• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.52

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
i thought all set pieces had to be connected to each other and have a road to each piece ? i just have parts of the Easter set connected and not sure if that matters i'm in ceravyn if that matters
You're only supposed to need a road to one piece in each set if the pieces are touching each other.

DeletedUser1390

i thought all set pieces had to be connected to each other and have a road to each piece ? i just have parts of the Easter set connected and not sure if that matters i'm in ceravyn if that matters
No, you just have to have one piece on a road, and can daisy chain others from that one and still have them all count as connected.
Of course you can't verify this now since it appears to be not working!!:eek:

DeletedUser9601

No, just one road touching one piece of the set. Then, if everything is touching, the set "chains" the road connection. That was one of the beauty of some of the set buildings - by removing the need for a road, you effectively make each set building smaller by anywhere from 0.5-0.25 squares.

DeletedUser1390

ok then the reason i asked is i tried to have it one piece of road connected and they didn't work so i connected all pieces to road
Well if you just tried it today, that makes perfect sense - cuz it ain't working!!

DeletedUser1390

I just got a response from Support about the Set Building road connections. They are saying that duplicates of the same building were not supposed to provide road connection through each other in the first place, and it was a bug that they did so. This 'bug' was corrected with today's update, which is why it no longer works.

hvariidh gwendrot

I just got a response from Support about the Set Building road connections. They are saying that duplicates of the same building were not supposed to provide road connection through each other in the first place, and it was a bug that they did so. This 'bug' was corrected with today's update, which is why it no longer works.
i have my pavilion connected to my plaza from the easter set .. are they considered duplicate buildings because they are from the same set ?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No. duplicates are two of the same building. Buildings in the same set are intended to work together

Last edited:

DeletedUser5800

Lame. I know someone who went for all frozen fountains, and now they will each need a road?
Seems to be the case, you recall us having this discussion when sets first came out and due to no official response came to the conclusion that the other way was the bug... so either we were backwards back then and it was bugged when it worked or the bug is back and they are just embracing it. o_O
upload_2018-4-19_14-41-8.png

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Am I understanding this right? Now if you have 2 of the same set piece and they are both connected to multiple other pieces only one will give the bonus for multiple connections? (I understand the road part)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Am I understanding this right? Now if you have 2 of the same set piece and they are both connected to multiple other pieces only one will give the bonus for multiple connections? (I understand the road part)
Only one has ever given the bonus. Multiple of the same bonus can each receive a bonus from a building they all touch, but not provide a bonus to it. That was always true.

The new fact that each requires a road connection is a terrible and pointless decision that I suspect is more about lazy programming than actual intent.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Could we please have the color code for the Ancient Knowledges ?
So we can know their KP value... because this is not displayed when looking at chests

The purple ones are 20KP and the blue are 5KP. So far the wonders are only using these values of KP instants even though there are other instants with the same colour. So for now it is fairly straight forward to work out. Gems of knowledge is likely to have an update soon.

Only one has ever given the bonus. Multiple of the same bonus can each receive a bonus from a building they all touch, but not provide a bonus to it. That was always true.

The new fact that each requires a road connection is a terrible and pointless decision that I suspect is more about lazy programming than actual intent.

From the post this morning it would seem that duplicates buildings now count as separate sets both in terms of roads and bonuses. That makes sense but it is not what I had understood from the initial posts about them. I know many of us have a set with a duplicate (or more) as part of the group

DeletedUser1390

The Wiki Set Building entry of Dec. 4 says:

Any building of a set can serve as a Portal/Connector for the other buildings that are part of the same set [emphasis mine].
Since a 'set' in this context comprises exactly one (or zero) of each building type, it does seem the original intent was to have only the unique buildings of one set provide road connection, not duplicates. So the programming laziness was at the outset, allowing all buildings of the set to daisy chain in any combination.

It really would be nice though if these new features could work as intended from the start. Most people don't read the descriptions in detail, and learn how these things work by trying them. And then we naturally assume that however they work is... how they're supposed to work. And plan accordingly. This makes an about face like this very frustrating, regardless of the original intent.

Perhaps when the developers make a relatively inconsequential slip like this in the players' favor, that has no significant effect on play balance, they could just say "Our bad" :oops: - and let it stand?

DeletedUser51

We are going to get clarification as to whether duplicates of the same set are or are not able to be connected to each other. I do not believe that the intent was to have multiple 'unique' sets connected to a single point of road but we have players reporting that this is still occurring, while others are saying it is not and they did need additional roadways. I will update the announcement post as soon as we have an answer one way or another (which I hope to be in the morning (German Time).