• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Speedier Barracks?

Gkyr

Chef
@crackie : I sure do not understand minmaxgame's system and have not wanted to invest the time in backtracking my reads in order to comprehend. As it is, I cannot get his tables to work for me because (first sentence). Your amplitude of Tourney/Spire$=f(AW) sounds way off to me. You would have to spoon feed me your proof of concept or else get enough posters in this forum to agree with your figures for me to agree.

Having said that, I like your style of playing and I think Soggy is looking at the same thing. Empirically, if what you-all tell me works, I may try it and devil take the math.
Ah sorry, I thought you had more invested into the SSS.
Still, if you had
3 armories + DB + SSS
instead of
4 armories + SSS

you'd have almost the exact same queue time and I'm pretty sure that your armory+culture+pop takes up significantly more space than the DB
@SoggyShorts :
Let's see: the DB would require 28 tiles while freeing up one armory of 24 tiles. Then there are the 16 tiles required by the two Orc Nests needed to replace the Orc production for an increased burden of 20 tiles. One res of 2200 pop uses 15 tiles. Subtracting this still leaves 5 additional tiles. Culture does not count for space since path upgrades carry culture.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SoggyShorts :
Let's see: the DB would require 28 tiles while freeing up one armory of 24 tiles. Then there are the 16 tiles required by the two Orc Nests needed to replace the Orc production for an increased burden of 20 tiles. One res of 2200 pop uses 15 tiles. Subtracting this still leaves 5 additional tiles.
There's more
Orc nests produce orcs for free, armories cost supplies. So now you'd need to factor in the workshops and their space too :p
Culture does not count for space since path upgrades carry culture.
I don't understand this statement. Unless the culture that your armories require has zero impact (because you don't use any pure culture buildings)?

Gkyr

Chef
@SoggyShorts : my pure culture buildings are limited to one float of the constructs and a few 1x2 and 2x2 fillers. Roads and avenues provide some culture. All other culture is adventitial.
Furthermore:
The increase in training size for DB is a function of tech tree squad size.
The increase in training size for SSS is a function of Armory level, so by decreasing Armories, one decreases the effectiveness of the SSS.
The DB also costs more in KP than the SSS (level 4 (2+3+4) 833 vs. 658 KP), and so on up the upgrade.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@MinMax Gamer said:
AW term is (0.003A+1), meaning that for every ~333 AW levels you get 1x CAL increase. E.g. if your CAL with no AWs whatsoever is 1x, then adding ~333 AW levels will double it to 2x, ~667 AW levels will triple it to 3x and 1000 AW levels will quadruple it to 4x. If you keep your research and expansions constant (e.g. end-game), then you will be adding the same points per AW level, on average. Given relationship of CAL with Spire and tournament numbers, you can replace CAL with any Spire or tournament output.

It also means that only total AW levels matter. Kind of AW does not matter. Specific size, level, KP contributions etc do not matter. AWs with KPs contributed but not upgraded do not count as an increase. This generally agrees with experimental observations (with some rounding noise on top).

@Gkyr So the coefficient is even more generous, 333 AW levels! Your tourney and Spire stack size is determined by CAL and CAL is moving a tiny increment per AW upgrade. Your wonder levels is being multiplied by 0.003, which is not going to break the bank! Wonder level is nowhere as ouchie as mandatory tech increases, which shows up as an exponent, increasing squad by 0.45%. I mean, maybe don't level a Thrones of High Men to Level 35 and you'll be alright.

Gkyr

Chef
@SoggyShorts : The issue of the WS is difficult to piece out because one needs WS to produce troops, in the first place. I figure the cost of orcs per day amounts to a tax of 1/2 the daily out put of one of my current WS. However, with the use of PP (I avg. use 3 per day) and the presence of 3 magic WS, the 'orc tax' decreases from 10 tiles (1/2 of my 4x5 WS) to 1-3 tiles.

Another benefit of the SSS is the instant increase in training size that is possible. Let's say you need a 10% increase to keep your training queue full while you are offline. If you have a 6x5 area that is between guest races or is being held or occupied by 1* WS for FA, you can build 6 lvl 1 and 2 armories in 7-13 (1+6+6) minutes and increase your training levels by 10% which stay even after you sell off the armories.

