• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.22

DeletedUser4902

This game gets more frustrating every time they " update " the "world". I expect another wave of players leaving with others to follow soon after. The trader rip off is ridiculous, I think the problem the devs have is how to prolong gameplay in a fair manner without losing players. The only result the trader increase will have on me is my workshops will be virtually inactive.

DeletedUser1989

Wholesaler Mafia
New and wonderful option
Take you for whatever you can
The game play is now lack of game play
I only go to the wholesaler for goods my fellowship and neighbors do not or cannot produce or when I hit max

There are some commodities in our group and neighborhood in short supply and everybody wants them steel and planks
that is almost all that is in demand on my trading board
Too much demand - not enough producers

Whats worse there was no general announcement given for this wonderous change
Another slap in the face from the designers
We do not give a damn about your opinions we do what we want

Another gamestopping play by the designers
I have never played any other game where the rules change so frequently in an undesirable manner
Generally you want to keep your players not drive them away

Unfortunately I gave up combat because it was impossible to do
Now we will have the same with negotiation as the wholesaler is no longer even an unfair trading option at 5 to 1 and with reduced supply comes the increased cost from the scalpers in the neighborhood
We cannot restrict trades posted to our own fellowship so unless you are in direct communication with your fellow who supplies the rarer commodity and playing at the exact same time of day others are going to grab it

So the game no longer has any playable aspects to it combat and negotiation are both gone

I guess that means i am gone as well

DeletedUser1987

I see my city that's still out past the developers' required provinces is still taking ten times as many resources as anyone who is on the required number of provinces to compete in tournaments. I still say the devs are being slimy slamming my access to more goods than my fellowship members can produce for the fellowship tournament closed.

DeletedUser5460

I just...lost all reason to visit neighbors unless I am strapped for cash. I'm usually overflowing and now have no outlet.

I understand I *could* spend exponentially increasing cash for a tiny amount of goods, but frankly? Is it worth the real world tedium that is visiting all your neighbors? It takes a good chunk of time.

I was really trying to be a good, visiting neighbor. It was nice to have access to some minimal reward for doing so.

Thanks, I guess? For giving me a reason to not be logged into the game for that time anymore.

Sorry. I have tried to be positive and actively constructive in all my suggestions. I just don't get this change.

DeletedUser1987

What's worse is that problem was mentioned on the beta forum. Repeatedly. I don't understand why there is a beta forum, if the devs don't delay patches when players point out problems with the patches. Instead, they go to live, and then live players quit, because the beta forum was not used as a beta forum.

DeletedUser4751

The change to the wholesaler is terrible. That, of all the updates to have been made in the last couple years, could cause me to stop playing. I used the wholesaler on a regular basis and now to have made such a drastic change is very frustrating.
I shouldn't have to justify why I play the game the way I do or how I use the resources in the way I choose. To say I'm not playing "correctly" because I choose to use the resources in a way that suits my game and my fellowship, is overly critical of different gaming styles.

DeletedUser5278

I agree with the above frustrations. I'm a newer player (Chapter 4) who started after the new battle changes. I won a total of one battle in chapters 1 & 2 - as I was constantly outgunned. So, now I negotiate everything. Newer players have smaller cities and fewer goods and coins than advanced players - and need to be able to buy small amounts from the wholesaler now and again. But these increases - especially raising prices for repeat purchases - will kill me and a lot of other newer players. I thought Inno was trying to grow their player base. But everything they do seems to be aimed to alienate newer/entry level players.

DeletedUser1826

I agree with the above frustrations. I'm a newer player (Chapter 4) who started after the new battle changes. I won a total of one battle in chapters 1 & 2 - as I was constantly outgunned. So, now I negotiate everything. Newer players have smaller cities and fewer goods and coins than advanced players - and need to be able to buy small amounts from the wholesaler now and again. But these increases - especially raising prices for repeat purchases - will kill me and a lot of other newer players. I thought Inno was trying to grow their player base. But everything they do seems to be aimed to alienate newer/entry level players.

I started a city in beta specifically so that I could have the experience of starting a city with the new battle system. In chapter 1 and 2, I was toast, however, I made sure to keep my scouted provinces at the minimum needed to open the chest at the beginning of the next chapter, and now I am easily winning battles. My beta city is growing faster than any of my others have, and I'm enjoying the game a lot, still! For the trades, have you tried posting trades? Are you in a good fellowship?

DeletedUser1989

Yes I expect a wave of people leaving as well
I plan on it. Just starting the search for a new game

I remember the combat issue and the designers then "consolidating" everyone close together on the maps because of so many people gone
They might have to consolidate worlds after this

DeletedUser1989

I started a city in beta specifically so that I could have the experience of starting a city with the new battle system. In chapter 1 and 2, I was toast, however, I made sure to keep my scouted provinces at the minimum needed to open the chest at the beginning of the next chapter, and now I am easily winning battles. My beta city is growing faster than any of my others have, and I'm enjoying the game a lot, still! For the trades, have you tried posting trades? Are you in a good fellowship?

I am in a good fellowship - but steel and planks are a rarer commodity for us - not enough production for the demand - and the same for from the neighbors. I can't even get bad trades from the scalpers in the trading area as that gets snapped up.
The only things that stay open on our trading menu are demand for steel and planks
I regularly have to go to the wholesaler or fight for the few resources that get posted.

DeletedUser4416

Hello All...
What caused the point totals to go down? I had 2 upgrades running overnight. When I woke up my points went down almost 300 points??

DeletedUser1036

I just...lost all reason to visit neighbors unless I am strapped for cash
Yes I agree totally...NH visit's have just become a waste of time, I'll still do fellowship visit's just because we are a team

What's worse is that problem was mentioned on the beta forum
The way I see it (because I am on both) is the Beta group's only function is to point out bugs and even those make it to the live servers sometimes.

It feels like the Live servers are now the Beta testers of game play with fewer bugs. I suspect since this game is already almost 2 years old, and given the notion the developers changed a function of the game that goes all the way back to the First Chapter of research clues me to believe there will be a new game in the future that is offered by Inno and it uses this games basic programming but with a different theme and graphics.

DeletedUser5278

Yes, I'm in a good fellowship - and trade a number of times a day. I'm more worried now about the new players in level one that I've recruited into our growing fellowship. They're enthusiastic - but just starting out. If game changes hurt their progress -- and they lose enthusiasm and stop playing...then Elvenar's future is limited.

DeletedUser1036

What caused the point totals to go down? I had 2 upgrades running overnight. When I woke up my points went down almost 300 points??

While I am not positive I think there was a problem with some of the event buildings giving ranking points when they shouldn't have........

DeletedUser4416

While I am not positive I think there was a problem with some of the event buildings giving ranking points when they shouldn't have........
That could be, but I have basically the same event buildings as others in the fellowship, and they don't look like they lost points... This is bizarre

DeletedUser4416

That could be, but I have basically the same event buildings as others in the fellowship, and they don't look like they lost points... This is bizarre
I went and looked again, the 2 human cities, mine and the guy right below me, lost points, but the elves cities did not. - Pretty much the same buildings. Did the human cities get the extra points only?

WolfSinger

I have an elven city and while I don't know the number of points lost - I dropped 10 places in rank - so even the Elven cities were affected

DeletedUser4416

I have an elven city and while I don't know the number of points lost - I dropped 10 places in rank - so even the Elven cities were affected
Thanks... While it's not good, glad we were all treated the same..