• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.22

DeletedUser1036

Well I have already seen the wholesaler in Beta. Really thought and still do think it will cause more problems for players at different levels then some people think.

Anyway I really would like a real explanation for the developers new BUZZ word "balancing" because up until the past few updates the game seemed fair and fun for everyone, now it seems these "balances" just create an uproar.

DeletedUser2870

Really scant info sgain.
And surprise, surprise, the units that have been hit hardest by the changes in the new system are still being overlooked:
sorceress, still worthless range and hitpoints
treants, lost their tank hitpoints and lost their lvl2 ability to reduce attacks from opponents
granite golem
Are the devs having a problem with elves in general? then why ever make it a player race?

New set-up for the wholesaler doesnt really look promising

and once again...DETAILS please. Alot of things this, several things that. No specifics, so who the hell knows whether anything got done?

And as stated above: exactly what is balanced? why? why was it presumed unbalanced? details!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4778

Will definately be an uproar but there is most updates. I have started many towns, most boost only, and never needed the wholesaler. If a new player is relying on the wholesaler I would be very concerned about the approach and/or fellowship they are in.
I needed the wholesaler when I started playing which was during the Summer Solstice event because there was no steel to be had in my area -- as in none. All the steel producers were inactive cities. Nobody took my marble for steel trades, marble for planks yes, but not marble for steel. It took a very long time before I was able to fulfill the "Gain 1,000 Steel" quest.

DeletedUser3881

Well I have already seen the wholesaler in Beta. Really thought and still do think it will cause more problems for players at different levels then some people think.

Anyway I really would like a real explanation for the developers new BUZZ word "balancing" because up until the past few updates the game seemed fair and fun for everyone, now it seems these "balances" just create an uproar.
It all goes to one simple reason: Money. The more difficult they make it to advance, some people get desperate and spend real money to buy fake diamonds and advance.

DeletedUser3881

I needed the wholesaler when I started playing which was during the Summer Solstice event because there was no steel to be had in my area -- as in none. All the steel producers were inactive cities. Nobody took my marble for steel trades, marble for planks yes, but not marble for steel. It took a very long time before I was able to fulfill the "Gain 1,000 Steel" quest.
If your fellowship is not very active and your neighbors are practically inactive, getting trades is very difficult, that is why I have to use the wholesaler a lot. Also when you have excess of money, but in that case is not to advance.

Deleted User - 691030

This wholesaler change is going to be disastrous to just starting players. The wholesaler was pivotal to my success in the first chapter or two, before I knew about boosted goods and Fellowships. Lets face it most chapter 1 players cannot even get into Fellowships that are active. So you would need to be seriously lucky in world map location to get the trades needed to succeed early in city growth or use the wholesaler. And building only boosted goods was lost on me until I got into a Fellowship and had guidance from more experienced Elvenar players.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
All I can say is that I started a town on the beta server a week or so back and I have used the trader once because I needed goods, and a couple of times because I had too much cash. Only one of those times did I pay a higher price because I wanted 40 and it was only offering me 30 in the first batch. I am 8 KP from finishing the Advanced Scouts to get into Chapter 2, and have finished 18/23 steps on the Valentine Quest. Anyone who is panicking about new players disintegrating without the old trader is exaggerating.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Anyone who is panicking about new players disintegrating without the old trader is exaggerating.

Agreed, I have a small town without any fellowship and boosts only and it is surviving without the wholesaler. It actually takes surprisingly few people to make it work. it will be tougher to use the quest/wholesaler system for starting towns but most new players never new about that anyway. The effect of player movement should also ensure more people are in active neighbourhoods, they need more work on it but it didn't exist when a lot of players began their games.

treants, lost their tank hitpoints and lost their lvl2 abilitybto reduce attacks from opponents

The talk on beta is the last tournament was easier then most because it was treants. They don't have the same abilities as they use to have but they still dominate in their area. They are one of the few troops I can auto-fight in level 6 in tournaments and win the majority of times, most other units that stops around level 4/5

DeletedUser2870

yes, they dominate when you have the orc-chapter upgrade
Before that, they may be ok, but the losses are not exactly in line.Low level treants are too easily destroyed. And while I agree they may have been avtad overpowered before, after the change they lost too much.
Even now, I have squads of treants ll getting gobbled up by cerberus units, and thats in the freaking GZ zone. That just isnt right.
Part of that is because losses in numbers dont balance out with the damage dealt. A squad of 100 cerberus units does x damage, but if that squad is reduced to only 5 units they dont do 5% but still do 50% of a full squads damage. A completely idiotic system of course.

DeletedUser2870

Sooooo...are you trying to talk them into nerfing the dogs next? I really like the dogs @Dhurrin :eek:

Nooooooooo!
Too many units already have been nerved. If they want to nerve some more its like sending in troops having to use sporks against machetes.
Leave the dogs, but the fact that a unit that has sustained 99% losses still does 50% damage is strange to say the least. Id prefer that to be fixed to a corresponding percentage. Which of course should be implemented on both sides.

DeletedUser4537

My larger city is surrounded by fairly active players who all have the very same boosted goods. This means other goods either don't stay on the trader long, those players just take what is already being traded and don't post at all. On average I might see nine out of ten pages posted are my own boosts. The other one or two pages are almost always one of my non-boosts, being traded for another of my non-boosts. If it wasn't for the Wholesaler, I don't think I could function at all -- and/or I'm considering leaving my very good fellowship because the most active players there -- say it with me -- have my boosts as well.
If there was a way to negotiate with Inno to get my boosts changed, I'd start over in a heart beat -- rebuild all my manufactories from scratch. Don't think they'd go for it though...

DeletedUser4778

My larger city is surrounded by fairly active players who all have the very same boosted goods. This means other goods either don't stay on the trader long, those players just take what is already being traded and don't post at all. On average I might see nine out of ten pages posted are my own boosts. The other one or two pages are almost always one of my non-boosts, being traded for another of my non-boosts. If it wasn't for the Wholesaler, I don't think I could function at all -- and/or I'm considering leaving my very good fellowship because the most active players there -- say it with me -- have my boosts as well.
If there was a way to negotiate with Inno to get my boosts changed, I'd start over in a heart beat -- rebuild all my manufactories from scratch. Don't think they'd go for it though...
Exactly. I've seen comments from other players in other threads and in beta stating that they realized how lucky they were that were surrounded by big cities that took their trades when they started a new city and didn't get the same lucky deal. Many aren't that lucky and not everyone is in a fellowship. I didn't care about fellowships when I was starting because I wanted to go solo until I realized that goods production is a major issue. I started looking for one when trading for goods became a serious problem and I couldn't get enough from the wholesaler because I didn't know about maximizing quests and, even if I did, I doubt if my small city then could have quickly generated the required goods for the Summer Solstice quests. I did way more beverages than I care to count just to generate more supplies that I could spend at the wholesaler to get steel.