• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.22

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I think the reason that players suggested a better AI was for auto-battle for tournaments as the battles take a lot longer now to fight manually.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I think the reason that players suggested a better AI was for auto-battle for tournaments as the battles take a lot longer now to fight manually.

I used auto a lot and never had a great issue with it. of course manual gave better results but auto is about saving time (either in fighting or figuring it out). The gaps in the AI then provided something to be exploited in a manual fight.

DeletedUser1016

I used auto a lot and never had a great issue with it. of course manual gave better results but auto is about saving time (either in fighting or figuring it out). The gaps in the AI then provided something to be exploited in a manual fight.
I'm experiencing the same when I participate in the tournaments - I'll use auto fight until I'm defeated then redo the battle manually, only to still loose and then have to cater. Personally, I find that it's not worth the time to fight any of the tournament battles manually.

DeletedUser2870

@Mykan (and @Marindor if he's watching)
My main problem with the AI is the way ranged units act, especially MY ranged units seem more prone to it than the opposing ones, but that could be just a feeling.
Anyway, ranged units ONLY keep track of their target and try to stay out of range of that targets range of moves. However, they pay no attention at all to other units.
So in a lower chapter I can have 2 opposing squads of heavy melee. I'll use 5 archers. My archers will stay out of range of their selected target, but will blindly park themselves within range, or even directly next to, the other heavy melee unit which then gobbles them up.
Same thing I see in higher chapters where I use my golems to kill the mistwalkers while keeping them out of range of the mutated orc generals and knights...but on autobattle they will happily position themselves next to the orc-general or the knight, only to be cut to pieces.

Also, ranged units on auto seem to want to withdraw into a corner instead of trying to keep moving. But once cornered they are of course dead meat

DeletedUser5747

On US serve in E world I am the biggest city. I have finished Wood Elves and keep getting told by the devs I need to "slow down". So I became the ATM of traders, serving 4-5 fellowships and over 100 other players. I took any and all trades., and used the trader daily. I also used to buy diamonds at least weekly. No more. Not buying diamonds, can't win fights and now they screwed with the trader. Just maintaining my city for the fellowship, but not much interested in "playing" since all I can do is dump KPs into ancient wonders and take limited trades now. I have been looking for another game.
I am just coming over to see your place. Starryeyed will I be?

DeletedUser3484

OMG...:eek::eek: you know, I used to LOVE Tournaments, I THRIVED on Tournaments, it gave me so much happiness and pleasure to be able to help my 3 different FS by CATERING my way through 5 levels to give us ALL the benefits of WINNING as a TEAM. By judicious TRADING with my FS and neighbors I would plot my way and was able to reach 5000 on most Tourneys, I am not a fighter, I try, but alas, I dont do it well and find that Catering is my "Thing", that I would use the Trader to come up with those small amounts needed late a night when no one was available to complete the Provence was CRITICAL. Now that option is gone, I struggle to complete even 3. My FS have lost my contribution to the whole. You have taken that away from me and didn't even ASK if I wanted the option or not. Good manners where I come from dictate that you ASK a person if they are interested in change and if NOT then you DON'T.... you have stolen the ONE thing I took pride in..and are making the FS the Losers not the Winners in all this. I love this game, I love all my FS but I do NOT love these incessant changes that do nothing but create mayhem and madness across the land. Respectfully......:(:(:(