• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.22

DeletedUser2424

Would it really be too much to ask to have them include in the release notes what the changes to the units were?
In order to reevaluate a unit we have since given up on... You really want us to have to take a screenshot now and then manually compare with what we'll see in a couple days... it's just inefficient.

Some of the units you spelled out if their was an increase... others you didn't...

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Posted by CrazyWizard on EN forums

BoGmPip.png

DeletedUser4778

Posted by CrazyWizard on EN forums
Great. I'm updating my Battle Sheet but no time to make separate table of comparison. What's the Hunter? Haven't heard of that and it's not in Elven Architect. I also checked all enemy counterparts to see if their stats were changed and haven't noticed any changes to mirror those of our units so far so that's good.

Btw, Elven Architect lists a new Heavy Melee unit called the Vallorian Guard which looks to me like the 4th promotion of the Knight.

EDIT: Figured it out. Hunter is Ranger. The 2nd and 4th column headers should also be edited to base average damage instead of just base damage. All promoted versions were affected, including the Poison Dryad, although I don't know if this was already mentioned in a previous announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2191

Great. I'm updating my Battle Sheet but no time to make separate table of comparison. What's the Hunter? Haven't heard of that and it's not in Elven Architect. I also checked all enemy counterparts to see if their stats were changed and haven't noticed any changes to mirror those of our units so far so that's good.

Btw, Elven Architect lists a new Heavy Melee unit called the Vallorian Guard which looks to me like the 4th promotion of the Knight.

EDIT: Figured it out. Hunter is Ranger. The 2nd and 4th column headers should also be edited to base average damage instead of just base damage. All promoted versions were affected, including the Poison Dryad, although I don't know if this was already mentioned in a previous announcement.

Vallorian Guard will be obtained in the new upcoming chapter 10 - Sorcerers and Dragons

WolfSinger

don't know if the update posted - but my Bulwark collection this morning added to my troop count. However, no sign of any compensation as promised by the release notes. - Hey Mods - what's up with that? I know the devs hate the idea of compensating players for game issues that impact play - but it's in writing that they were going to compensate people - NADA.

If I'm posting before the update was done - then ignore me. But, if it has been completed then please explain what the compensation was supposed to be and when it will be given to players. Unfortunately, I will be offline from about 7:15 am to 6:00pm Mountain Time (Work)

DeletedUser3602

don't know if the update posted - but my Bulwark collection this morning added to my troop count. However, no sign of any compensation as promised by the release notes. - Hey Mods - what's up with that? I know the devs hate the idea of compensating players for game issues that impact play - but it's in writing that they were going to compensate people - NADA.

If I'm posting before the update was done - then ignore me. But, if it has been completed then please explain what the compensation was supposed to be and when it will be given to players. Unfortunately, I will be offline from about 7:15 am to 6:00pm Mountain Time (Work)

There´s been a delay in the update day to correct some issues. No new date yet...

DeletedUser6368

It all goes to one simple reason: Money. The more difficult they make it to advance, some people get desperate and spend real money to buy fake diamonds and advance.
Yeah I hear you this is my exact reasoning why I would NEVER EVER buy diamonds, just complete BS when they think you'll spend money, this is what they want you to do if it becomes more like this where quests, fighting, wholesaling become more difficult(ie.the changes) I'll stop playing.

DeletedUser2870

All this may be well and good, we'll see. What I want to know is why they aren't fixing the bug on the banshee research. I'm tired of seeing the red line on my research book.

And on those bloody orc units as well. Come on, this is not some kind of major programming project. A bug like this should be fixed in a day, a couple of days at best, not be around to irritate people for weeks on end.

edeba

Perfect characterization of the use of balancing. I don't use the wholesaler often because I think it is expensive and to learn that it will become more expensive, well, that is truly insane. Seriously, the way it should be is the more you buy, the cheaper it should be, so sure, have the amounts defined by main hall level, but the first screen full price, the second screen 20% off and the 3rd screen, which is the large purchase, 40% off. That would make the wholesaler make sense.

The good costs absolutely skyrocket as you go through the game so gross increases in cost are already built into the game. Having a double declining return, the increasing costs as the game progresses and now the wholesaler, really is a good way to encourage quitting.

I don't use the wholesaler often, but when I do, it is already expensive and often it is about real imbalances, the inability to trade for goods.

Whoever came up with this idea has a real ass backwards foundation in numeracy.

Well I have already seen the wholesaler in Beta. Really thought and still do think it will cause more problems for players at different levels then some people think.

Anyway I really would like a real explanation for the developers new BUZZ word "balancing" because up until the past few updates the game seemed fair and fun for everyone, now it seems these "balances" just create an uproar.

