• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Season of Dreams Discussion Thread

Dew Spinner

I took a look through the 10 pages of rewards for the Diamond option and there were 8 buildings that I would "like" so that comes to 375 Diamonds per building that I would "like" and one of them will give you 4 or 5 Pet Food. Sounds expensive at first but I believe they have sold some of those buildings and Pet Food in Holiday sales for more that 375 Diamonds.

Rp44

The daily and weekly quests are random. The only things I can think of as constraints to randomness are chapter specific goods quests and that I haven't received or seen anyone complain about a spire encounter quest on a Saturday. Otherwise anything can show up at any time. Of course "easy" or "outrageous" depends quite a bit on playstyle. :)

I definitely will not be changing any of my playstyles to accomodate an optional feature that does not need to be completed in full to receive a few nice rewards (choices between troop instants and goods!). When it first started on beta I was apprehensive about FOMO, but the changes to how many petals are needed to get to the final prize fixed that issue. I'll check the quests each "day" and if I can reasonably do them I will, otherwise I won't. At least no one will ask me to make a Crystal Ball long after all my factories are no longer capable of one day productions!

Rythel

Since as I understand it, Seasons will replace the event
tasks structure for future events.
That's not quite right. Seasons have now replaced the repeating quests. Once you hit a certain point in the quest progression, you start to receive the same declinable quests over and over again. Quests such as "Admirable Altars Please!" and "Visiting the Tavern" are examples of the repeatable quests that have been replaced. It was not announced that it will affect future events.
It seems like you only need to do about half of the season's quests to complete the prize path.
I sure hope that's the case and that your math is correct! That would remove the requirement of doing every quest and allow you to skip quests that are completely antagonistic to your playstyle.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
For F2P players the last rewards are premium so even not finishing wont be the end of the world. The daily quest chest is also not a deal breaker, so ignoring a crazy workshop (or whatever requirement) task wont put you at a big disadvantage. In the most part it is just free stuff for doing what you normally do and a variety of things as opposed to old system.

They had tried to get rid of repeating quests before but the game was too dependent on them. They just ignored them added instants and such and made them obsolete for most towns (except some designed to use them). So the change is most welcome for most players. I do think it a shame there is no free reward for the final step if a person does get there.

Agvar

I think you missed the part of the announcement right after that stating, "Still, the quests may also encourage you to check out areas of the game you usually don’t touch too often."

People in our FS, myself included, are happy the repeatable quests are gone! Most of us just ignored those requests and didn't do anything with them. You can use the Crafting in the Magic Academy to get Coin Sacks, plus Coin Sacks are offered as rewards.

With this new quest line, and the current event, our FS is even more chatty. I've spent more time in the game today than I did prior days. It feels more like a treasure hunt and it's super exciting!
No, I did not miss any of the announcement. I am happy with my style of play and do not wish to be forced into playing differently. I have no desire to "check out areas of the game I usually don't touch too often" for very good reasons; they are either not relevant to me, or are only relevent during Events or FAs.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

That's not quite right. Seasons have now replaced the repeating quests.
let me ask this way ......

Seasons will be replacing "personal" quests, Not "Event" quests ( y/n )??
If , no , what are they replacing, again ??? (please/thank you)

LisaMV

OK ~ I have just received a Daily Quest for producing troops. I don't, I am a full-time caterer.
I don't see any reset for this, so is this YET ANOTHER double-down on the fighter stuff? The Events are now laced so heavily with all fighty things, as dailies, as extras, as the main building - it has become very unbalanced, worse every new step.

I may be just talking to myself until I quit Elvenar... but this was touted as a "choose how to play!" game when I began. Seems like this is not actually true.
:(

defiantoneks

i'm not complaining at all. even skipping the fancy paid prizes, i'm getting troop instants which are far, far, far better than doing useless productions to get a few measly supplies or coins, which i am overburdened with anyway.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
OK ~ I have just received a Daily Quest for producing troops. I don't, I am a full-time caterer.
I don't see any reset for this, so is this YET ANOTHER double-down on the fighter stuff? The Events are now laced so heavily with all fighty things, as dailies, as extras, as the main building - it has become very unbalanced, worse every new step.

I may be just talking to myself until I quit Elvenar... but this was touted as a "choose how to play!" game when I began. Seems like this is not actually true.
you can not be a main fighter and still make a few troops..
I am a fighter.. its not like i gave up making any goods.

