• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire squad size calc - we need your data!

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3932582
  • Start date

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As far as I can tell, none of the numbers you ask for changed at all from last week, other than completing 2 more AW levels. That increased my starting squad size by 13, from 3176 to 3189, and enemy squad size increased by 5, from 1411 to 1416. The only other thing I did was add 12 levels to an armory, but I think you said those buildings, and the training size increases they give, do not factor in at all?

One thing did surprise me a little. In the three weeks I have been tracking the changes, my squads have increased by 44, then 19, and now 13, and the enemy by 19, then 9, and now 5. That makes the enemy increase as compared to mine, 43%, then 47%, and now 39%. Shouldn't the enemy squad size increase by the same percent of mine each week?

Deleted User - 4646370

I added in my post above some more detailed data such as current position in tech tree.

qaccy

Well, I totally fudged up twice for this Spire.

15 / 35 / 505 / 269 / 3573 => 8407 / 2993 [Apr 05 2020] <-- This is for the 4th encounter on stage 1

Levelled up an AW prior to the Spire opening instead of waiting like I'd planned to do, and this is also the 4th encounter since that's how far I made it before I remembered to check the numbers. I do still have the expansion unplaced, but I think my mistakes probably ruined any benefit this week's data could've had...sorry :(

Deleted User - 3932582

One thing did surprise me a little. In the three weeks I have been tracking the changes, my squads have increased by 44, then 19, and now 13, and the enemy by 19, then 9, and now 5. That makes the enemy increase as compared to mine, 43%, then 47%, and now 39%. Shouldn't the enemy squad size increase by the same percent of mine each week?
These increments are too small, so internal rounding skews things somewhat. The ratio of own vs enemy squad is ~2.25:1, so in your percentages that would be 44.4%.

Deleted User - 3932582

Well, I totally fudged up twice for this Spire.

15 / 35 / 505 / 269 / 3573 => 8407 / 2993 [Apr 05 2020] <-- This is for the 4th encounter on stage 1

Levelled up an AW prior to the Spire opening instead of waiting like I'd planned to do, and this is also the 4th encounter since that's how far I made it before I remembered to check the numbers. I do still have the expansion unplaced, but I think my mistakes probably ruined any benefit this week's data could've had...sorry :(
No, it's all good. I can convert the numbers from any encounter back to base, that's not an issue ;) And if you can place that expansion and not level any AWs or making any other changes before the next Spire, that would be super awesome!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
These increments are too small, so internal rounding skews things somewhat. The ratio of own vs enemy squad is ~2.25:1, so in your percentages that would be 44.4%.

That covers the 43% and 47%, but the 39% is low. If the enemy had increased by 6 instead of 5, that would be 46%. But yeah, with a number so small, it could just be a rounding thing.

Deleted User - 3932582

That covers the 43% and 47%, but the 39% is low. If the enemy had increased by 6 instead of 5, that would be 46%. But yeah, with a number so small, it could just be a rounding thing.
You assume that 13 is indeed 13, and not something like 12.5.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Yep. I went back and calculated the percent difference from my overall numbers for the past four weeks and each week the enemy squad size was 44.4% of my squad size.

Something I was thinking about but kept forgetting to ask, but while completed provinces play a part in this, what about scouted provinces that have not been completed yet? Do those extra provinces factor in at all?

Deleted User - 3932582

Quick update: with the data collected so far, and a few targeted experiments we can now eliminate some of the potential variables. I am now certain that number of map provinces - just scouted, fully/partially negotiated etc - has no impact on the Spire squad size calculation whatsoever. So you may go bananas on overscouting ;) Also, having extra expansions available for placing has no impact, nor do KP donations to AWs without actually upgrading. Playing tournament / Spire has no impact on Spire SS either.

Now, I think it is time to expand our dataset with more targeted experiments. Our weekly data samples of the real cities are great for control purposes, but it will be hard to get more insights without ability to nudge only specific parameters - which is hard in live cities. So what I am looking for are some dormant / inactive / frozen cities that you have access to. It's for science! ;) So here are the requirements:
- Access to Spire, so chapter 3+
- Ability to make no changes to the city except for the ones that are part of the experiment - for a few weeks
- No changes means no research, no new expansions, no construction / upgrades
- Production / collection, scouting, map negotiation, tournament playing, KP donations are all fine! (but the less activity there is, the better)
- You do NOT need to actually play the Spire (but you can if you want to, it doesn't seem to have any impact)
- Ability to place some AWs and/or expansions (but there are some experiments that don't require that)

Abandoned cities would work great for that; so would diamond farms.

Here are the kinds of experiments I am thinking about so far:
- Place some KPs into research, but don't unlock it
- Unlock some research without donating any KPs
- Build 1x L1 AW (different ones)
- Upgrade 1x AW (different ones)
- Place 1x (or more) expansions
- Upgrade Main Hall
- There could be more, depending on results

So if you have access to such city(-ies), message me and we can figure out what's the best experiment for what you have (and what's needed). And remember - it is all for science! ;)

Also, looking for a few more people with 300+ total AW levels in the end game for a few more usual datapoints. This, as usual, can be private.

Thanks!

DeletedUser5371

i am here at....15/35/590/275/4626/125=>3802/1689 [2020-04-05]
i have added 3 aw levels and expect to add at least 2 more for a total of 5+ before spire regens. with these i will have 280 aw levels before next regen.
i have one expansion with diamonds i can do also before next regen. what will help you the most?

Deleted User - 3932582

i am here at....15/35/590/275/4626/125=>3802/1689 [2020-04-05]
i have added 3 aw levels and expect to add at least 2 more for a total of 5+ before spire regens. with these i will have 280 aw levels before next regen.
i have one expansion with diamonds i can do also before next regen. what will help you the most?
It's a bit tricky to do in a live city, that's why I am not asking for that. But if you can do one week between the Spires where you don't do any AW upgrades or other stuff that I mentioned (you can still contribute KPs to several of AWs, just don't advance levels), and you place just this one expansion that would be very helpful. Obviously don't do it this week as you've already done some AW upgrades.

Alternatively, if you can do one week between the Spires where you only upgrade just 1 AW by 1 level (and no expansions or other things), that would be helpful as well.

Let me know if you want more details.