• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 1.22

DeletedUser5139

The strange thing to me is that the game is designed to punish the city for things outside its control -- mainly those that are unlucky enough to be in inactive areas of the map or have less committed players. Let's see:

1) Inactive neighbors = less visits and therefore, significantly less culture boost/coin help.
2) When inactives are removed, the empty province is worth half in terms of coins. Why? Not my fault that the game got boring to so many of my neighbors. Being at the edge of the map (no moves for me, sigh) I've had literally 50% of my discovered provinces be empty at times.
3) I see several neighbors that went inactive while upgrading their main hall and without culture buildings. This seems to leave a starter city with nothing to click (once the builder is cap'd at a single help). Visits to this neighbor are impossible. Again, why punish the active player unlucky enough to discover such stuck cities? This is worse than an empty province because it's literally worth zero!
4) Inactives don't trade. Wholesaler to the rescue! Well, you know ... before 1.22.
5) People click whatever they want. I constantly get MH donations instead of Culture (despite CBM in my city name) -- or worse, get people clicking a silly low culture building instead of a high one. Who gets punished for players being lazy and just clicking whatever?

To me, the fixes are simple and probably not newly suggested:

1) MY culture boost should be based on MY decision to visit other cities rather than as it is now, where MY culture is based on someone else's decision to keep playing the game.
2) Empty city hexagons should be worth the same coins as a populated MH click.
3) Look into the stuck cities issue, but if #1 is implemented well, this might be moot.
4) The change makes little sense to me to start with, but if IG wants to stick with it, consider upping the quantity.
5) Allow players to configure a culture building with a checkbox to "receive help?" Y/N .... I'd like to turn off help on buildings with low culture (these are usually buildings that also have pop).

My 2 diamonds worth, anyway.

DeletedUser6483

The new Wholesaler SUCKS it needs to go back to the old way it was consistant across the board and this new one changes, a alot of the people around me and in my fellow ship do not have what i need or cannot offer what i need due to the fact that i am 30000 points ahead of them and that i am in a different chapter than them, at least with the old one i could look in the trader and if it wasnt the could save up from my visits and be able t o see when i would be able to have a goal. the fact that the whole saler increases with each purchase and then resets every day is a joke the cost of buildings and techs on the tree increase as we get farther and farther the cost of the goods needed to do that should not it took me 3 months to get though the dwarfs and it will take at least 2 to get thought the fairies with this new whole saler it will likly take me close to 4 and i have a life outside of this game i play 1-2 times a day for 30 to 60 minutes. i do not have the time to sit on my rump to watch the trader to get the deals i need if they are fair since no one seems to post fairly and play, it is a game the whole saler is the store prices should be fixed the trader is a market place to get the things you need for cheaper and the people who will not post fair or better than fair trades should not get the trades on general purposes.

DeletedUser2424

Anyone else noticing the initiative seems to have been updated a bit? I've been seeing things attack my pally's instead of my mage or heavy ranged unit right next to it... It's odd... but in this case in a way that is beneficial to me.

Anyone else noticing this difference post 1.22?

DeletedUser3767

I read through the explanation on the Trader and logically, it is too confusing for most players, especially the newer ones. The amount you can get from the Wholesaler is based on the level of your Main Hall? Rubbish. It really looks more like a way to get us to spend more real money for the fake gems to use to build our cities. Forget the fancier and more "realistic" city look, make the Trader an asset instead of a thief. I have spent a lot of real money but may reconsider my dedication to the game!

DeletedUser6085

The Trader's prices are nothing to do with innumeracy, and everything to do with balance. Resources are meant to be limited. As things have been, for the savvy player the only thing limited was space. This change is an attempt to bring the game-play back to where it was intended, and is only a penalty for those who were buying a lot of resources, instead of using it only as a sink for excess coin. This will be no more than a minor inconvenience for those who are playing as the game is designed. It will be a much larger inconvenience for those who were using unintended play styles. There's nothing wrong with using unintended play styles that don't break the rules, but to expect the developers to keep making them easy and not do anything to curtail them is unreasonable.

