• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Should winning FA prizes be a competition?

Should winning FA prizes be a competition?

• Yes, competition is a good thing.

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Yes, it's something new and I like this direction.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Yes. (other reason)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • No, I don't want other fellowships to effect my success rate.

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • No, I didn't come to Elvenar for competition.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • No. (other reason.)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I was told there'd be cake.

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
No breann, it's very simple.
If you say "I found what you said to be nice/smart/wise" The person will take that as a compliment.
Maybe you don't have much real life interaction with human beings?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Oh for christ's sake...understand the english language before you start trying to make this into something that it isn't. Now we'll have 50 posts defining what is and what isn't moronic and is the use of the word offensive or isn't it and it will go on ad nauseam...as you and your little band of cohorts are known to do.
Definition: Deflection: changing the course of the argument to be about what is or isn't an insult instead of owning the fact your behavior is insulting. Then when that doesn't work, complaining about too many definitions of what did or didn't cause the insult.

DeletedUser1016

I should have left you on ignore where I had you, but like a fool I gave you another chance.
Ridiculous, like 90% of the drivel that oozes from you.
What a bunch of petulant little children.
It's dominated by a handful of overbearing egomaniacs.
Your statement is not only FALSE, it is also moronic.
and it will go on ad nauseam...as you and your little band of cohorts are known to do.

[the above is a small sampling of all the personal attacks by Breann just in this thread]
....again, why do you guys allow Breann to abuse you like this - you are actually contributing to this by indulging her/him by responding with reason, when clearly there is no reasoning possible? You guys are smarting then this, just ignore and it will go away!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7370

....again, why do you guys allow Breann to abuse you like this - you are actually contributing to this by indulging her/him by responding with reason, when clearly there is no reasoning possible? You guys are smarting then this, just ignore and it will go away!
I don't see the personal attacks as abuse. I have experienced abuse as a child, sexual assault as a child, and numerous forms of bullying during my schooling years. Since then I have been routinely been placed in charge of crews of people at every job I worked and now own my own business. I know my worth.

Any insult she hurls simply displays her skills at debate and the value of her arguments to all the people she has not insulted. In other words the 60 people that voted on this poll and have not said anything. She actually makes our case to keep competition out of the game for us by demonstrating that the people who most enjoy competitive play are often full of bitter venom and take pleasure in putting others down.

While I will admit I have been snide, snarky and dismissive of her views. I have also written out full explanations of why I consider those opinions wrong. Meaning I at least take the time to fully read what she wrote before saying it is wrong. As I said earlier, I do enjoy competitions of wit. That she has chosen to ignore me leaves me feeling like I won that battle of wits, because I am still happy to read what she writes and was not insulted by her.

DeletedUser4195

Even though it is sometimes annoying when INNO makes changes, I think the whole point is that the changes are testing the individual player's and fellowship's ability to adapt and continue to overcome. The cream will rise to the top. Someone who cannot adapt might be a top player, but if they cannot shift gears they won't stay there for long. I think that is the whole point.

DeletedUser5800

I thought I was talking about Tournaments but it turns out it was FA... aahhh well the bowl of water shows me what it shows me and I have do my best with the info. :p

evolves into game centric with say something as simple as sometimes the top prize is an awesome cultural building, which they seem to be into making prizes these days, then the entire dynamics change

FS vs. FS

the top will become more competitive and the middle down will have more trouble than ever, good for the dev's in the short term and even good for the top with more going on and more people grinding harder against each other, which I'll admit would be fun in it's own way for those that are into that... but a lot of good middle casual spenders are going to get pushed out and from the bottom looking up it will just seem impossible to the point of quitting right away... it just seems like over the long term those of us that are already hooked (and already in the tournaments anyway)will just be running around each other in circles and very rarely will anyone new make it into that circle which is not a sustainable path and not fun for very long.

I'm not saying the canary in the coal mine is dead,

Now I'm saying the canary in coal mine is dead.

As far as this whole debate goes, the Breanns in the game won it the second they pulled their Credit Card out as now proven by the repeat. As long as there are 2 FS to play it CC war style it will not change. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As far as this whole debate goes, the Breanns in the game won it the second they pulled their Credit Card out as now proven by the repeat.
Ironically the one player insisting that the FA was perfect with the only worthwhile rank prizes going to the 1% isn't even in a FS this time. What a shame.....