• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Set Buildings

DeletedUser9247

I never heard the answer on if same types would count each other and not need a road so I guess you found out the answer. Same types won't link so don't 'set' and it is recognizing a set of two and second set of one. My guess. If that is the case it screws up my plan to have a line of fountains without needing road. :eek:
Sad but true. Still one willow spot will hold 2 fountains AND a road for them so it's a win either way.
upload_2017-12-13_14-1-11.png

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Hi Ya'll, I need to ask a question and I don't mean to sound stupid but the set buildings all have to touch right? Well I have the 2nd prize and 2 of the giant hands and the prize and one of the hands go together but the other hand has to have a road, but it is touching the other hand, what am I doing wrong? Any help would sure be appreciated :) GS
If you're able to rearrange so that the hands are on either side of the Troll, then each will get one boost plus.

DeletedUser3602

A question for the Set Building experts: would you or would you not recommend new players to get them?
I'm afraid to say 'Pass!!' (that's how I feel about the Set) and screw them out of something good...

DeletedUser9601

A question for the Set Building experts: would you or would you not recommend new players to get them?
I'm afraid to say 'Pass!!' (that's how I feel about the Set) and screw them out of something good...
New players, like pre-Dwarves? I say pass.
1. you don't have much city space to begin with. So trying to fit 40 squares worth of event buildings is going to very difficult.
2. you "age out" of event buildings pretty quickly.

I think the second grand prize is great for newer players. If you win 1 or 2 set buildings to tack onto it, then gravy. But I wouldn't go out of my way for them. I'd focus on the efficient mid-sized culture buildings (like the Snowball Fight tomorrow) and one or two pop/culture buildings.

DeletedUser3602

Yeah, thanks Soggy. I had already recommended them to save their keys as much as possible for the Double Crowns days, but I forgot to mention the Time Instants. Will do.

kctanzen

If you could clarify something for me -- I think I'm on the right train of thought....

Have read up a bit about future growths (mana needs, though I'm a ways off yet) - I'm ready to activate dwarf hall but saving it for the quest step needing a tech to resolve. I have several techs researched, including a squad size that is an optional line and doesn't need culture goods, but would rather not do that and increase my tourney costs more.

Question is this: Does the frozen fountain 'grow' into producing mana or will it be fixed at the chapter first won?

I'm suspecting it is fixed .. but having had buildings change mid-stream before, I wanted to get your inputs!

Sidebar -- managed to get the Shipwreck I was crossing fingers for with my last keys saved up so far. Temporary loss of 30 culture (Temple of Ages) but gain 580 population until I get another couple expansion plots to re-build some culture as needed.

kctanzen

Fixed.:(
The devs said that someday blueprints may be used to upgrade event buildings to your current chapter, but they have been saying that for many months.

Thanks for the confirmation Soggy.

Makes me actually rather glad that I didn't get the Giant's Hand now because of the hair pulling that would cause me for the other set buildings :p.
Today's snowball fight thingy looks really promising -- heckuva culture bomb to replace 2 blossom tree inserts = 880 - 134 = 666(!) net culture gain.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm curious if that works no matter how many buildings of any type get put in a 'set'... i.e if a line of Frozen Fountains would still only need one road connection as opposed to having to run a road the full length like other mana buildings? I haven't seen the answer to that yet but in theory it should work that way.

Edit: Answer is links are the 'road connection' and since same types don't link they do all need a road if nothing is linking them.
delete.png

Fountains touching nothing but other fountains, working just fine.
No link bonus obviously, , but you can in fact chain just a bunch of fountains with only 1 road.