I'm one of those players who produces their goods, but uses the wholesaler entirely to lower the bank balance or supplies balance. I liked the old way better. If I have to empty my bank several times a day, I've got to pay more for each lowering. It's ridiculous. You guys are penalizing those of us who use it as it was intended. If I could lower the number of residences so my bank would not fill up so much, I would do that. Unfortunately, I need the population those residences provide. :mad:

DeletedUser6085

Forget the fancier and more "realistic" city look, make the Trader an asset instead of a thief. I have spent a lot of real money but may reconsider my dedication to the game!

Fancier, more realistic look?! Give me a break! Really? Adding some fog to the top of my screen is not what I would consider to be a more realistic look. All it did was make me think my monitor was going bad. :oops: If you say you're going to do realistic, then do it. Gee whiz. Fog?!

DeletedUser6085

We all liked it better. That doesn't mean it was balanced.
I do realize newer players, smaller cities, should not have to pay what the bigger cities do. I'm fine with that. There was a better way of doing the wholesaler than what they have. Why does it have to increase with each purchase? Does neighborly help increase in amount given each time you do neighborly help? Of course not. Yet, it is based on the main hall level as well. They could have made a similar variance in the cost of goods, based on the level of the main hall, without causing an increase in price each time someone has to lower their bank balance.

DeletedUser6483

So how about that GLITCH that affected everyone and it awarded points that where not earned so now we have readjusted the scores. Sorry for that.
If a Glitch added points to everyone across the board and everyone across the board was treated the same based on what they had done then its not a GLITCH i Lost 30000 XP and 400 in rank if they reevaluated everyone then the loss of XP would still put me at roughly the same spot not 400 less in rank. they just need to stop fixing stuff thats not really broke, the first of which is the Wholesaler who is obviously a serial rapist.

DeletedUser6483

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please share any feedback you have regarding update 1.22 in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Is there actually going to be someone who looks at all of these and sees the outrage everyone has with the Fix of the Glitch and the wholesaler and then fix that or are we all just going to vent and be upset with the fact that the game we loved and was working great has now changed and more people will leave the game when there is already had to be a fix to move people to the center of the map because you cant keep people playing or are these fixes just to get everyone to stop playing you game so you can have to stop developing the next chapters cause if that is the case just shut done the servers and we will all find new things to do.

nightrider1

city at lvl 18 going into orcs. intake from collections ,fellowship and 121neighbor hood visits6.5 million cost to produce goods 2/9hr and 1/3hr 1million daily. with 1.5m to scout daily that leaves 4.5 million coins to run past trader or I just stop neighbor visits since this is suppose to be part of the game thats enchoraged(visiting) please please MR developer tell me where to shove the rest of the coins

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Why does it have to increase with each purchase? Does neighborly help increase in amount given each time you do neighborly help?

Technically neighbourly help does increase, not by visit but by exploration. :p Also by main hall increases.

One would assume the increasing amount is to restrict the abuse that was possible by making it compounding interest. I would prefer it if they had done a lower amount like 20-30%, but figure if they ever review it its always easier for them to review it down rather then up.

We can still dump our coins we just get less for it now, there are ways to still maximise how you use it. ;)

DeletedUser4194

don't know if the update posted - but my Bulwark collection this morning added to my troop count. However, no sign of any compensation as promised by the release notes. - Hey Mods - what's up with that? I know the devs hate the idea of compensating players for game issues that impact play - but it's in writing that they were going to compensate people - NADA.

If I'm posting before the update was done - then ignore me. But, if it has been completed then please explain what the compensation was supposed to be and when it will be given to players. Unfortunately, I will be offline from about 7:15 am to 6:00pm Mountain Time (Work)

Send in a ticket to the Support team please :)

JeanFritz

Ok, so after I submitted a complaint about how sucky the new wholesaler is, the support team gave me a very nice reply but recommended I read through this forum. Ha! What you're all saying here, is pretty much what my complaint was. From what I've read of these comments, NOBODY likes the new wholesaler--at best, one or two people are saying "it isn't that bad". This is like the "upgrade" to the combat system: Inno knows what Inno wants, and they're not too concerned about how we feel about it. Right?