Doesn't have to be one big area. Any 2x2 area next to a path will work, of course.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@crackie I don't know what happened but 1 week ago I was Tournying up to 24 to 30 provinces. Since then I upgraded 4 AW levels and added 1 expansion and now I cannot even get to province 13. It must be the algoritm change that is being talked about...
(https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/battle-change.27134/page-4#post-214953)
...and not the CAL.
Oh hon it's the expansion that's killing you. Shoulda stuck by me, I'd have told you that :p
I have a friend with a big bank account and a few areas where he can experiment and he absolutely determined by trial and error that it's the expansions.

Dew Spinner

@Lelanya Are premium expansions exempt still, or not, under the new system?
Make sure you know how many expansions and of what type, Leylania and her friend have before you adjust your figures. Older players have way over expanded for the new tournament penalty, so 1 extra expansion might kill them but not younger players that have been placing mostly premium expansions and keeping the total number of expansions lower than the older players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gkyr

Chef
@Dew Spinner Chill, just a bit. Lelanya (her name, spelled correctly) has often said that she is not a numbers person. Nevertheless, I find her contributions constructive and instructive.
And thank you, too, for your contributions. At least the other ones. I learn a lot from you, too.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Gkyr it seems like you actually have the lowest expansions for your chapter in your FS and one of your teammate has a whopping 25 more plots than you! However, you have another teammate with 8 more plots averaging 8k without a drop in tourney pts over several weeks. Perhaps compare notes with those teammates in your chapter? I'm curious how you can drop off ~10 provinces too. In tourney today, I witnessed some big archer stacks get shredded in one blow that I was not at all expecting to happen, but I realized I didn't put a UUU down. I'm hoping it's just that and no more wonky battle algo changes, unless another manual fighter is going to say they're witnessing this too this week.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Dew Spinner Chill, just a bit. Lelanya (her name, spelled correctly) has often said that she is not a numbers person. Nevertheless, I find her contributions constructive and instructive.
And thank you, too, for your contributions. At least the other ones. I learn a lot from you, too.
First of all - thanks. There are some players I formally 'ignore', makes my life simpler.
Yes my friend bought 5 premium expansions for a chapter 2 city and ran it into a wall. Is that enough numbers, or should I ask him for screenshots?

Try playing for 6 years and writing the more interesting folks on a server, maybe you will have a wide selection of contacts then too. :)

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I stopped upgrading SSS at level 6 or 7 in all 3 of my cities. My long term plan is to eventually upgrade Dwarven Bulwark high enough that I can entirely eliminate armories. And since SSS does not work without armories, it will go also whenever this happens. But this is very much a long term proposition for me because all 3 of my cities are in Constructs. As soon as I finish this chapter and unlock them, building both Time Warp and Simia and then upgrading these 2 are going to be my AW priorities for the foreseeable future.

Dew Spinner

First of all - thanks. There are some players I formally 'ignore', makes my life simpler.
Yes my friend bought 5 premium expansions for a chapter 2 city and ran it into a wall. Is that enough numbers, or should I ask him for screenshots?

Try playing for 6 years and writing the more interesting folks on a server, maybe you will have a wide selection of contacts then too. :)
Wow, such a "big wallet" spender...bought 5 whole expansions in Ch 2, that right there show your comment was disingenuous, you made it sound like he/she had bought every premium expansion available because he/she was a "big wallet". That's why I said to @Gkyr that they would have to see the numbers reflected in your post and now we see that the "big wallet" was just bluster on you're part.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

At least @Lelanya maintains the site Elvenar Gems of Knowledge. I think that qualifies as helpful and kind. Please list any similar positive contribution you've made to other player's enjoyment of this game.
I'm sorry but most of the info there is extremely outdated. No editing for Portal Profits, new Tournament changes and only goes to Ch 15, including event buildings. And before you come back with "they volunteer their time", there are Ads all over that site, someone is getting paid and not updating the info.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm sorry but most of the info there is extremely outdated. No editing for Portal Profits, new Tournament changes and only goes to Ch 15, including event buildings. And before you come back with "they volunteer their time", there are Ads all over that site, someone is getting paid and not updating the info.
Again, compared to your zero contributions? You haven't a leg to stand on.