• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
and why don't we avoid the what if's and stick to what is
Because history? Ever heard of "an ounce of prevention...."?
Also, "what is" is that as of now 100% of events require diamonds for many(most) players to complete.* Is that not concerning at all to you?
*Dispite iyapo's claim that you don't need a complete set for it to be complete because he is blinded by getting A CC per day.
I am sorry I am having a hard time being mad at Inno for introducing a lovely new set that will let me craft more. Crafting more = more free diamonds. I get to decide what to spend them on
1. not mad, concerned.
2. do you think this event is isolated? do you believe future events will either a) all give more crafting help, or b) won't have this new balance?
It is okay for things you WANT to cost diamonds. For example...I always spend diamonds to climb to the top of the spire and that's okay because I get more out of it then i put in.
And all players want the same things, right?

yeesh. Good luck guys you're going to end up with the game you deserve, just don't be surprised if it's not the one you want.

Nectar of the Gods

I don't believe I am going to win the steel building in any of my cities. If a person plays the event, they should have the ability to win the set being offered if they complete all the quests. I will complete all the quests in most of my cities. I have one where I might not pull off 20 vision vapor--we'll see. But I do not believe I will win that last building that produces steel.

To say it doesn't matter is to ignore the fact that it produces steel and is a part of the set. To say it doesn't matter is to ignore the hours of jumping through quest hoops to get to the end of the event and find you are not going to win regardless how much effort you put into it. Would you display a teddy bear without a leg? I doubt you would. If I go through the trouble of playing the event to its end then I should have a path to getting ALL of the buildings required in the grand prize without spending diamonds. Everyone should.

I do not have enough "free" diamonds stored up to buy Sorcerer's Knowledge. I do not belong to any FS that is Gold in the Spire. I have 1 FS that gets Silver every week and I go to the top myself. But I don't get FS rewards for the Laboratory. I do not win enough diamonds in the globe in the MA to give me tons of diamonds. I use diamonds every time I play the Spire, and I use them when I need things in the MA that I can't win in a Spire that gives me mostly spell frags--things like artifacts to evolve my buildings. And sometimes in cities which are not in fully functioning FSs I use diamonds to buy Royal Restoration spells in the MA so I can upgrade buildings that are important to me. Not everyone is lucky. Not everyone is in a Gold Spire FS. Not everyone can get a stockpile of those "free" diamonds.

Why should I be penalized when I put forth the effort to complete the event? I can tell you that every recent event wears a little heavier on me. I get a little more tired, a little less happy with the game and the time I am spending playing it. I'm asking myself now why am I doing this, using my time when the rewards are not there to justify the expense. I used to look forward to events because they would help me grow my city and I would get good prizes along the way that would be beneficial to my cities. The events have been destructive to my cities for a while now. I have to spend time recovering that I never had to spend before. They are no longer fun. Just drudgery for drudgery's sake with disruptions to my cities. But at least there was the prize at the end. Without a complete prize at the end, is there any use in playing them anymore? I think not.

SoggyShorts

Players do not need the forge for the building to work!
So spending diamonds because you're a completionist and you really want the whole set is a choice.
For someone on the leading edge of whinging about scroll abundance, you don't seem overly concerned about everyone winning a plank and marble maker while most won't win the steel maker.
I do not have enough "free" diamonds stored up to buy Sorcerer's Knowledge. I do not belong to any FS that is Gold in the Spire.
I'm pretty sure this is most people, but those championing the new elitist system apparently don't care.
"I get Gold in my FS therefore everyone should be expected to"

*note: I do get gold in all of my FS, but I can see beyond myself

SoggyShorts

We do all pick and choose what to spend our own diamonds on.
Right, and you see no problem when it reaches a point where you have to pick and choose which event to participate in because you can't do each one? Only enough diamonds for every second event? every 3rd?

Dew Spinner

Right, and you see no problem when it reaches a point where you have to pick and choose which event to participate in because you can't do each one? Only enough diamonds for every second event? every 3rd?
They both know it is wrong, they just don't want to admit it! I'm spending money because I want MORE than the 1 set you are SUPPOSE to get when you put the effort in. The set is adverstised as a 7 pc. set and a 7 pc set is what you should get, not a 6 pc. set.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

For someone on the leading edge of whinging about scroll abundance, you don't seem overly concerned about everyone winning a plank and marble maker while most won't win the steel maker.
I actually did think it was odd. I expected the plaza to be last. Steel players quit less often than marble and plank players so maybe there is an over abundance of steel...hiding somewhere?

2. do you think this event is isolated? do you believe future events will either a) all give more crafting help, or b) won't have this new balance?
No. I knew this was coming when I saw the feeding effect on the Ashen Phoenix. My biggest worry is that this building is bait and the next will be better and I will be sorry if I spend all my diamonds on this one and want the next even more.

I cant imagine wanting the next one more because I am blinded by the CCs.
*Dispite iyapo's claim that you don't need a complete set for it to be complete because he is blinded by getting A CC per day.

I actually said you dont need the complete set for it to work and you dont. And it provides 2 CCs per day, one is simply uncrafted. I know just how to fix that!

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
I already budget spend my diamonds. I can't have everything.

SoggyShorts

And it provides 2 CCs per day, one is simply uncrafted.
Relics =/= CCs unless you also get a free 6h timer instant to go with them. ;)
My biggest worry is that this building is bait and the next will be better and I will be sorry if I spend all my diamonds on this one and want the next even more.
Heh, yep. That has potential. I'm debating on just ditching my unlucky city which would effectively increase my diamond bank by 100%.
That doesn't answer my question unless you are saying that it's fine to not be able to complete future events? That's a game improvement?
We all budget.
You spend diamonds on A,B,C. how is it a good thing that D which used to be free now also costs diamonds? please explain.

SoggyShorts

The Event is completely optional. No one has to spend a single diamond.
We do all pick and choose what to spend our own diamonds on.
I think it's ok for players to spend their own diamonds on the things they want.
I'll try one last time, then you'll have to excuse me if I stop replying to your one-sentence repetitive posts that don't actually answer the questions:
You spend diamonds on A,B,C. how is it a good thing that D (which used to be free) now also costs diamonds? please explain.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'll try one last time, then you'll have to excuse me if I stop replying to your one-sentence repetitive posts that don't actually answer the question:
Lots of players come up a bit short on events. They buy currency and depend upon the FA to get more artifacts. The only difference is, there is no FA to help on this one.

Last edited:

Guurt The Destroyer

This is only my second event, so some of the mechanics are confusing to me. How many grand prizes are between the Pilgrim's Plaza and the Pilgrim's Forge? Is there a way to see this in game?