• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

(Spoilers) Rise of the Phoenix Event Guide

DeletedUser2963

I have a life, this quest is too much, truly too much. This really makes me just not want to play at all anymore. Like, if the events are going to get longer and longer like this what is the point of even bothering?
So, you don't want to play this game anymore because the optional event has too many quests? Or because the optional event is going on too long?

DeletedUser1996

1) There's another 25 days to finish it
II) Winter Quest was 100 tasks
Three) The quests do not keep getting bigger. The next one will probably be more along the lines of the VD quest last month
D) You are at least the second person who has said something like "This quest makes me want to quit." That is just silly. Who told you that you Have to do the quests? If you don't like them just ignore them and continue with the regular game.
Personally, I think the quests add an extra bit of fun to the game even when they frustrate the **** out of me.
Nicely Put and well said !!! :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
1) There's another 25 days to finish it
II) Winter Quest was 100 tasks
Three) The quests do not keep getting bigger. The next one will probably be more along the lines of the VD quest last month
D) You are at least the second person who has said something like "This quest makes me want to quit." That is just silly. Who told you that you Have to do the quests? If you don't like them just ignore them and continue with the regular game.
Personally, I think the quests add an extra bit of fun to the game even when they frustrate the **** out of me.
You forgot:

fifth) of scotch makes every event go more smoothly

DeletedUser6059

So, you don't want to play this game anymore because the optional event has too many quests? Or because the optional event is going on too long?

The vent is just setting off a feeling I was already having. I was at the point where I am checking in maybe once or twice a day but I'm no longer grinding the game because, frankly, it's boring to do that. So I am running supplies on 9 hours and goods on three because, trying to work up a healthy supply goods balance again now that I've got tier 3 goods on the second upgrade level. This event just really turned me off because the game already feels too grindy with not enough, action? maybe is the word? As much as I love the buildings in this game, the fact that it's either sit there and stare at the screen to click supplies every 5 minutes, or just check in once or twice a day because, there's really no in between if you are also going to do things like work and leave the house for fresh air *chuckle*

DeletedUser1996

The vent is just setting off a feeling I was already having. I was at the point where I am checking in maybe once or twice a day but I'm no longer grinding the game because, frankly, it's boring to do that. So I am running supplies on 9 hours and goods on three because, trying to work up a healthy supply goods balance again now that I've got tier 3 goods on the second upgrade level. This event just really turned me off because the game already feels too grindy with not enough, action? maybe is the word? As much as I love the buildings in this game, the fact that it's either sit there and stare at the screen to click supplies every 5 minutes, or just check in once or twice a day because, there's really no in between if you are also going to do things like work and leave the house for fresh air *chuckle*
Sounds Fair and reasonable !! Its ok to vent :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

To me this is a total contradiction
JSGchick: "I don't like just sitting here watching my screen I need something to do"
drunken Devs: "VOILA here is a quest to keep you occupied"
JSGchick: "waaaaahhhh why do you give us so much to do?"

As far as finding the supplies/goods balance
this game is a constant balancing act
upgrade your rock diggers - need more tools
add some shops - need more population
research bigger houses - need more rocks

sometimes you hit spots where you feel like you are stuck
but then something breaks and you are off running again

i don't think the game is meant to be action packed
i see it as more of a mental exercise
the game is all about planning where to put expansions and what you should be building/upgrading
it is about making the choice to invest a pile of coins and supplies, then waiting eighteen hours for your main hall to upgrade because you know it will pay off in the long run
it can be about choosing tasks to suit the moment
or tearing down a building you spent two weeks upgrading because you have a better use for the space and resources

and the tournies are about looking at the task lists our generous beta friends give us
so we can put up a bunch of level one ws temporarilly to make "produce 8 million beverages" less of a grind
or knowing when to start a scout or building upgrade so we aren't staring at the screen and drumming our fingers for 7 hours

maybe i see the game wrongly
or maybe you need to adjust your view some

Istaru

The problem with that is the daily buildings. I am in chapter 4 and doing the math for how I am building my city and short/long term benefits of the buildings the only good buildings are the sun codex and observatory, days 6 and 7 respectively. Those can only be obtained in that particular day which means I need to rack up as many points as possible by day 7 and then fire them all off to try to collect as many observatories as possible. After that only the orc strategist one is mildly interesting. The cult building has only 2/3rds the culture of temple of ages, which I get at the end of the chapter; and one L15 residence provides nearly the same population and I currently have over 2000 excess population because nearly all my residences are at L15.

If things were a little different, then yes it would just be a matter of respecting that we have a whole month.

Once you get into chapter 6, you will find that your excess population is used up very quickly indeed. I ran short even after upgrading all of my houses to level 17.

Istaru

I agree! Having the guide takes a lot of the stress out! There's nothing as annoying as getting to a step that requires you to produce something that takes a day or two to complete. This makes it so much easier!

I agree, and it would be super helpful if I didn't keep accidentally collecting my spells just before I need them! If I only had more space I would move that blasted Magic Academy off of the road. Oh well, another 20 hours won't keep me from finishing. They really gave us a generous amount of time for the quests in this event. It's taking a lot of the stress out of it for me. :)

Istaru

It is what it is, but not knowing too far in advance what the daily rewards are, there's some "intrigue" to choosing them or waiting. I picked up too burning eggs. Should I try for another or wait and see what's offered? I'm in chapter 7 so have no clue about the orc rewards.

