The wood elves just started and in this new chapter (which is beautifully done by the way) they introduce manna which is a good derived from certain culture buildings. those culture buildings will need a road to connect to. you will collect the manna from the buildings and use it as you do other goods. In Dwarves it was granite and copper, in fairies different flowers, and so on. each race teaches a new skill. But until you get passed orcs... i would not worry about anything in wood elves.

DeletedUser3297

For Elf cities, they have to go back and unlock the training grounds which is at the beginning of chapter 2, for Human cities, you have to go back and unlock the Mortar which is in the middle of chapter 3. Humans had their Cerebrus tech change over to be called the Training Grounds Tech. :)

Calenmir

Maybe I missed it, but I spent a good chunk of kp getting dogs researched and upgraded 2x, only to lose that unit and have to research their replacement??
It's not game changing, but you open up a new chapter and I have to go backwards before I go forwards??? For all those playing elves, do you have any techs you need to go back and unlock with this new update?
No, I don't have any new technology to unlock, though I'm only at the very beginning of chapter 3.

DeletedUser

For all those playing elves, do you have any techs you need to go back and unlock with this new update?

I am in Fairies & I play as an Elf. With this new update, I need to go back to Chapter II to fill in 25 KPs for Training Grounds & Cerberus. I need to go back to Chapter VI (Dwarves) to fill in 53 KPs for Elite Archer.

Right now the Training Grounds are voluntary for Elves to build, but I will not be doing so until forced since having Cerberus will not help me fight in provinces due to me being too far outnumbered that I can't win no matter what I fight with.

DeletedUser4404

There doesn't seem to be a research block in the human tree now for the Training Grounds and Cerberus. I was already past that point and the training grounds is in my buildings available to be built but what about new players? Do they just automatically get the ability to build this building and have the Cerberus? And there is research for it in my elven tree on other worlds so elves have to research it but humans do not? Or did you leave something out of the human research tree, Innogames?

DeletedUser3297

No, I don't have any new technology to unlock, though I'm only at the very beginning of chapter 3.

Since you play Elves, look back at the beginning of chapter 2 and you will see a optional tech for the Training Grounds. The next update will make that tech mandatory, it's a good idea to do it now. The cerebrus will help on the battlefield :)

DeletedUser4671

In the beginning of chapter 2, for Humans, the Cereburs tech was re-named to the Training Grounds, so if you had already completed the Cerebrus tech, all you need now is to place the building so you can continue training your Cerebrus.

Happy Gaming!