Well, the support team asked me to post my comments here, because "The developers *do* see it :)" So:

Dear developers,
You have made a really fun game which many people enjoy. You encourage social interaction, which is nice. You allow us to build as we like, kind of, which is nice. You have some nice graphics, and some poorly implemented ideas (like the fog--sorry, but it *does* just make it look like the screen is going bad). You also have a tendency to hurt the people who really want to play the game as it is intended. It's advertised as a "city builder", but there's a *requirement* to waste resources on armies and military tech--which wouldn't be so bad, except that almost *nobody* actually enjoys the "improved" combat system. Nice ideas with the new units, but forcing us to waste most of our armies because "some players were extending too far" is just petty and spiteful. And now, there's this new penalty for using the wholesaler. You think it's better linked to the main hall? Well, I think it's better with more options (like before); why can't we both be right? You want to punish excessive use of the wholesaler? Well, I think you should NOT punish casual use; why can't we both be right?

So far, we're not seeing much of what the players are actually asking for, even though most of the changes in (for example) https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/a-list-of-small-improvements-we-all-want.4178/ are pretty easy to implement. (I mean, come on, a simple circle on the map to mark the recommended limit of exploration for each chapter. That's a lot easier to program than that irritating red exclamation mark on the banshees--which you did finally get rid of, thank you.)

Anyway: it's your game, we're just players. Fine. However, if you keep changing the rules to benefit *you* and hurt *us*, then you'll find yourself sitting in the playground with your ball, all by yourself, while your players are off playing with somebody else's ball. (Most of us learn that lesson in primary school.)

Cheers.

DeletedUser5278

Ok, so after I submitted a complaint about how sucky the new wholesaler is, the support team gave me a very nice reply but recommended I read through this forum. Ha! What you're all saying here, is pretty much what my complaint was. From what I've read of these comments, NOBODY likes the new wholesaler--at best, one or two people are saying "it isn't that bad". This is like the "upgrade" to the combat system: Inno knows what Inno wants, and they're not too concerned about how we feel about it. Right?

Well, the support team asked me to post my comments here, because "The developers *do* see it :)" So:

Dear developers,
You have made a really fun game which many people enjoy. You encourage social interaction, which is nice. You allow us to build as we like, kind of, which is nice. You have some nice graphics, and some poorly implemented ideas (like the fog--sorry, but it *does* just make it look like the screen is going bad). You also have a tendency to hurt the people who really want to play the game as it is intended. It's advertised as a "city builder", but there's a *requirement* to waste resources on armies and military tech--which wouldn't be so bad, except that almost *nobody* actually enjoys the "improved" combat system. Nice ideas with the new units, but forcing us to waste most of our armies because "some players were extending too far" is just petty and spiteful. And now, there's this new penalty for using the wholesaler. You think it's better linked to the main hall? Well, I think it's better with more options (like before); why can't we both be right? You want to punish excessive use of the wholesaler? Well, I think you should NOT punish casual use; why can't we both be right?

So far, we're not seeing much of what the players are actually asking for, even though most of the changes in (for example) https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/a-list-of-small-improvements-we-all-want.4178/ are pretty easy to implement. (I mean, come on, a simple circle on the map to mark the recommended limit of exploration for each chapter. That's a lot easier to program than that irritating red exclamation mark on the banshees--which you did finally get rid of, thank you.)

Anyway: it's your game, we're just players. Fine. However, if you keep changing the rules to benefit *you* and hurt *us*, then you'll find yourself sitting in the playground with your ball, all by yourself, while your players are off playing with somebody else's ball. (Most of us learn that lesson in primary school.)

Cheers.
A perfect response...:)!

DeletedUser6085

Technically neighbourly help does increase, not by visit but by exploration. :p Also by main hall increases.

One would assume the increasing amount is to restrict the abuse that was possible by making it compounding interest. I would prefer it if they had done a lower amount like 20-30%, but figure if they ever review it its always easier for them to review it down rather then up.

We can still dump our coins we just get less for it now, there are ways to still maximise how you use it. ;)

I was referring to the amount of coins and supplies we get for each visit of neighborly help. Further, neighborly help does not increase by exploration. I find myself discovering dead cities that haven't been removed or coin cities more than anything else. :p :D

If, by maximize, you mean spreading out the coins, I usually try to get the things that I'm not overloaded in already.