I picked up one. The culture is very good, but the building is just too ugly to want a lot of them in my city for months. ;)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I agree, and it would be super helpful if I didn't keep accidentally collecting my spells just before I need them! If I only had more space I would move that blasted Magic Academy off of the road. Oh well, another 20 hours won't keep me from finishing. They really gave us a generous amount of time for the quests in this event. It's taking a lot of the stress out of it for me. :)
The MA and MH are the two buildings I'd like to see not collectible without explicitly being clicked on.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

After Winter Torture Quest, I made sure my MA was at the end of a road so I could just remove a brick and take it offline after it was done producing.
I also try to do the same with the temp buildings I put up to take care of the one and two day tasks. Of course I was lucky I have been saving some space for a couple of AWs or I wouldn't have been able to add those temps.

I'm in my final hours. There's about 3 hours left on the 9 hour task.
The next ( #82 ) task is done and just needs to be collected.
And my two buildings will be done upgrading a few minutes later.
Pick up some easy goods and this quest is in the rear view mirror, except for the dailies.

Shout out to Crazy because it was his task list I used.

Deleted User - 1178646

After Winter Torture Quest, I made sure my MA was at the end of a road so I could just remove a brick and take it offline after it was done producing.
I also try to do the same with the temp buildings I put up to take care of the one and two day tasks. Of course I was lucky I have been saving some space for a couple of AWs or I wouldn't have been able to add those temps.

I'm in my final hours. There's about 3 hours left on the 9 hour task.
The next ( #82 ) task is done and just needs to be collected.
And my two buildings will be done upgrading a few minutes later.
Pick up some easy goods and this quest is in the rear view mirror, except for the dailies.

Shout out to Crazy because it was his task list I used.

How shall you survive the next 3 weeks? no more questing like a maniac ;)

DeletedUser1016

Is it possible to get the grand prize? I
Based on the below I would say absolutely no since event the second grand prizes is out of reach unless you catch almost all the dropping eggs!

This time I'm already at step 22 and haven't even reached the first prize yet.
Yeah, I'm on quest number 61 and just got the first prize with only slightly less then 500 essences banked.

Or is it one of those things that you can basically only reach the grand prize if you buy it?
Abosolutely - you have to buy it, and the odds of having to purchase the second grand prize is also very high.

well -today in the live stream Mr T. said it is poss. if your very diligent !
I think this is very, VERY misleading since it will take diligence to get to just the second level grand prizes.

In general, no, the 3rd grand prize cannot be reached without spending real money.
Yes - this, I think is true.

This event, I'm not sure yet how it will play out, but I would hope they wouldn't backtrack.
Yes - they did backtrack.

From CrazyWizard: The expected maximum "free" gain of Sky Essence is aproximatly 4600 sky essence. 980 from the daily quests (28*35), 840 from the random spawns (28*+-30 per day) and 2787 from the main quest.

It will take a minimum of 4,620 essence to get both first [250 feathers] and second [400 feathers] grand prizes [250 + 400 = 650 feathers; 20 feathers per 140 essence/per large egg = 32.5 opening large eggs; so opening the large egg 33 times is 33 x 140 = 4,620 essence!

So how can you get the second prize? Obviously if you are incredibly lucky to get all the "random spawns" and/or extra essence when opening an egg; or just purchase it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the odds of having to purchase the second grand prize is also very high.

So how can you get the second prize? Obviously if you are incredibly lucky to get all the "random spawns" and/or extra essence when opening an egg; or just purchase it.

Nah, it's close to a 99% chance that you will get the second prize.
See here: http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html

You get a whole lot of feathers from hitting either of the "free" essence chances 20% of the time (or 30% of the time with small eggs)

When I spent all of my snowflakes trying to get winter stars I had enough to open around 100 boxes I iirc, and actually opened 150+ due to winning free flakes 30% of the time.

I'm sitting on 3300 ess on each account, with 22 days of 35 from daily quests will put me at 4070, meaning I'll need another 600 to reach 99.9% chance which is about 28 ess a day from collecting around my city.

My Beta has
3663 total ess
-490 from dailies
-2787 from main questline
-----------
386 from eggs around my city

386/14 days = 27.5 average per day.

My Live accounts are doing much better, averaging 32+ per day

Last edited:

DeletedUser1016

Nah, it's close to a 99% chance that you will get the second prize.
Really, no disrespect Soggy - I admire the work you do here on the forum and with all the incredibly valuable information you post. But unlike the previous event where I was able to get both first and second prize by just collecting snowflakes from the daily and event quests, this event requires luck to get the second grand prize; and some diligence in getting random falling eggs, otherwise the second prize is also out of reach. Both Snow Flurry Event prizes, the first & second grand prizes, could be obtained without luck, and the fact that there is a 99% chance of getting the second is a step backwards compared to the previous event. Folks were asking if they made this event easier to get the 3rd prize, so my real point is that.... if it's a gamble to get the second prize, then the 3rd prize is obviously out of reach without being purchased.