May im recalling incorrectly, but the barracks was a mandatory building to place in the city. You cant even teleport it back to inventory. So it would really just be setting a few troops to build and collecting them.. About as simple as it gets. If it were 'fight and win 30 encounters' then yea.. i could see that being an issue. But producing troops rly isnt one. - Producing goods is a constantly repeating quests in every event. Producing troops is much more rare by comparison. And its rly the same process for both..

defiantoneks

you can not be a main fighter and still make a few troops..
I am a fighter.. its not like i gave up making any goods.

May im recalling incorrectly, but the barracks was a mandatory building to place in the city. You cant even teleport it back to inventory. So it would really just be setting a few troops to build and collecting them.. About as simple as it gets. If it were 'fight and win 30 encounters' then yea.. i could see that being an issue. But producing troops rly isnt one. - Producing goods is a constantly repeating quests in every event. Producing troops is much more rare by comparison. And its rly the same process for both..
and it's not like there are NO supply/goods quests. in fact i'm saddled with pretty much just that for both cities. make bread. make simple tools. make toolboxes. make 9 hr productions. gain a good amount of supplies.

at least now i get something of use for doing them. I never run 24 hr productions of goods, and clicking DECLINE on the over and over and over sequence of all 3 tiers was annoying. yep. i did that sometimes if i noticed that was the quest, just to get to an easy one (gain 4000 steel or whatever).

LordRezal

I hate it. I play in a top group for the FA's and I have quest wanting me to spend coin rains, not going to happen. Also I hate being forced to play the monthly event to participate in this new thing. It's bad enough they force fellowships to play the FA's now forcing us to play these stupid monthly events. Haven't even had time to check out the cauldron thing. Hey INNO how about giving us a chance to breath?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I hate it. I play in a top group for the FA's and I have quest wanting me to spend coin rains, not going to happen. Also I hate being forced to play the monthly event to participate in this new thing. It's bad enough they force fellowships to play the FA's now forcing us to play these stupid monthly events. Haven't even had time to check out the cauldron thing. Hey INNO how about giving us a chance to breath?
I don't think they're forcing us to do anything, including participating in FAs, events, cauldron, tourneys, Spires, or even joining fellowships. Good news--you can give yourself a breather!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@satchmo33 I MISS ELVENGEMS TOO!! I loved and depended on the daily prizes pages. Events just haven’t been the same since. I know we have a few dedicated players who put a lot of much appreciated work and time into the spreadsheets, etc but it isn’t the same. That is one of the factors that has caused me to loose interest in events. It kind of took some of the shine off.

That said, I’m not really doing the event but the event related quests in Seasons so far have been so easy it hasn’t mattered.

Rp44

The cities on the fringes of the playstyle spectrum (where most of mine exist also) will be the ones with the most quests to skip, or extra to do if they don't want to skip, just because of the variety of quests necessary for the thing not to be drudgery. I include players who use five day buildings for two tournies/spires in this group also. I'm certainly not going to leave a spire encounter or two at the top unfinished *just in case* I get a Spire daily quest on one of the ten days out of twelve I'm not doing the Spire.

The barracks is only mandatory once you build it. I have a tiny catering city without one. No new player following the story quests would ever realize that you don't have to build it, but once you know, it's definitely possible to build a flourishing city without one.

iDavis has made a Seasons section for his site, with a list of the possible quests you can receive: https://idavis-elvenar.com/seasons.html

Mykan

Oh Wise One

It is a misconception that cater only is a valid choice, it is a niche strategy. The game has always encouraged building a balanced town with military and factories. It why a serious military town also struggles with the quests as it really requires a certain amount of factories in the town too. It is also why the barracks can't be deleted/teleported as advised by devs ages ago.

On the positive side for you there are troop instants that turn up in various events and even the seasons. Try and see if using one of them works for the quest? If so, all you do is save them for those quests and easy win for your town.

they even give you two free passes to skip ones you dont want to do.

Only for the weekly ones, nothing for dailies if you get a bad fit

Deleted User - 849411552

I'm delighted with these Seasons mini-quests. The old endlessly rotating quests were just so much noise on my screen, but these mini-quests are fun. And if I don't feel like doing the dailies on a particular day it doesn't stop my progress towards the weeklies.