DeletedUser4778

These are my two of my favorite ideas on balancing changes:

Remove the max on boosts or set a max on negotiation/catering costs. Tit for tat please.
Allow us to fight with the same number of squads as the enemy. (But, if the devs do this, I expect them to find ways to tip the balance in their favor.)

I had more but my brain is fuzzy from lack of sleep and previous server issues.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Whoever came up with this idea has a real ass backwards foundation in numeracy.
The Trader's prices are nothing to do with innumeracy, and everything to do with balance. Resources are meant to be limited. As things have been, for the savvy player the only thing limited was space. This change is an attempt to bring the game-play back to where it was intended, and is only a penalty for those who were buying a lot of resources, instead of using it only as a sink for excess coin. This will be no more than a minor inconvenience for those who are playing as the game is designed. It will be a much larger inconvenience for those who were using unintended play styles. There's nothing wrong with using unintended play styles that don't break the rules, but to expect the developers to keep making them easy and not do anything to curtail them is unreasonable.

edeba

Resources are limited, and increasingly limited as you get higher in the game. Space limits coin and supplies to purchase goods as well. I never knew games came with rules and authority about play styles. And maybe they don't, but some people misdirect developers to favour their playing style.

The Trader's prices are nothing to do with innumeracy, and everything to do with balance. Resources are meant to be limited. As things have been, for the savvy player the only thing limited was space. This change is an attempt to bring the game-play back to where it was intended, and is only a penalty for those who were buying a lot of resources, instead of using it only as a sink for excess coin. This will be no more than a minor inconvenience for those who are playing as the game is designed. It will be a much larger inconvenience for those who were using unintended play styles. There's nothing wrong with using unintended play styles that don't break the rules, but to expect the developers to keep making them easy and not do anything to curtail them is unreasonable.

DeletedUser5800

This will be no more than a minor inconvenience for those who are playing as the game is designed.
I agree with the premise but I would add it goes in the direction of their 'new intention', which is be in a top FS so you will be more encouraged to spend $$$ to keep up with each other.

The first thing I thought of when the Tournament went FS centric was at least if it gets bad enough I can just opt out of the whole thing by not being in a FS and use the wholesaler to compensate my losses, (even though I didn't particularly like that idea, it was an option). Enter this update to remove that option.

This just further supports my theory that the "intention" for the past several months is all aiming in one direction, make it harder to play solo and imperative to be very interactive with ultra actives so you can be subtly pushed into the Credit Card competition ;)

Maybe it all works and they spur a perpetual spending war at the top that is ever being fed by noobs to replace those that get pushed out, and maybe it drives more profits than the drips of the casuals whom just quit spending because of all this, but it is at the cost of what once had potential to be excellent becoming another shabbily thrown together money pit.

But they already know all this and how it ends of course, because that's the real metric. Build an appealing game, let it populate, push it towards a CC war, slow the updates and see how long it spins and how many coins it throws out perpetually, build another game, repeat. It's just sad to constantly see the beginning of good games that no Dev's ever really care about at all...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Resources are limited, and increasingly limited as you get higher in the game. Space limits coin and supplies to purchase goods as well.
Resources are more limited for those who do not use quest cycling and the trader than they are for those who do. The devs have indicated previously that quest cycling is not an intended play style, and that they are working on ways to interrupt it. The changes to the trader produce an increasing penalty for a use of the trader that is excessive in light of the game's design, and impose no noticeable penalty at all to people who don't cycle quests.
I never knew games came with rules and authority about play styles.
Every game has rules and an intended play style. Some of them are clearly published, some of them are simply apparent in how the developers alter the game over time.

DeletedUser5978

I am becoming impatient :mad: with the Unfair and Disadvantages of the squads in completing Prov's to advance through the knowledge tree , I had 4 armories, I sold 2 recently because they offer no help with increasing my Squad size except to use my tools, people, and space up.

Having to use goods instead to negotiate, I then have to use the Trader to help replenish if there are no trades available to complete Prov's.

I have bought many a diamonds until the Battles became Very Unfair and this past week have debated on quitting the game, since I am growing increasing impatient with the unfairness of Squad size and the type of Squads being used against mine.

I have a great Fellowship:cool: and they help when they can, but it also can be hours before they can do so due to different time zones of players (which I like having Fellows around the world :D since we all actively message while playing)

DeletedUser4778

Aaaand the world is currently being updated. Get thee away from me, Satan! Er, I mean scalper.

EDIT: And he's accompanied by creepy fog. Wish I could turn him and snow off as easily as I can toggle atmospheric effects.

DeletedUser4751

The change to the wholesaler is terrible. That, of all the updates to have been made in the last couple years, could cause me to stop playing. I used the wholesaler on a regular basis and now to have made such a drastic change is very frustrating.

WolfSinger

In regards to the Bulwark - looks like I received about HALF of the total number of swords I would have collected during the time it wasn't functioning correctly. At least they gave some compensation.